Verified:

mdemon Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 16:46:05

Don't land grab me, I don't take being lg well. I retal just about every country that lg me, to send the message, don't lg a country that you recognize because he/she may have just missed playing his/her turns.

It is all about how you approach me too, you ask me nicely, and I will say sure, you can have another shot at me or more, but when you think you can enforce something, then that is a problem. With the exception of one time, which I had to hide from suiciders, I don't hide my country.

================ XXXXX ====================

Message from You Give Earth a Bad Name (#36) sent on 12/11/2011 14:34:51
Report this message
I have a 48 hour window which i find acceptable for a retal. You took 54 hours to hit me back, which I consider a lg Reply

Delete

herbs12 Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 17:05:06

I absolutely agree, I play with a 24/48 hr window also. The problem
Is I don't enforce it on others and won't because I like to net and not have a parking lot every game.

133tz Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 17:11:54

LOL 48 hour window. Grab me and I'll make you a parking lot. Simple =)
I am an EE noob.

tduong Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 17:22:28

lol 48 hour window in express only means your country sucks and you hope to catch up by then lmao
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

tduong Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 17:23:32

48 hours in express = ~2weeks in primary. imagine if you wait that long to retal in primary?

tduong Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 17:24:03

Originally posted by 133tz:
LOL 48 hour window. Grab me and I'll make you a parking lot. Simple =)

if you can somehow bypass gdi fool lol

mdemon Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 17:35:56

tduong, gdi is bypassed when a country enforces their 48 hour window policy. In other words, when they retal a retal =D

You Give Earth a Bad Name (#36) is a prime example of this.

Now with regards to comparing one server to another, is hard to do so in express because of the game dynamics being so different...

Not sure if you are aware that people in express can save your two weeks of turns in express. Meaning 360(360) turns. Also some strategies take longer to catch up then others.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 11th 2011, 17:35:59

I've always found the whole retal concept weird. Like if you get attacked, why is it a free pass to go all jets and hit back and the dude getting hit isn't supposed to do anything to such a goofy jetter?

That said, good luck if you ROR or choose to enforce a "retal policy," since everyone believes in the sanctity of retals so much, that'll probably end your set
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Pain Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 17:48:46

i still dont understand why people think if they grab someone not capable of a retal at that time that its not acceptable for them to pump jets and retal.
Your mother is a nice woman

blid

EE Patron

Dec 11th 2011, 18:03:26

You think a country with something like 9m jets 1m turrets hitting anyone and thinking they can get away with it makes sense? Of course you can retal if you turn your country upside down to do it, but just because you can doesn't mean you should, or that you should have a free pass to do something so reckless. A country like that is just begging for some ROR action, since they can easily be farmed, are the weaker of the two countries, and probably ended up taking more land than they lost.

I don't blame the retalers because that's apparently acceptable and the normal thing to do, and it even yields a lot of land (and it's especially easy in Express where you can go jetter so quickly). And I don't ROR these jetter types much myself because I know it means war and will slow me down, and I know the retaler doesn't think they did anything wrong so I feel bad trouncing them.

So I get along and don't try to enforce my own policy on other people, but that doesn't mean I don't find it weird.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 11th 2011, 18:08:56

Another thing to take into account on Express is the true strength of the retaler though. If he went jets and hit you, but also has about 360 turns in the bank or something, it means he actually is quite larger than he seems, might have a country as good or better than your own, and you probably made a mistake in hitting them.

mdemon Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 18:09:36

at the time of my first retal I had 4 or 5M jets with 1.8M turrets + weapons at 144%

I wouldn't call that all jetter. This morning I had 7M jets and 3M turrets, I placed them on the market to give someone that asked me nicely a chance to get his land back =D

so you don't need to go all jetter to make a retal =P

unless I have a different definition for all jetter =S

Rob Game profile

Dec 12th 2011, 3:53:07

That was my country mdemon.

I will accept retals, just as I do retal myself. However, you waiting till I got really fat (which was 54 hours after my initial lg) before you took your hit was just bullfluff. It wasn't like I had high defence and wasnt in the t10 all set. In fact I spent more time hovering in between rank 20-40. You could have easily took your retal earlier but instead retal everyone else that hit you after me before you took your hit towards the end.

mdemon Game profile

Dec 12th 2011, 4:04:22

oh crap, lol

if you had said it nicely, I would hadn't had retal and AB you =S I knew that whoever was playing that country was a good player because of the set up.

but why did you lg me? I don't ever lg countries that I know the owners, I guess ...

Rob Game profile

Dec 12th 2011, 4:06:00

And you issuing threats here on the forum just makes you look like a douche, just like your ingame message to me after taking your retal

I dont usually get aggravated and slam anyone on the forum, but you making threats and acting tough is annoying and empty, especially considering you got farmed by Crystal Meth Polar Bear

mdemon Game profile

Dec 12th 2011, 4:15:12

I did retal Crystal Meth Polar Bear, but felt bad afterwards, but he said it was an honest mistake and I took his word for it and I made it up to him.

Although I didn't retal There goes your pension (#42) who hit my country 6 times, but only as a gesture of good faith for the following set. It seemed that the lad didn't know how to play the game and since he had already been AB by The ghost of mdemoN (#40), I felt responsible for it.

The message I sent to you was the same as the other people I retal, something like "I always play with my country name, do not lg me if you don't want to be retal, I retal all the time"

nothing wrong with that, just so that those countries take into account that I am capable of making a retal.

Rob Game profile

Dec 12th 2011, 4:21:35

It was more along the lines of:

"remember the name, you lg me and you will get retal hard"

Anyway, im done with this.