Verified:

Sherita Game profile

Jul 17th 2017, 1:47:43

hmmm 5 of FFA's finest netters VRS 5 1a's finest netters. Id like to see that! =D

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 17th 2017, 8:39:12

I started playing with no plan and I have been playing like a fluff plus I lost like 1-2k turns to overflow beacuse it's too much for me to play 16 countries some weeks. I have gone with the trends and switched based on feeling and I made/participated in some kills too just to get rid of my turns when I didn't feel like playing them.

I think everyone here plays like a fluff, such as I have, because the toll of running 16 countries and actually thinking about running them all effectively is too much.

If I were to do 16 proper cash starts I would die IRL, no joke.

I believe the FFA server is mostly about endurance. If by some miracle you manage to find time and motivation to not overflow and to grab with all your countries, you get top 3 or probably 1st in a normal reset. I would possibly be able to win this set and my gameplay has been a poor joke, but that is if I make sure that i don't overflow and I keep selling and resetting orders like a proper player would. But who am I kidding, I'm overflowing right now and not in the mood to do something about it, I keep buying overpriced tech because Im too lazy to set orders and I keep grabbing every bot like 6-7 times because I'm too lazy to type in a new number.

UncleFiat Game profile

Jul 17th 2017, 8:46:32

While opinions are important, the above are yours.

Some prefer to play alliance and some prefer FFA, but some manage to play both.

How you play your countries also sets how they rank and finish.

Some play strats that require less logins.

Finding a balance is something you have to do or ask another member in your tag.

SwedishViper Game profile

Jul 17th 2017, 9:14:14

Originally posted by Sherita:
hmmm 5 of FFA's finest netters VRS 5 1a's finest netters. Id like to see that! =D

Should require minimal effort to win that challenge. Just prep to war instead of netting, then FS them :)
----------------------------------------------------
OVERLORD 4 Life

Ivan Game profile

Jul 17th 2017, 9:18:38

im just another swede, difference is that ive been playing alliance for 18 years and FFA for like 2 sets

sinistril Game profile

Jul 17th 2017, 9:19:15

Well.. I wouldn't judge this as a normal set as a lot of good/great netters in IMP and CC were not able to do much. You have to also remember, some people don't go for top 1-3, they go for a good average networth, which can be harder than boosting one country to the top 3. And yeah, playing 16 countries may make some more lazy than playing 1, which goes to what I said about making it more complicated because you have to become more efficient as Fiat said.

Hopefully CC is serious about wanting to fix burnt bridges and next reset is a good netting set for everyone.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

UncleFiat Game profile

Jul 17th 2017, 9:46:47

Originally posted by Ivan:
im just another swede, difference is that ive been playing alliance for 18 years and FFA for like 2 sets

And like you, some of us have been playing FFA for that long and prefer it.

I have also played alliance and for various reasons, didn't enjoy it like I do here.

To each his own.

maxnoxious214 Game profile

Jul 17th 2017, 14:07:54

Originally posted by sinistril:
Well.. I wouldn't judge this as a normal set as a lot of good/great netters in IMP and CC were not able to do much. You have to also remember, some people don't go for top 1-3, they go for a good average networth, which can be harder than boosting one country to the top 3. And yeah, playing 16 countries may make some more lazy than playing 1, which goes to what I said about making it more complicated because you have to become more efficient as Fiat said.

Hopefully CC is serious about wanting to fix burnt bridges and next reset is a good netting set for everyone.

i guess i need to try to do 16 countries in averages networth than aiming for top 1-3 next set i challenge you to aim in top 1-3 with one country without support of other player just your 16 country then tell me if its easy task to do waste of time on market transferring on some stock lot of block.

now all my support country have 400m-1b bushel still have 18days probably could generate per country 72m to 120m per day and one could pump 100k tech per turn so i my calculation each of my support could have 1.5g bushel sale in 35 each in private market assuming have 60g money i could have 300m networth each is a good averages per country i guess

Edited By: maxnoxious214 on Jul 17th 2017, 14:21:24

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 17th 2017, 19:28:43

Originally posted by maxnoxious214:

i guess i need to try to do 16 countries in averages networth than aiming for top 1-3 next set i challenge you to aim in top 1-3 with one country without support of other player just your 16 country then tell me if its easy task to do waste of time on market transferring on some stock lot of block.

now all my support country have 400m-1b bushel still have 18days probably could generate per country 72m to 120m per day and one could pump 100k tech per turn so i my calculation each of my support could have 1.5g bushel sale in 35 each in private market assuming have 60g money i could have 300m networth each is a good averages per country i guess

Not sure what you are saying here. Are you saying that you are aiming to finish this set placing 1, 2 and 3? Or are you saying that you're aiming to finish either 1, 2 or 3?
Originally posted by The_Hawk:
You win this round. I concede.

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 17th 2017, 19:38:01

FYI - for me it IS A LOT easier to build 1 country than it is to have 16 high-end avg finishes, there is more skill involved when building 16 countries than just the one. Takes less time.

Just to be clear if you are aiming to finish 1, 2 and 3, with just your 16 countries, that would impressive. ;)

Edited By: raz on Jul 17th 2017, 19:46:36
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 17th 2017, 23:37:38

Raz I don't see how it is any difference whatsoever. If you wanna get 1 huge country you still have to play your others well and grab well which takes time. And since presumably others are going for the same you will still have similar competition. Basically it is neither harder nor easier.

Grabbing is far far better in FFA than on alliance so if you run a string of one you should always be able to beat the best alliance finish ever my miles. running 16 countries like that enables you to FA one to 1st or get a great average, I honestly don't see why there should be any difference in the level of skill required.

Jul 18th 2017, 0:21:30

im saying one country could be on the list of top 1-3 only boosting one country :)

sinistril Game profile

Jul 18th 2017, 0:34:36

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Raz I don't see how it is any difference whatsoever. If you wanna get 1 huge country you still have to play your others well and grab well which takes time. And since presumably others are going for the same you will still have similar competition. Basically it is neither harder nor easier.

Grabbing is far far better in FFA than on alliance so if you run a string of one you should always be able to beat the best alliance finish ever my miles. running 16 countries like that enables you to FA one to 1st or get a great average, I honestly don't see why there should be any difference in the level of skill required.

I don't disagree with any of this.. I think it's nearly identical in skill, but there are minor differences like running 16 countries efficiently so it doesn't seem like a huge time burden and being able to control the markets. In FFA, you can, at the right time, monopolise or (if working with clan) oligopolise the markets and picking the right time to get max rewards can be tricky. That is to say, you get to be a bit more hands on then in alliance where you are in perfect competition and are really a slave to what the buyers want. In that sense, it's a little more complicated (or you could say it is more complicated the other way but we'd have to agree to disagree).

I honestly think the best netters on alliance and ffa are probably equally skilled at their niches, same with as people on express, team, primary, and so on are skilled at theirs. They're all pretty comparable as the rules and variables involved are not hugely different, my post on the previous page was meant to convey that there is a bit more of a learning curve going to ffa than vice-versa, not that either netters are any better than each other, and that's only based on my experience playing both.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 18th 2017, 1:36:14

Originally posted by Gerdler:

It's not the same and it's not even close and I learned this a few sets ago when i first came back and went for avg. If you think its the same I challenge you to do it and prove me wrong. In theory sure, but try and destock 16 countries, I personally crashed both bushels and oil when i tried to destock. It's both complicated and a pain in the ass, I managed short of $500m (125k-135k acres avg each country) avg i think and I thought I was going to do much better. SV managed $800m as a comparable I think.

The following set I was again going for avg until LOC declared war. After CC took out LOC i had 12 countries left, grabbed to 50k acres each, boosted one country to $4.7b.

Last set we warred LOC again, and when that war was done I again grabbed to 50k acres boosted 1 country and finished #1. Both sets I boosted one country I spent very little time, and actually enjoyed playing.

Playing for avg is tedious, time consuming and takes precision since (depending on your acreage) you rely on the market. With the stockpiles you accumulate during a full netting set you can easily manipulate the market for you own benefit when you don't need to destock 16 netting countries.

EDIT: This is my experience and my own opinion.

Edited By: raz on Jul 18th 2017, 1:43:05
See Original Post

Newworld Game profile

Jul 18th 2017, 20:03:08

Well.. I wouldn't judge this as a normal set as a lot of good/great netters in IMP and CC were not able to do much.

Lulz
pew pew pew

The_Hawk

Jul 19th 2017, 0:00:44

Originally posted by Newworld:
Well.. I wouldn't judge this as a normal set as a lot of good/great netters in IMP and CC were not able to do much.

Lulz

Don't see how this is lulz but ok.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

mrford Game profile

Jul 19th 2017, 2:33:23

Both average and feeder have their challenges. It is ignorant to assume otherwise.

Market transfers alone for a feeder take tact and skill.

Edited By: mrford on Jul 19th 2017, 2:37:44
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2017, 3:19:38

Originally posted by mrford:
Both average and feeder have their challenges. It is ignorant to assume otherwise.

Market transfers alone for a feeder take tact and skill.

Please explain to me the difficulties of market transfers? I do it all the time.

mrford Game profile

Jul 19th 2017, 3:47:42

Avoiding blockers? Planning your transfers? Setting fake orders and blocks? Strategy is involved.

Maybe now that the game is dead it isn't as hard. But the difficulty was real when I netted here.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Jul 19th 2017, 8:26:28

I remember one guy that threatend to kill countries if they didnt remove their Market blocks, funny times ;)
OVERLORD 4 Life

Jul 19th 2017, 12:31:54

Originally posted by SwedishViper:
I remember one guy that threatend to kill countries if they didnt remove their Market blocks, funny times ;)

same here :)

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 19th 2017, 15:18:38

There was more than one of those guys 😋
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2017, 15:45:38

Avoiding blockers? Planning your transfers? Setting fake orders and blocks? Strategy is involved.

Maybe now that the game is dead it isn't as hard. But the difficulty was real when I netted here.

Of course there is strategy involved, just not difficult and that's my point. I would transfer into 1 and even 2 countries and finish top 10 with them and that's without self-farming or land trading. I would put up blocks and steal transfers, Donny would yell at Crip I would be threatened to resell or die when in a solo tag etc....etc....etc.

My point is simple, I never said it was easy, just that it isn't too difficult to boost 1 country. Playing for average is much harder, takes more time and a lot more strategy is involved. I've done both and I prefer to boost one country because of how much easier it is to play. That's my opinion and I can base my opinion around the FACT I have done both, before and after bots.

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2017, 16:33:27

For the record I by NO means wish to diminish anyone's efforts when it comes to netting, (even though it sounds like that lol) do what you want that's what I do, and that's why is called an opinion. I consider what Max is currently doing with land trading a difficult strategy as well. What llaar and Troy would do on a regular basis, seems to be time consuming and something that needs to be planned accordingly. Ever since the bots were introduced you don't see this strat all that often (I could be wrong).

I am very interested to see how Max finishes.

mrford Game profile

Jul 19th 2017, 16:48:58

I generally self land traded and there is strat involved because of country:country DR. You need to plan a round robin system.

You also need to protect your fat feeders without having so much defense your main can't grab 20 times a day.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2017, 16:57:01

I generally self land traded and there is strat involved because of country:country DR. You need to plan a round robin system.

You also need to protect your fat feeders without having so much defense your main can't grab 20 times a day.

I agree 100%

I can't comment on this strat as I never done it, but seeing some of the levels other players have been able to reach I would guess it is quite complicated.

Jul 19th 2017, 17:26:45

Its not very difficult, but you have to keep a record (e.g. notepad) on the strikes you do between each country, so one country do not hit the other more than 3-4 times.

for example country 1-4:
Day 1
1 and 4 exchange hits until they hit eachother 4 times while 2 and 3 do the same
Day2
1 and 3 exchange hits, while 2 and 4 do the same
Day 3
1 and 2 exchange hits, while 3 and 4 do the same

Then you do the same with the other 12 (during the same time period) so Day 4 you can continue with 1 and 5 hit eachother and so on.
OVERLORD 4 Life

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2017, 17:53:41

I don't remember you land trading, have you done it?

Jul 19th 2017, 18:23:42

Before the was bots were available most of us did it (in ESD). When I got back to Earth after a few years we had the rule to not do it, which we kept for a year or so until we saw how everyone else benefited from doing it.

Edited By: SwedishViper on Jul 19th 2017, 18:26:52
OVERLORD 4 Life

Jul 20th 2017, 0:36:52

Originally posted by raz:
For the record I by NO means wish to diminish anyone's efforts when it comes to netting, (even though it sounds like that lol) do what you want that's what I do, and that's why is called an opinion. I consider what Max is currently doing with land trading a difficult strategy as well. What llaar and Troy would do on a regular basis, seems to be time consuming and something that needs to be planned accordingly. Ever since the bots were introduced you don't see this strat all that often (I could be wrong).

I am very interested to see how Max finishes.

im not to focus on the game just land grabbing only and ffa only no transaction on market since im so busy in office work but i could say i could be on the list of top 10 3b ig what im aiming :) at the end i could have 1.5g oil then 6g bushel i guess ..