Verified:

Piechoo Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 21:47:41

What should a newbie do to start n maintain the game flow?
- how to setup production?
- what is the step after login the game?
- what to achieve in this game?
- any tips n advice for better strategy

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2015, 21:59:59

Hey man. Welcome to EE! (Earth Empires).

The first advice I can give is visit the Strategy Forums. There's lots of useful questions & answers there about the game.
The object of game is up to you. You can try to NET higher than everyone else (networth listed under scores tab). You could try to war other players. You can try to build all defensively and 'play the market' (buy /resell off market).. and much more! That's really what the game is all about. Devising your own strategy with the same tools everyone else has an opportunity to.

Basic rules for EXPRESS is you get 1 turn per 4 mins. You don't have to use them all right away either. They can pile up for you to use at a later date. With each turn you have an option to 'build' 'war' 'spy' 'explore' 'cash'... Each one you select has a basic help link explaning their purposes. You are certainly welcomed to ask any specific questions here of course.

Most people prefer to build 'construction sites' to improve their 'bpt' Buildings Per Turn. In effect you can save turns that way. For an example:

Turn 1 Build 5 farms
Turn 2 build 5 farms
Turn 3 build 5 farms
Turn 4 build 5 farms

This took 4 turns to build 20 farms. But if you had 60 CS (construction sites) you could build 20 farms in 1 turn. On express we basically have about 1900 turns total. So you want to maximize your turns to their fullest. As for tips, it's all about the strategy you play. I highly recommend you click the MANAGE tab inside the game and click 'Govt descriptions'. Each govt type has a special ability. You primarily want to build your strategy around your govt type.

I hope this helps with some of your basics. Any further questions, just ask away.!!
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Piechoo Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 22:05:21

Let say u just login to the game, what action do u prefer first;

1) explore
2) build
3) purchase
4) research
And etc

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2015, 22:15:56

Well, it relies heavily on strategy. But first step I do is:
3) Purchase
Sell military: Type in '100' next to troops; sell them.

Then I...
2) Build 60 CS (construction sites)
From here, it all depends if you want to specialize in farms, cash, oil, tech, all depends.

The reasoning for selling 100 troops is because it eats your food and you don't need them really.
During your first 100 turns you're in what they call 'protection mode'. Nobody can attack you, nor can you attack them.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2015, 22:18:38

This should help with basic strategy ideas: http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Strategies

SOmeone also mentioned some pros / cons on a different thread here: http://www.earthempires.com/...h-startup-strategies-4094

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2015, 22:19:28

Here's a techer strategy: Outdated a little, but still relevant: http://www.toiletpapercovers.com/...reseller%20strategy.shtml

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 22:20:35

That is pretty good advice.

I am going to suggest a slightly different way to start. Not because Celphi's is bad but because the start up is a touch repetitive and boring so having a really simple pattern to follow is helpful. Gives you a better chance to stay awake.

So. Go to "manage (listed on the left of the screen). Put spies, jets, troops and tanks to zero, turrets to 100%, click on "Submit changes".

Now go to "Purchases" and then "sell military". Click on "all" beside "troops" and then click on "Sell military". Now click on "Build". Inset "5" opposite "Industrial Complexes". Click on "Construct Buildings". Now go to Purchases again and sell the turrets you just made (in the same way you sold those 100 troops you started with). Now go back to "Build" and this time build 4 Construction Sites. Then sell the turrets again. Build 6 Indies. Rinse and repeat. When you get to being able to build ten buildings build ten farms. When you run out of land to build on do one turn of "Explore". Keep selling what you build until you have $300,000 then don't sell any more. The turrets will accumulate and you want to get to 20,000. Because then you can sell 5,000 on the public market.

Enough for now. You'll need a lot more. It is not altogether a simple game.

Fun though. :)

Piechoo Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 22:45:53

Originally posted by Celphi:
Here's a techer strategy: Outdated a little, but still relevant: http://www.toiletpapercovers.com/...reseller%20strategy.shtml

I have try on this but i fail to sell the spy in some step...could i skip it?

I apply this on primary server

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2015, 22:49:54

Did you apply 100% to spies (manage tab) & build industrial complexes (build tab)?

You sell the spies to buy buildings. No money = no buildings.

Piechoo Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 23:06:19

Originally posted by Celphi:
Did you apply 100% to spies (manage tab) & build industrial complexes (build tab)?

You sell the spies to buy buildings. No money = no buildings.

Yup i already setting 100% on spy production...yet just leave 3 spy n still cant sell all

Piechoo Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 23:08:33

Your goods for sale:
29 Spy on sale for $2777 each (Until 47.2 hours from now)
10 Spy on sale for $2777 each (Until 47.3 hours from now)
19 Spy on sale for $2777 each (Until 47.3 hours from now)
29 Spy on sale for $2777 each (Until 47.4 hours from now)

What will happen after the 47 hrs above???

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2015, 23:09:39

Unit Price Owned Sell
Spies $144 29 All <---- click ALL

=========
|Sell Military| <--------- Then click button here
=========

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2015, 23:10:50

Originally posted by Piechoo:
Your goods for sale:
29 Spy on sale for $2777 each (Until 47.2 hours from now)
10 Spy on sale for $2777 each (Until 47.3 hours from now)
19 Spy on sale for $2777 each (Until 47.3 hours from now)
29 Spy on sale for $2777 each (Until 47.4 hours from now)

What will happen after the 47 hrs above???

They will return back to you if they do NOT sell within 47.2 and 47.3 hours.

Piechoo Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 23:13:16

Damn!!!! Sorry my mistake...i try to sell the spy on private market instead of sell military in purchase tab!

Piechoo Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 23:16:28

Thanks for your advice...feel excited after understand the flow...got to sleep first...waiting for new turn...will comeback to u later..tq again

Skulls of Dominion Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 23:18:12

Hope you have fun bro, spread the word about this game to your friends we can use new players.

Riddler Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 1:13:20

Celphi is wise...

Vic Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 2:01:50

yo yo man it's vic from in game, who encouraged you to make this post! glad to see it's going well. feel free to private msg me for any general advice.

Vic Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 2:02:31

also, tell us a bit about yourself. asl dude asl

tellarion Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 3:56:02

If you really want to maximize your startup, you should be exploring as soon as you are able, not waiting till you run out of land. This extends all the way to the first mass-ex(if you do one).

Earthfan Game profile

Sep 11th 2017, 20:06:25

Originally posted by tellarion:
If you really want to maximize your startup, you should be exploring as soon as you are able, not waiting till you run out of land. This extends all the way to the first mass-ex(if you do one).

Isn't the opposite of this true, because Build Price is based on total land, so lots of unused land makes building much more expensive? This means building after mass exploration is very expensive.

Now I realize unused land make a little food, so are you saying that little food production outweighs the seemingly large increase in Build Price you suffer due to so much empty land?

Marshal Game profile

Sep 11th 2017, 20:08:47

that was posted before population started to affect production too not just tax income.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Hellrush Game profile

Sep 12th 2017, 5:14:36

Hi Mac Daddy