Verified:

Solids control HAN Game profile

Nov 18th 2017, 12:35:40

lets say we get the PPB up around 2-300 eh, these big guys need oil to grab let make some money off it TOO!!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 18th 2017, 12:48:59

Rigs on a fascist outproduce farms with 210% agri tech already at $166 oil price at these food prices and you gotta remember that its a building that requires no tech purchases to function at that great productivity so in general it's useful for farmer/oilers to build rigs mostly at even lower oil prices.

Zorp Game profile

Nov 18th 2017, 14:04:44

Depends on food really, but a fully teched fascist produces ~14 bushels per acre, and 3 barrels per acre. So if the oil price is more than 5 times the price of bushels, it's still better to be producing oil.

clintonista Game profile

Nov 18th 2017, 14:47:47

Solids,
There is a reason oilers never prosper.

Check all the past express results, oilers never prosper.

"But Gerdler says, rigs are very productive."
Learn your lesson and do not take advice from a techer who craves cheap oil and is willing to delude new players into trying it, over and over hoping each time that this next set will be the leap home.

It never is, never.

I can not be more specific on why they are not prospering this set because it is illegal to post spy results on a forum and I never cheat. However, I can recommend that you spend a couple of turns spying and you will say, "duh no wonder prices are so cheap." The only way I have been able to jack the oil prices and I have done it twice is to AB the other three or four oil producers and then make your big profit on Saturday. Great strat. Great until Sunday when the missiles and guerillas start arriving with regularity.

Forget oil.

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 18th 2017, 14:57:11

With tax oil on public oil if you place too high people will get auto buy from private if they have decent mil tech
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Nov 18th 2017, 16:59:43

I know but I think if there was a reserch for oil productivity it could be done! The only real trick is building MB and buy mil tec and when u sell oil on priv mar the payout for oil goes up 2$ bbl/every 10k research pts! Im working on a new strat, maybe it will work might not. exp is so short u can trans and make it work!

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2017, 17:08:22

Originally posted by Solids control HAN:
I know but I think if there was a reserch for oil productivity it could be done! The only real trick is building MB and buy mil tec and when u sell oil on priv mar the payout for oil goes up 2$ bbl/every 10k research pts! Im working on a new strat, maybe it will work might not. exp is so short u can trans and make it work!

Building MB won't help increase private sell price. It will reduce it.
Just shut up and have another beer

Nov 18th 2017, 17:13:06

how come I started at being able to sell oil at 60 bbl now im up 70 bbl on priv?

Nov 18th 2017, 17:15:35

Spies $163
Troops $43
Jets $56
Turrets $61
Tanks $170
Food $32
Oil $70

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2017, 17:16:09

how come I started at being able to sell oil at 60 bbl now im up 70 bbl on priv?

The mil tech only is helping. Try building more mbs and see what it does. Mbs reduce buy price and sell price.

Nov 18th 2017, 17:20:24

would I be better off using the MB land for RL and just research my mil?

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2017, 17:25:27

I would say better off as rigs to be honest. Just buy the mil tech. But still better to sell on public.

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2017, 17:30:18

Oiler is tough on express but i do wish you luck with it. It would be nice if it was more of a competitive strat.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 18th 2017, 17:31:05

I'm hardly even playing my express country this set, been busy during the week and overflowed before I took a turn.

But its just plain math, its very easy to figure out the breakeven price ratio for food:oil and weather building farms or rigs is most profitable at any given time. The demand on express is usually the limiting factor for farmer/oilers since the market is very limited.
I have not played a techer in express for like 3 sets. Clint has to think that I can only play techer or his world collapses. Luckily I have won express with farmer and indy too and when I won with indy I was selling turrets and jets at 80 several times.

Also a techer will not be the one who profits most from low oil prices, it will be the late-grabbing farmers and indies who didn't build rigs.

clintonista Game profile

Nov 18th 2017, 18:44:35

wow 3 whole sets??? wow

I guess you must be some kind of versatile player, so why the whining?
why the whine?

whine not

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 18th 2017, 18:46:59

Originally posted by clintonista:
wow 3 whole sets??? wow

I guess you must be some kind of versatile player, so why the whining?
why the whine?

whine not

Pretty sure he could win as a Tyr casher doing all explore

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Nov 18th 2017, 23:10:17

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
Oiler is tough on express but i do wish you luck with it. It would be nice if it was more of a competitive strat.

could be with a simple oil research option, that be cool eh?

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 19th 2017, 2:26:13

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:

could be with a simple oil research option, that be cool eh?

Fasc already gets boost to oil that's your tech learn to read the market and decide to build either farms or rigs, that be cool eh?

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Nov 20th 2017, 21:37:46

thanks for being so helpful fluff, I play for fun and don't devote my whole life to the game! I don't have 10-12 even 14 hrs to be on all the time I just learn as I go

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 21st 2017, 23:21:12

http://www.eestats.com > express > market

select time frame and look at demand and price then decide to build farms or rigs pretty simple only take an extra 10 seconds to figure out.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

sinistril Game profile

Nov 22nd 2017, 1:23:04

You know how many women he can bang in 10 seconds?
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

vatzooland

Nov 22nd 2017, 1:44:19

Ill post oil at 55 a barrell this set