Verified:

Ratski Game profile

Nov 9th 2017, 6:59:26

First kill of this was the Temple, that didn't take long.

the Temple

Nov 9th 2017, 7:57:31

Casualty*

Took two of you mouthbreathers to do it as well. Hilarious.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 9th 2017, 10:14:53

I think hilarious is a bit of a stretch though I chuckled somberly at the news.

Walthorp Game profile

Nov 9th 2017, 11:59:23

Eh, so it is okay for you to mess with others but not for them to return the favor. I wash my hands of it, enjoy the game.

the Temple

Nov 9th 2017, 13:10:35

No. It's cool. I wouldn't carry the same name if it wasn't, would I.

I do find it endlessly entertaining when you guys get butthurt about getting hit/spied.

Don't sit on 2.4 bill cash.

Get more spies

Buy more turrets.

Kingme Game profile

Nov 9th 2017, 15:26:23

It's always been his style. In the past he topfed big countries really late in the set where it wasn't worth hitting his 10k country back.

clintonista Game profile

Nov 9th 2017, 15:37:43

Actually it makes economic sense for the techers to just sit on $2.4B. Their first alternative is to buy food and sell it later at 6% commission on both transactions. Even if the techer loses $200M before that inane despicable spy DR kicks in, that loss is potentially less than losses from buying and reselling tons of food. Their other alternative of having a sufficient spy network to repel our heroic Robin Hoods costs far more than $200M.

the Temple

Nov 9th 2017, 15:53:30

Only if they don't want to do anything with it. Theyre always Theo's so buy private and sell public.

But fatties will be fatties.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 9th 2017, 16:58:51

I usually stock as demo, so that does not apply then. though even with a theo I worry that the cash on hand will make me a landgrab target, I always try to get to around 2B as a theo but only once I have all my bushels so I only have to hold it for as short a time as possible.

Maybe Im old fashioned.. I just recently came back and before that getting above 2b cash was a no-no. It still sticks. same with the end set GS-food runs. I have noticed I am more careful than most players about keeping my stock protected on the market.

Kingme Game profile

Nov 9th 2017, 17:07:04

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I usually stock as demo, so that does not apply then. though even with a theo I worry that the cash on hand will make me a landgrab target, I always try to get to around 2B as a theo but only once I have all my bushels so I only have to hold it for as short a time as possible.

Maybe Im old fashioned.. I just recently came back and before that getting above 2b cash was a no-no. It still sticks. same with the end set GS-food runs. I have noticed I am more careful than most players about keeping my stock protected on the market.

I guess I'm old school as well. When I'm techer I keep my stock (food and money) hidden.
Only when I ran as a casher did I have problems with asshats.

sinistril Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 9:44:11

go play test server if you don't want to be hit
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 15:00:05

you mean alpha? some players kill countries on alpha servers just for kicks.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....