Verified:

TNTroXxor Game profile

Feb 4th 2012, 9:44:42

#127 & 143

#67 & 68

Due to popular demand, im posting some question from what most players in here would like to ask... :

1.Why are they deleted ? Did you have solid proof that they collaborated outside of game to give them unfair advantage ?

2.Multiple players to take turns cheating like how the above mention purpled country did, and countless more innocent players would lose out on land permanently without the chance to get back their land fairly. Another sort of 'cheating' would be a GSed all jetter hiting everyone except the mastermind of the cheat run. That in itself is 'cheating' no ? If yes, what the mods are planning to do to prevent this ?

3.Should there be already dialogue between mods and code writer of this game about how DR and war mechanics works in express ?

4.Is martian still a fluff ?

5.There will be alot more 'cheaters' or some would like to call it, THE REVOLUTION REBEL, in the game next set. The question is, what the mods and admins have in place to ensure everyone gets a clean shot at the top spot ?

I'm quitting express. And by quitting, i mean stop netting. And by stop netting, im mean im looking for ways to change the server. One way or the other.

Thank you for your time.

p/s martian fluff you !
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 4th 2012, 9:53:38

1. as you werent one of the players deleted - none of your concern

2.we will not discuss what we plan to do about it due to the fact that would let people work out ways around it before we do anything, making it a waste of our time

3. there has been for 6 months now

4. of course

5. again cant tell you, tho the problem started with GDI and the fluffing people did about the spirit of the game rules which are now gone

Edited By: Warster on Feb 4th 2012, 10:07:20
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2012, 10:02:29

LOL! +10 to both!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 4th 2012, 13:18:06

Warster the answer to his #1 answer is everyone's business. If someone is caught cheating it should be made public. That alone would keep a lot of people from doing it. I would not care if it was made known public that my country was purpled because of in game messages. I would rather you say that so people know i do not cheat. Being secretive is not good for the game or public opinion of the mods. Personally, i have nothing against you and Gall and think you guys are ok in general. In this instance you are dead wrong.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

blid

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2012, 14:00:11

What do you mean Deerhunter? You want to know who owned the countries? Or are you saying you want to know how they got caught?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 4th 2012, 14:16:33

Both. If a country is purpled it should have its own thread created by the mods and only mods can post on it to announce who owned the country and why it was purpled, either for cheating or ingame messages. I think that is reasonable and the peer pressure would do more than anything to keep people from cheating.
I shall fear no retals,

maverickmd Game profile

Feb 4th 2012, 14:18:51

No it shouldn't this isn't a democracy it's just a game.

herbs12 Game profile

Feb 4th 2012, 14:32:14

Having them purple is good enough for me. I like seeing that the mods are on there toes and ppl who try to not play within the spirit of the game are caught and
Deleted.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 4th 2012, 15:00:44

I would rather they disclose the names of the perps, they can keep the reason, except if the reason was messaging.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Feb 4th 2012, 15:28:02

I am sure if you guys were in the mods shoes, you would do the same thing. Just saying... don't be selfish and think only of yourself. You can disagree with me but I'm just speaking from experience.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

blid

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2012, 16:22:45

Originally posted by crest23:
I would rather they disclose the names of the perps, they can keep the reason, except if the reason was messaging.
Agreed on both parts. People shouldn't be able to get caught cheating and have no one know it was them, and people getting deleted for language or insults or whatever should be distinguished from the cheaters.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2012, 16:26:52

Yup, disclose the perp, keep the rest, fair trade!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 1:43:57

Honestly, if you can see it from a different view, would you want your name public if you thought you would be caught cheating? Think of how it would ruin your good (or bad) name if you were caught cheating and made public. It could (not saying would) decrease cheating if people knew they would be put out in the open.

Discuss!

crest23 Game profile

Feb 5th 2012, 1:55:03

Exactly!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 5th 2012, 2:21:22

That is my point. Make the cheaters name public for everyone to blast. Peer pressure counts. Then their bragging rights are all gone and it would dissuade them from their bad behavior.
I shall fear no retals,

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 5th 2012, 4:31:36

1) we usually do not comment on deletions or reveal who ran countries except under very extenuating circumstances (which this isn't). If those countries were deleted and remain so it is safe to assume that we have very solid proof that they violated at least one (if not more) of the game rules.

2) as warster said. We aren't going to give you advice on how to break the rules :P

3) There has been for more than 6 months actually (IRC) but actual forum posts for around that long. qz/pang have a large backlog of things on their to do list. It is high up on the list but their first priorty has been keeping the server running, stable, and secure which from what I gather has been a rather large project. As such there are about 4-5 ideas which have been floated that are seriously being considered as I type this post. Once it is on top of the priority list we may solicit more feedback/ideas. Of course feel free to post any suggestions on the B&S board in this regard as well given that there's probably solutions we haven't thought of.

4. I am *the* fluff

5. One step at a time. More proven cheaters = more deletions. As far as any other enforcement steps we make take/consider goes, we will not discuss that on a public board. We have a very wide range of tools that we can use if need be. No we do not just use IP and CAPTCHA :P that's all I"m going to say on this subjec.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 5th 2012, 5:12:42

Martian, I actually want to ask, where is it written that "team killing" or coordination on the solo servers are not allowed?

I don't actually see it stated in
http://www.earthempires.com/rules

This post is not to suggest or imply that coordination is allowed, but I am just unable to find where such a rule is actually written.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 5th 2012, 8:27:00

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Martian, I actually want to ask, where is it written that "team killing" or coordination on the solo servers are not allowed?

I don't actually see it stated in
http://www.earthempires.com/rules

This post is not to suggest or imply that coordination is allowed, but I am just unable to find where such a rule is actually written.

It was in the previous "spirit of the game" rules, which were removed after what I was told, everyone complained about those rules then.

Edited By: galleri on Feb 6th 2012, 1:57:47
See Original Post

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 5th 2012, 8:48:37

Oh. If it was removed, then shouldn't the rule no longer apply? If it still applies, shouldn't it be added back?

TNTroXxor Game profile

Feb 5th 2012, 9:13:26

Thx for all the replies... As long as the ball is rolling take ur time for a solution... In the mean time.....

*sets bunny on fire

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 5th 2012, 9:21:09

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 5th 2012, 10:02:13

spirit of the game rules may have been removed, but working together on a solo server as in DR someone on purpose, running a land farm or using a tech leech can still get you deleted
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

blid

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 14:58:58

Originally posted by Warster:
using a tech leech can still get you deleted
HELLO!! Wow! :D

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 21:12:06

you cannot delete people for using a tech leech. that would eliminate about 1/3 the server. at that rate, you may as well delete the guy whos teching 1k tpt allied to the guy whos teching 5k tpt, beacuse the 1k guy is benefitting so much more than hes giving right?

whats next? deleting people who pass along good targets to their friends allies?

how bout those who have offense allies who dont attack as frequently as they do, leaving their jets home for use?

what you would be doing then would be micromanaging the game to a point where everything causes a deletion.

if you want people to be deleted for getting into DR, then you have to add it into the server rules. if not, then you may not act on it. if so, you would be the reason this game gets shut down.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 5th 2012, 21:33:11

Ok let me get this rigt

You all fluff that people are abusing DR , so I finally delete them for it and now you people are fluffing that I shouldn't delete people for abusing DR??

From now on ill just ignore all tips regarding DR and if people win because of it don't come fluffing to me.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

blid

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 21:38:31

I don't know if anyone is complaining about those deletions. I'm sure not, I'm super glad for it because the DR abuse was getting out of control.

justtaint

Feb 5th 2012, 21:43:25

Who said anything about having an issue with deleting those who abuse DR?

The way I see it JJ abused a lot of things and others are starting to take advantage of the loopholes he abused. Running a landfarm isn't against the rules as long as you're not running it yourself. Having tech leeches isn't against the rules, but tricking 3 people into providing you with free tech for the whole reset is pretty fluffty. Abusing DR isn't against the rules either, but those rules should be changed.

There are quite a few ways to break the spirit of the rules, but that spirit rule is no longer in effect.

Most people are asking for a precise set of rules that aren't completely open to interpretation. A "Clean" player shouldn't have to worry about breaking the rules. If I do a tech start, and my allies don't drop my pacts after I tell them I'm done teching, is that leeching against the rules?

Delete the cheaters. Continue doing what is turning out to be a tough job, and understand this forum is for us to whine and moan.
SlashMD

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 21:47:08

Ok let me get this rigt

You all fluff that people are abusing DR , so I finally delete them for it and now you people are fluffing that I shouldn't delete people for abusing DR??

From now on ill just ignore all tips regarding DR and if people win because of it don't come fluffing to me.

i for one never complained about DR. its cheap and shady yes, but i dont feel like its cheating... im just saying that if you think its cheating then you either need to update the rules to reflect this or to leave it alone. and if you start enforcing that, you need to enforce the rest of the things, making this game micromanaged...

being cheap is completely different from being a cheater and you making judgement calls on deletions is dumb.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 21:49:03

^^ Waldo?

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 21:53:25

who the heck is waldo?

and when did you start being a whiny brat? did someone give you a really bad wedgie about a month ago? or did you get a hellacious case of the blue balls

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 5th 2012, 21:54:40

Ummm isn't all mod work based on judgement calls

Doesn't matter I've already stepped down from moderating this server
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

blid

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 21:57:13

That sucks, nobody is going to want to moderate this server. The DR rules make it impossible

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 21:58:25

warster, you have specifically stated previously that moderating is all about if rules were broken. for rules to be broken, they need to be clearly spelled out. meaning if its not on the rules page, then its not a rule. if you want to delete someone for doing something, then you need to add it to the rules page. if you cannot do so because you dont have the scripts or whatever, then PM slagpit or qzjul or someone who can edit it for you.

im sure that wouldnt be much an issue.

as far as stepping down, then why does it still say game mod team+express? im not saying that moderating this server is an easy task but when you start deleting based on judgement calls instead of what is very black/white, you ruin the server.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 22:00:49

Anything outside SS and PS should NOT affect DR. That be a very quick and effective fix :)
(•_•)

blid

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 22:02:22

Please note that TheTruth is speaking only for himself, whoever he is (who knows??).

I'd wager that a strong majority of players who are legit and care about competing would prefer competing against a clean server, with such players as Team Devastating (#67) and I R WoG Flying HigH (#143) going purple for flagrantly abusing DR.

New DR rules would make this server a lot easier to moderate, but until then it's certainly not going to be a picnic for anybody.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 5th 2012, 22:04:00

Cos I stood down as express mod a whole 15 minutes ago

And it may be clear what the rules are, but a judgement still has to be made if its 1 person or 2, and so on
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 22:04:20

no it wouldnt because if say u just got ABEd for 1/2 your buidlings, i could come in and farm you and you would never recover. thats about the worst suggestion ive ever heard.

missiles already dont affect DR which is stupid.. missiles and special attacks should count as 1/2 DR.
failed attacks should count for 1/2 DR
and successful should be 1 DR

or you can revamp the system and go to a 1/2DR system, but for them not to, thats just retarded.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 22:06:10

I'd say making bounces and GS not count on DR would go a long way to fixing the issue.

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 22:06:16

Cos I stood down as express mod a whole 15 minutes ago

And it may be clear what the rules are, but a judgement still has to be made if its 1 person or 2, and so on

so whos replacing you?

judgement calls and unwritten rules resulting in deletions ruins the game. like i said. if you want to delete, have it added to the rules. if not, it makes you look biased or unfair...and the last thing a mod or admin can do is be labelled that.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 22:11:27

When you state it "ruins the game," that's just your opinion. I'm not sure how it ruins anything for anyone unless you're doing shady things and getting deleted?

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 22:22:13

obv everything that i say is my opinion, as is yours. the difference is, you decided to feel like you were appointed by the masses to represent them.

you are not anybodys legal council or representative. if i was to choose someone to represent the earth community, you wouldnt even be an afterthought.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 22:22:18

Hi JJ!!!!! *waves @ TheTruth* thank you for confirming my suspicion, the gut is always right!!!
(•_•)

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 22:23:20

JJ? oh please dont insult me.

i dont get compared to idiots like that. thats almost as insulting as if i was compared to you KoH in terms of gameplaying skill.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Feb 5th 2012, 22:26:42

Originally posted by TheTruth:
JJ? oh please dont insult me.

i dont get compared to idiots like that. thats almost as insulting as if i was compared to you KoH in terms of gameplaying skill.

Im not taking any sides but

+1

LOL

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 5th 2012, 22:28:38

Why not just have DR wear off really fast, say 4 hours or so? Instead of AIDS, maybe make it genital warts instead?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 22:29:01

if you kids remember correctly, i made my board debut calling out JJs but buddy tduong for cheating a couple months back.

but yeah, TNT, im usually a nice guy until so blatantly insulted. had to fire one back.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 22:29:12

obv everything that i say is my opinion, as is yours. the difference is, you decided to feel like you were appointed by the masses to represent them.

you are not anybodys legal council or representative. if i was to choose someone to represent the earth community, you wouldnt even be an afterthought.
Heh, I decided I was appointed by the masses? You are the guy named himself TheTruth. I'm the guy who took an extremely unpopular position about clan tags. :D

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 22:29:49

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Why not just have DR wear off really fast, say 4 hours or so? Instead of AIDS, maybe make it genital warts instead?

problem with this is because not everyone can logon so rapidly. 12 hours would be a more efficient barometer.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2012, 22:31:05

Yeah, a short DR would let noobs get pounded all day long. Log in after 24 hours away and see you've been hit 20 times, haha

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 22:36:03

Originally posted by blid:

Heh, I decided I was appointed by the masses? You are the guy named himself TheTruth. I'm the guy who took an extremely unpopular position about clan tags. :D

i dont know your affinity or problem with names. names are nothing more than a joke or for expression. you keep bringing up how my name somehow implies arrogance or self righteousness but thats just absurd. i could easily claim that the name blid is some kind of fancy acronym for something arrogant as well. or how bout nukevil, does that mean hes a sadistic SOB? or Pain, does that mean he enjoys inflicting pain on others..

you already got chewed out by multiple players, and mods about your overreaction to the name game association, and yet youre still going on with it.