Verified:

clintonista Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 21:37:08

???

Kingme Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 21:41:42

Elliot is Elliot.

And he probably tells you not to hit LaF members because he's in LaF and doesn't want to see his friends come to harm?

sinistril Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 22:01:04

Does LaF have people on express policing for them?

PS, aside from the fact that alone would be dirty, that also brings about the question what ELSE are they doing for eachother if true, and I hope it's not true.

Edited By: sinistril on Nov 10th 2017, 22:06:29
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Kingme Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 22:16:19

I'm sure there are multiple clans that are represented in express.

Policing? No... that would be grounds for deletion. It's pretty obvious when countries are teaming up... ask Ratski.
I think you can put the tin foil hats away.

clintonista Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 22:23:05

I am not so sure.
Seven years ago, yes seven years ago, in what Warster calls, "the spirit of the rules scandal" which predated the hoLaEcaust LaF was known to track each others countries and in fact LaE's principal defense was always, "hey LaF does it too".

Any one who wants to can go look it up, yada yada yada.

Kingme Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 22:29:08

Wonderful. You just said that was 7 years ago...
Do you ever get tired of bringing up the same stuff from the past?

Like you said, if anyone cares they can look it up.

Elliot Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 22:31:00

Lol this hatred you have for LaF is quite comical, cut it out with the false propaganda to try to sway public opinion of us. Let's work with some facts here:

1. I messaged you wondering who you were. I did this for two reasons: you were grabbing fairly well to start, so I wanted to know if you would be potential competition down the road. But since you weren't in GDI, I primarily was sizing you up as a LG target once the DR wore off; I attempt to avoid hitting fellow clan mates in other servers.

2. Almost immediately afterwards you double tapped ebert. That clarified that you weren't a LaFfer, as ebes is pretty easy to find if you know what you're looking for. I never said you can't hit us, only that it wasn't very wise. Especially ebert, he won't hesitate at all to solo kill for multi grabs. The moment I saw he switched to tyranny I knew your ass was grass lol

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2017, 22:33:29

I am in LaF. I didn't play 7 years ago and could care less about what happened back then. I won't hit Kingme and several other player I know that aren't in LaF. it is friendship and respect not collusion.
Just shut up and have another beer

Marshal Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 22:34:02

well players who play in same alliance for example in laf can inform other members not to hit country #xx on express/primary and also ask allies that way.

not against written rules.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Kingme Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 22:36:41

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
I am in LaF. I didn't play 7 years ago and could care less about what happened back then. I won't hit Kingme and several other player I know that aren't in LaF. it is friendship and respect not collusion.

Agreed.

I would even add that I don't really hit human players in general, but definitely not any that have shown they have a good grasp of the game. Almost any hit can be retaliated on this server. It's simply not worth angering someone and making an enemy. Then again, I'm a netter... some of you like that sort of thing.

Zorp Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 23:16:47

I'm in Monsters, and I would always avoid hitting any of them if I knew their country. There are also those in Laf and others, who I'm friendly with, and I wouldn't hit them either. Besides these points, it would be stupid to hit most of these people anyway, as they're competent players who would definitely retal.

mrford Game profile

Nov 10th 2017, 23:38:46

Gregg doesn't know what it is like to have friends.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

sinistril Game profile

Nov 11th 2017, 0:09:38

Originally posted by Zorp:
I'm in Monsters, and I would always avoid hitting any of them if I knew their country. There are also those in Laf and others, who I'm friendly with, and I wouldn't hit them either. Besides these points, it would be stupid to hit most of these people anyway, as they're competent players who would definitely retal.

Would you threaten people that hit members of Monsters is the question. There is a clear distinction here.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

clintonista Game profile

Nov 11th 2017, 0:11:36

Originally posted by Marshal:
well players who play in same alliance for example in laf can inform other members not to hit country #xx on express/primary and also ask allies that way.

not against written rules.

Actually, this very point was debated so many years ago.
This is the crux of the matter, is it a solo server or not?

I say do not claim it is a solo server and do not claim to have won a solo server if there are players who deliberately do not hit you because you are their clan mate on a different server. I think any in-game mention of a clan name should result in an immediate one month suspension. I have reported this message and hope that it either brings action or at least a clarification from the mods. If the mods come on and say, "hey we condone, encourage, and congratulate the sharing of clan members' names to make sure you do not hit them", I will go along with that.

When you look at Warster's February 2013 post, team play of any kind is unacceptable. That statement will have to be deleted.
Warster made it very clear that the mere threat of a clan retaliation will result in an immediate deletion.
Does the mention of hey do not hit LaF qualify as that or is it subtle enough not to be a threat? I think it is not that subtle.

P.S. I have no feelings about LaF or NKC or 12v or any other possible clan on a server I do not play.

Edited By: clintonista on Nov 11th 2017, 0:23:11

Solids control HAN Game profile

Nov 11th 2017, 0:28:18

LOL Elliot, The moment I saw he switched to tyranny I knew your ass was grass lol ,...yeah I think we all saw it coming!

Zorp Game profile

Nov 11th 2017, 0:52:08

Yeah, I'd say if you threaten to harm a country over something they did to any other country, that's totally out of line. That said, there's a difference between telling a country that what they did was stupid and that they'll probably pay for it, and making a direct threat against them.

clintonista Game profile

Nov 11th 2017, 0:54:58

Originally posted by Solids control HAN:
LOL Elliot, The moment I saw he switched to tyranny I knew your ass was grass lol ,...yeah I think we all saw it coming!

I saw he switched to a T but decided he was more likely to kill the guy who hit him five times rather than the guy who hit him twice. So I did not change my strat.

So I was surprised when 22 got deleted and I was the next available target. So that was a surprise. Was I the reason he switched to T or was 22 the reason? I guess we will never know.

But the really big surprise the thing I could not have guessed is that Ebert is not competent to make a solo kill on Express!!! He keeps telling us how great he is but he can't make a solo kill? geez.

the Temple

Nov 11th 2017, 2:48:46

Even the most miniscule amount of walling and running turnsis enough to stop a solo kill.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 11th 2017, 3:50:18

Sinistril what the fluff is wrong with you these days? What are you smoking and why are you badmouthing laf in every post you make these days? You used to be cool, now you are just like the other Elders. You realize that you were in the LaF chat talking and making friends with the people who you keep calling cheaters and other things right now? You realize you joined the group who have said publically and privatly that their endgame is to run us of the server and that means its all you play for now. What did relax do to you to deserve that? Ashe? what did ignition do? what about tob? If you had some backbone you would be the same person now even though you joined Elders. Do you lack that?
You just implied that ashe, relax, darkprince and I are cheaters. Say you are sorry that it came out that way or all the respect we ever had for you is out of the window.

------

OnT:
Every other set I tell a LaFer or two which country I'm playing and every other set or two I get hit by a LaFer (usually the same 1 offender over and over lol) or another friend that is not from LaF, but most of the time LaFers are mainly playing to net and as such hitting the bots and actively avoiding hitting all good players that can obviously retal which usually includes all lafers.

I notice I get the same result no matter if I tell the lafers and Kingme which country is mine or not; no competent player will hit me unless for griefing, as they see very clearly that it's a bad idea.

Also Ebert never needed any help to defend himself, just pointing out it's a bad move to multi-tap him is not collusion or a threat.

sinistril Game profile

Nov 11th 2017, 4:12:32

I can't remember more than a couple of posts about LaF? Most of my posts on Alliance are for fun. I thought it was pretty obviously when I'm being facetious, which is 80% of my posts. I looked through my posts and found nothing in the first page about LaF at all. I did argue with Syko about religion but it had nothing to do with him being a LaF member; rather, about him being a zealot :P Hell, it was like last set or the set before I was on here praising a LaF member (Ebert) and even you for your great skills in netting.

This situation, though, seems sketch. Threatening a guy for hitting a LaF member on express would be really unfortunate. As I said in my first post, I hope it's not true or at least not what he meant. It undermines the express server, which has a lot of problems with people working together or multying lately (Ratski, Macdaddy, and a whole slew of others etc).

I don't apologise, I meant exactly what I said, but I think you took it the wrong way. I have absolutely no reason to believe the names you mentioned are cheaters, nor do I think you guys are. If you say LaF does not have people policing, or threatening to police, I'll take your word for it. This could very well be a Trumpian slip - a guy saying one thing and meaning something else. But try switching the name of LaF to another clan and you can see how unfortunate it sounds.

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 11th 2017, 7:53:21

Was most likely a warning like you will regret it he is from LaF and will own your ass all set etc etc.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

clintonista Game profile

Nov 11th 2017, 8:45:16

I have nothing but respect for beerdrinker, drk and marshall, and I think they would not cheat. But I think marshall at least has rationalized behavior he knows to be wrong by saying it is not against the written rules. Notice in his post he does not say there is nothing wrong with it only that it is not expressly forbidden in writing which by the way I think he is wrong but I get enough flack quoting seven year old posts so leave that alone. I think that loyalty to one's friends in another server blinds some to the purity of the server on Express. This is especially true for those who think that Express is just some test server or somehow inferior to FFA. If Express is just some minor league server who cares if I break the rules to help my major league friends. I can see how one could lose their morals to such a rationalization.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 11th 2017, 11:45:34

i'm not saying its not wrong if members of alliance x playing on express don't hit against eachothers (have agreed on mutual dnh if aren't allies) and get allies via alliance-site instead normal ways, just saying it isn't against written rules (spirit of rules most likely). if they do joint killruns/spyings/grabbings or countries c, t and j threaten country s who attacked against country z (c, t, and j are z's allies) with killing or share ops on boxcar/etc then they break written rules (proving that ops got shared on boxcar etc or via email/skype/etc isn't easy). its grey area if alliance players deal on alliance-site that they don't hit against eachothers on soloserver(s) and if they get caught then its upto mods to decide if they broke rules or not.

flashback tells me that i wrote nearly same thing originally or on some other debate about spirit of rules vs written rules (that subject surfaces up occasionally).

off-topic: years and years ago intra-tag farming (not against any written rule, spirit maybe) was frowned on alliance and alliances doing it were killed (unless it was rd doing it) and then it became easy way to get landfat in ee and then became landtrading pacts between alliances and now its botfarming.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 11th 2017, 14:24:26

Let me just make one thing clear Don Marshall(LaF) has nothing to do with this thread.

What Marshal (Evo) says might be grey but only if worded and meant literally. But if you think telling ppl your country number/name is wrong and let the consequences of that play itself out you cheat all the time(me too sometimes) and having a name such as "Death From Above", "BeE Po", "the temple", "Badonkadonks", etc is cheating.

Primary is also really weird in this sense, in that it is a solo server yet you have allies and you can even publically ask for ppl to send you alliances. Those posts are frequent and open on the primary board. Just like when clint tells who he is every other reset when he has made some retals or some stealing he is proud of. And ofc they say without actually spelling it out "hey this is me, don't hit me if you know whats best for you".

Marshal Game profile

Nov 11th 2017, 17:18:07

clint meant me not h4.

Zorp Game profile

Nov 12th 2017, 1:43:11

I think that's the longest post I've ever seen Marshal type up, and it was only because he mistakenly thought he was being talked about. lol

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 12th 2017, 9:27:54

I am in LaF and I hit LaF players in express, tourney and primary. Just ask the homies Gerdler and Relax ...

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 12th 2017, 9:54:37

and ashe... you hit ashe all the time too lol.

There is also DP, he has never hit me I think but he hit some other lafers. Also has been getting farmed two primary sets in a row, I think on purpose, to cost me turrets as I was his def ally.

clintonista Game profile

Nov 12th 2017, 20:30:36

Yes I meant Marshal not some guy named Marshall of whom I never heard. My fault and apologies to both.
As all know by now, whenever I make a mistake, I acknowledge it and assume responsibility for the error.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 12th 2017, 21:23:30

It's not really your mistake I needed to clarify but that Marshal in this thread is not speaking from or on the behalf of LaF in any manner.

Mashall is a great LaFer who is currently inactive.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 12th 2017, 21:33:53

Edited By: Gerdler on Nov 12th 2017, 21:36:19. Reason: If it is not worth saying twice its not worth saying at all.