Jan 18th 2017, 3:04:19

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
Control the money, control morons.

Fixed

sinistril Game profile

Jan 18th 2017, 3:44:18

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
Originally posted by smegma:
I agree in dealing with slavery it was reasonably accurate. I just don't think that they did justice to the political structure of that period of Roman history.

It was not all it was cracked up to be not just for the enemies of Rome or even its allies. The people were not that great off as well. Only the 1%-ers lived the life that they loved to display in that show.

And we are getting to see it again in real time right now.
You're right, every country in all human existence have always had it's privelaged in the 1%. It appears that this is the way it will always be. Why should one man or woman have billions of dollars when people are dying of starvation, thirst and are just suffering? There is more than enough to go around, but many people are hoarding it and that is the cost of greed. Control the money, control other people.

Meh. The sharing is caring argument is flawed, though. People are not dying of starvation because others have billions of dollars worth of a fiat currency that isn't actually backed by anything substantial. I mean, you can throw all the money you want at a problem and it won't be solved. The reason a lot of dictators are still around is because they are propped up by yuppy liberals that see pictures of starving children and want their government to help. Often times in democracies, politicians, who are trying to buy votes, throw money at dictators to "feed the starving". That money is then used to pay off generals and keep the dictator in power when if those democracies would have just minded their own damn business the generals would not be paid and the dictator would be overthrown. Eventually, those countries would have to become more productive to pay off generals, so they'd be forced to provide food and freedom for their people.

As far as starvation in western nations, usually there are other problems besides money involved. ie. mental illnesses, drugs, bad family structure, etc. Considering the USA and other western countries are the fattest countries on the planet, it doesn't make sense that people are starving cause billionaires. 1/4 homeless people have mental illnesses, over 1/2 abuse drugs or alcohol, and some are runaways from terrible families that would only be more terrible if there was an even bigger welfare state.

And I mean, suffering is going to happen no matter what. Taking money away from billionaires is not going to help with suffering. Communist nations, for example, are notorious for having more suffering than any other kind of ideology in history.

"Life is suffering - that's why we have weed." - Gandhi

If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

m0bzta Game profile

Jan 18th 2017, 5:52:56

this has been taken care of and thanks CC for working things out :)
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2017, 7:17:45

I think wealth redistribution is a fail overall. We've rried it for generations now. Things have only gotten worse.

We need to find a way to lift all the boats.

m0bzta Game profile

Jan 18th 2017, 8:43:12

close this and the other one please mods
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�