Verified:

malykii Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 3:32:00

i am sure that i am not alone on this, but THANK YOU! that is such a useful tab to have added into this server.

+36 for the mods
fear the turtles.

Desperado Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 3:40:24

if only it was worth having

like i told slag

jets, chems, nukes, and cruises are more important than how many times i've been hit in one country in the reset

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Havoc Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 3:48:59

Ooh I like it too. But yeah it'd be nice if it had your missile counts in their too.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 12th 2010, 3:49:25

<Slagpit> so make a topic about it and decide as a community what is most important
<Slagpit> it's the first iteration

Your words would mean a lot more if you were willing to spend even the slightest amount of effort towards your cause, Desperado. It's a free game. The admins don't get paid to work on it. I don't get why you'd complain but do nothing to fix your problem. Is your sense of entitlement that strong?

Havoc Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 3:52:25

maybe a SPAL calc too?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Desperado Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 3:58:36

first of all slag I didn't complain.

second of all slag do you see how this is in a topic, about the war tab? So thus.. mentioning what I offered to you about it is appropriate?

I know you don't get paid, but just because it says administrator in that nifty lil description below your name doesn't mean you have the right to think that because something is mentioned its automatically complaining about fluff.

pants antler

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 3:59:21

spal, military break down, missles, attacks/defends

and at the bottom - totals for your 16, that'd be cool in eco aswell.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 12th 2010, 4:20:45

Of course you were complaining. I straight up told you what you needed to do to effect change. Barking in irc and on the forums and offering expletives isn't going to get you what you want. It's just going to annoy me and make me want to work on it less.

Desperado Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 4:25:16

*Yawn* I guess I am supposed to apologize to slag for hurting his pride earlier in the channel for what I said, even though it took him 20 minutes to finish idling before doing the banning

whatever... nothing new with nazi mods... and even though I'm probably supposed to apologize, I won't... again nothing new.

pants antler

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 12th 2010, 4:26:46

mmmm telling admins off is generally a good way to get yourself tossed...

I was in the chan as well, there was certainly no need for that kind of comment.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 4:29:04

but freedom of speech is just that, and taking something that wasnt serious and turning it into something that is.... is foolish.

Edited By: Crippler ICD on Jul 12th 2010, 4:33:14
See Original Post
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 12th 2010, 4:29:11

There are no current bans in #earthempires. You can rejoin the channel if you wish. You are also still able to post on the forums.

I wouldn't come into your home and say "fluff you". I expect the same courtesy from you. If you don't like that, stay out.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 12th 2010, 4:34:02

I idle in that channel with highlights set to help out people and to answer questions. If someone sets off my highlights for such a disrespectful reason as that, they're going to find themselves banned for a few minutes. I don't think that he needs you as an advocate.

The bottom line is that no one is banned on irc or on the forums. So if you really think this place is so bad, fine, but you'll receive quite a shock upon participating in other communities.

Edit: apparently I responded to two posts that someone wanted to be deleted.

Desperado Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 4:45:52

oh, i know i'm not banned. I'm not rejoining cause i'm going to bed, plus we'd only wind up going at it more and theres no point in it. Also, if you came into my home and told me fluff you, I wouldn't wait 20 minutes to do something about it.

Now, that being said..

"Your words would mean a lot more if you were willing to spend even the slightest amount of effort towards your cause, Desperado."

What would you like slag? You want me to make a template for you that fits the page space and then you can fit the code in? Maybe asking something like that might get a better response from me than calling me a complainer when all I did was put my suggestion that i put in the channel, in the thread reffering to the very thing I mentioned in channel.
the tab is a good addition, but would be better if it had all the appropriate elements of war, ie military. Attacks and defends in the last 24 hours and the whole set I think personally has very little use, when you can log into your clan site and see those, or go to essite and look there.

With that, night mods

pants antler

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 12th 2010, 4:53:54

ok

de1i Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 5:06:04

Slagpit, how dare you make someone wait 20 minutes for a response to their telling you to fluff off. You should be staring at IRC 24/7 in case such a situation arises.

PS - fluff off Desperado, you better not make me wait for a response because there is no rational reason why you shouldn't immediately respond.

Edited By: de1i on Jul 12th 2010, 5:08:33
See Original Post

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 12th 2010, 6:58:26

24 hour attack and defends are useful i believe

lets you know which countries are being attacked, would be best to have some form of recent attacks showing attacks since you last checked

anyway the best thing about the new page is the turn count, not sure if the (?) for stored turns is a bug or deliberate though

one of my other favourite things about that page is the country names arnt displayed so my wwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwww one doesnt mess everything up

Ivan Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 8:13:12

meh SPAL is crap, tbh they should just get rid of SPAL if they didnt when they remade the game

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 8:20:16

I would really like to be able to see saved turns as well, not just question marks :-P

Would like to see Jets (and why not just put tanks at that point).

thats prob it
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 8:20:41

oh, and thanks for adding it! even without changes it is useful!
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

SanP Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 9:07:01

The war tab is awesome!

My comments on it:
1. Land is not necessary, I can already see it in the main tab.
2. Rather see my amount of available jets so I can find my big jetters quicker.
3. Spies suck it would be better if you remove them from the game, we don't need a tab for that :P
4. Maybe even make a tab for tanks. I personally would not miss it if it was not there but I can imagine some people would find it useful.

The rest is just perfect!

azmodii Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 12:01:45

I agree, the war tab is usefull.
Oil would be usefull as well, along with jets. Sortable columns would be super, but no pressure :D

- EoEA ~ End Of Earth Alliance -

"I will slaughter them like a wolf among lambs! The rivers will run red with the blood of my enemies, the skies will rain fire! And when the land parts beneath them... I shall be the in emptiness waiting!"

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 12th 2010, 12:39:53

would be nice to have diff shown on various parts of the tabs compared to last login

so a green +500m if you sold stuff
and a red -2k land if you got grabbed

and so on

snawdog Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 16:56:13

Sweet! Thanks yall...
[edit]
and it would be nice to have the missle count..

Edited By: snawdog on Jul 12th 2010, 17:18:54
See Original Post
ICQ 364553524
msn

Twain Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 17:10:11

Let me second what everyone else has said that this is a great tab.

Missiles would be the thing I'd like to see added. Sometimes I know I have a few chems in one of my countries, and being able to just check the tab instead of go through each country would be awesome.

Also, azmodii: Oil is available under the economic tab, so it actually is possible to see that without logging into each country

kemo Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 17:11:45

can i get a tab tellin me wheres waldo?
all praised to ra

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 18:07:01

Originally posted by Crippler ICD:
but freedom of speech is just that, and taking something that wasnt serious and turning it into something that is.... is foolish.

The nice thing about freedom of speech, is everyone else has freedom to ignore it.

I agree, a missile count would be very nice.

Thanks!

Desperado Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 20:22:35

must be why people ignore de1i now3

pants antler