Verified:

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 19th 2017, 18:04:32

Really no point in waiting till later. Congrats Gerdler!!!!
Just shut up and have another beer

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 19th 2017, 18:49:43

Thx man. We still have to see what I can get. This round has been absurdly good to me. What is the NW record? :P

Marshal Game profile

Mar 19th 2017, 20:09:20

~55m nw

blid's best 3 are bit over 52m nw.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 19th 2017, 20:32:55

Yes, I saw that the average is just over 52 but I figured it might be one very high and two around 45-50.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 19th 2017, 20:52:10

lately there hasn't been over 50m finish (last was end of january and then few last year). prolly most of those 50m+ finishes belong to blid.

avg end nw for 1st is ~30m and drops quite a much if those 50m nws are ignored.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 19th 2017, 21:12:55

But many of them were on different rules or no bots right?

Marshal Game profile

Mar 19th 2017, 21:30:18

rules (most of those are adjustements like end of set attack limits and early set low attack gains) haven't changed that much past couple years (explore rates have stayed quite same), bots are newish thing but that hasn't amount of land much (100 sets ago amount of land looked quite same as now and there were bots).

EE Patron

Mar 19th 2017, 21:40:46

Unreal buddy! I can tell my grandchilren i was there when when someone broke $70M in express!

Marshal Game profile

Mar 19th 2017, 22:11:02

don't rush on it, some1 will break 100m nw on express someday.

EE Patron

Mar 19th 2017, 22:18:46

It would take some serious rule changes.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 19th 2017, 22:38:37

I don't know if anyone caught it yet but I kinda failed:

Always (#6) - 7th
http://www.earthempires.com/express/379/ranks

Numba (#2) -1st
http://www.earthempires.com/express/380/ranks

And now:
One (#1)

My plan was to win 3 sets and write "Always Numba One" with my country names. Also I wanted to have #1 each set so it was "Always #1", "Numba #1" and "One #1".

A guy actually commented ingame last reset and called me Mr Numba 2, suggesting that I do the number 2 on the rest of the game, but that was not my intention LOL.

Kingme Game profile

Mar 20th 2017, 0:12:11

Incredible finish.

I'm not sure if it's the recent tweaks, or just a fluke... but that was by the far the best set for techer I've seen in months.

C/I was absolutely crippled, i'm hopeful this was just a one time thing.

This is by no means taking away from what Gerdler did... even with a set like this I've only seen people hit 40 or maybe 50m... he absolutely crushed it.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 20th 2017, 0:44:16

The recent tweaks improved[Edit: maybe not improved, but made techer bots produce tech, unlike previous sets] the early game tech market but mid and late-game is still overbought by the aggregate of the AI, I think this fools a lot of players into thinking this is not a good reset for techer(they may also be fooled by forum posts saying so :) as when they are about to choose strategy they see the low tech prices and pick casher/farmer/indy.

It would be difficult to make a script change that works for all servers in this regard I think. Perhaps if the tech buying bots started reselling tech and also buying the cheapest tech with a portion of thier spare cash. I know only very basic programming and I have never worked with this kind of code (just structured text, matlab, r and VB.net) but if I get time to try and understand how to run the script and make modifications to it I would love to head over to the AI server and test a few things out to try and normalize it a bit. In the meantime I will just deal with it and try to thrive in the environment I am in.

Edited By: Gerdler on Mar 20th 2017, 0:47:32
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 20th 2017, 1:06:36

To clarify a bit: Before the techer bot change I used to find the techer bots and 50 jet PS them all reset because the code prevented them from teching enough turns to get income for military purchases. This is no longer possible, which is an improvement. Every bot now eventually gets military. The last ones usually get military on late thursday, and it is yet unclear to me if it is rainbow, farmer, casher or techer bots that take the longest nowadays.

My goal with suggesting that change had a bit to do with the market prices as well but my main reason was to make grabbing a bit more challenging(perhaps mostly for myself as I seem to have been one of the few who noticed/exploited this weakness).

To illustrate what the change has done:
http://www.earthempires.com/express/379/ranks
Look at the status of the lowest 3 bots(all techer bots), they have spent all their money on buildings and only managed to buy like 100k units in 1800 turns. They are not even fully built and they teched very few turns all reset.

After this the change was implemented:
http://www.earthempires.com/express/380/ranks
The lowest ranked techer bots are
Zona (#67)
Hordes out of Lurd (#62)

So they now have a stronger economy than the rainbow bots, because they tech more, and because they do, they get the resources to build their acres and to buy some military, which seems reasonable.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 20th 2017, 14:34:19

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
It would take some serious rule changes.

or netters figure new way to jump like fasc oiler drop land was figured.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 20th 2017, 16:12:34

It is not hard to figure out, the hard part is figuring out when it is worth it compared to another way to jump, and that requires foresight into the future of the market and insight into what other peoples plans are in cases where is not an obvious choice. Really long games it is obvious, so no need to put up any excel spreadsheets there, but for shorter games like tournament, express and even primary and team it is not so obvious I imagine.

The oil destock allows one to take all ones turns before jumping and therefore get more income, while sacrificing a few mil NW and a hundred mil dollars in the switch. The jump itself is either very efficient or very inefficient depending on the prices. If you buy food at $45 and oil at $260 you end up with ~$5m NW per $2b cash while if the prices are $36/$100 you get $8m per $2b which is pretty good. The strength however comes from using all your turns and decoupling yourself from the whims of the market.

For comparison:
Either way a max mil tech non-mbr non-theo gets like $7m /$2b and an non-mbr theo gets ~$8.5m with market commissions for dumped stock. A demo non-mbr gets around ~7.8m.
But you will start dumping stock early and lose a lot of production this way. Like I did this reset, I was making too much negative cash on the last 100 turns so I couldn't take them as my net income would have been non-positive.

Edited By: Gerdler on Mar 20th 2017, 16:14:50
See Original Post

vatzooland

Mar 23rd 2017, 9:36:03

bones - doing it here cause i want to.

Hammer Game profile

Mar 24th 2017, 15:24:44

Just saw the thread...congrats, Gerdler!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 24th 2017, 16:55:09

Tyvm! Do you play express too?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 30th 2017, 23:57:57

Congrats. Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see the scoreboard.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 31st 2017, 3:44:08

Thx a lot! The stars aligned for me that reset! You should join in the fun and express yourself! :)

It would be fun to compete with you.

Kingme Game profile

Mar 31st 2017, 13:44:56

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Thx a lot! The stars aligned for me that reset! You should join in the fun and express yourself! :)

It would be fun to compete with you.

It wouldn't be much of a competition.... We all know you cheated Gerdler!
#AlternativeFacts

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 1st 2017, 0:51:11

The last time I played was six years ago when I won 3/4 resets with an all-X, I think. Gave my countries silly names like "be nice to new players". I don't have the competitive drive anymore.