Verified:

Ektar Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 20:26:27

When i played this like 15 years ago there was a 2billion bug that didnt allow you to go over that amount of $. I just noticed that i now can go over that but my cash per turn started dimishing very quickly after... insight?

Marshal Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 20:58:42

that's normal aka designed so and if you go enuf over 2b bucks your tax income drops to 0. bushels "disappear" is caused by decay aka more you have in hand higher the decay.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 11th 2017, 21:16:33

Marshal, you should seriously be quiet now, please.

There is no 2billion dollar bug any more. There is a decay rate of 0.1% per turn on all bushels and on each dollar over $2b. That decay rate can be gradually reduced by using bonus points.

drkprinc Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 22:04:37

think what marshal was saying getafix is that if you go over 2b high enough the decay superceeds your income and you reach a negative.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Ektar Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 22:27:00

Best way around this issue? Used to buy food and put it on the market at a high price so it wouldnt sell years ago.

clintonista Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 22:44:27

best way now is to put it all in planes and quad tap kingme

drkprinc Game profile

Feb 11th 2017, 23:11:22

Originally posted by Ektar:
Best way around this issue? Used to buy food and put it on the market at a high price so it wouldnt sell years ago.

same thing, find something that is cost effective that you can recover the money quickly later when you need to use it.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 12th 2017, 0:33:44

Originally posted by drkprinc:
think what marshal was saying getafix is that if you go over 2b high enough the decay superceeds your income and you reach a negative.

You know you've been around a long time when Marshal starts to make sense to you

drkprinc Game profile

Feb 12th 2017, 0:41:08

Originally posted by Getafix:

You know you've been around a long time when Marshal starts to make sense to you

lol I had to really look hard into his post and think about it like what is he talking about 0 tax income lol.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 12th 2017, 2:46:47

It's called corruption. When you have over 2bil on hand, your tax revenue starts decreasing.

Originally posted by Getafix:
There is no 2billion dollar bug any more. There is a decay rate of 0.1% per turn on all bushels and on each dollar over $2b. That decay rate can be gradually reduced by using bonus points.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 12th 2017, 3:16:19

Yes, the line expense item is called corruption:

E.G.
Expense Breakdown
Expenses $19,345
Military $12,219
Spies $939
Troops $143
Jets $0
Turrets $10,960
Tanks $177
Alliance/GDI $1226
Land $5900
Corruption $0

The corruption is 0.1% of each dollar over $2b per turn. Strictly speaking, your tax revenue doesn't decrease, its your expenses increasing. And like Marshal sort of said, that corruption expense can completely offset your tax revenues if it gets high enough. With $3b cash on hand, corruption = 0.001*($3b - $2b)= $1m per turn expense.

It would generally be better to spend the extra billion or two and buy jets to quad tap Kingme.

drkprinc Game profile

Feb 12th 2017, 3:27:50

with your post in mind it also depends on server and amount of turns in server, Express yes playing with corruption is harmful, but on other servers like Primary/FFA/Alliance, if you plan to stock with bushels to avoid corruption you have to calculate the cost of the bushel with tax if applicable and current strat, If you are a casher and you are in the cashing phase of the set playing with corruption upto a certain point has more benefit then using a turn to put bushels on market and thats if buying bushels will produce a lesser loss then the corruption if you are to sell them back on private at 35. I have had sets where I played upto 5.2b cash before the overall amoun of the corruption during those turns was more of a loss then buying bushels and using a turn to place on market instead of cashing.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Ektar Game profile

Feb 12th 2017, 6:19:15

with your post in mind it also depends on server and amount of turns in server, Express yes playing with corruption is harmful, but on other servers like Primary/FFA/Alliance, if you plan to stock with bushels to avoid corruption you have to calculate the cost of the bushel with tax if applicable and current strat, If you are a casher and you are in the cashing phase of the set playing with corruption upto a certain point has more benefit then using a turn to put bushels on market and thats if buying bushels will produce a lesser loss then the corruption if you are to sell them back on private at 35. I have had sets where I played upto 5.2b cash before the overall amoun of the corruption during those turns was more of a loss then buying bushels and using a turn to place on market instead of cashing.

I was starting to calculate some of this stuff out. I get how it works now. Thanks for the help.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 12th 2017, 10:21:33

yeppers, small countries need less money over 2b to reach neg income due corruption while some 200k acres casher would need gazillion bucks in hand to "achieve" same.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....