Verified:

Mars UP Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 2:37:17

Have no idea who America fought to gain their independence. Some popular answers incl. France, Russia, Japan, and Mexico.

Wow that's all kind of stupid.

mrford Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 2:40:17

I'm in the other 57%
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Mars UP Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 2:43:38

And the other 11% said they love beer.

Havoc Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 3:43:16

I LOVE BEER
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Mars UP Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 3:44:34

Who doesn't! Except maybe the French...they love wine.

Mad Morticia Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 3:58:48

I love wine too. You omitted one, Mars. BTW, this question was asked on Independence Day so a reporter decided to ask people in various parts of the South who we won our independence from.

Some also said China. LOL

Mars UP Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 4:05:35

I think that only 7% of Southerners could name the first four presidents in order, is also all kinds of sad.

What are teaching those people in school!

Edited By: Mars UP on Jul 8th 2010, 19:15:33. Reason: I'm a Southerner
See Original Post

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 4:22:30

I'd rather know how to fix a flat tire than be able to name the presidents in order...I know which ones kids in the south can do, and yankee kids can't. :-P

Pain Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 4:50:06

it think we fought canada right?

and LOL at the thought of france "fighting" anything. unless by fighting you mean waiving a white flag.

us yankee kids can work on cars just fine. i promise.
Your mother is a nice woman

mrford Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 8:03:05

Doubtful

I did my first headgasket at age 8
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 8th 2010, 12:56:09

without France the American revolution would have failed or at least dragged on for much longer than it did.

SO THERE:P

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

snawdog Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 18:40:59

Your numbers can't be right,with yours and fordys, it only comes up to 93%...so thar!
ICQ 364553524
msn

Detmer Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 18:46:47

Originally posted by NOW3P:
I'd rather know how to fix a flat tire than be able to name the presidents in order...I know which ones kids in the south can do, and yankee kids can't. :-P

It seems you're from the south so that probably explains why you didn't understand the statistic, but according to Mars' statistic 93% of southerns COULD name the first four presidents in order.

Jelly

Jul 8th 2010, 19:01:10

Actually, my conclusion is that the Southerners can't count either.

Mars UP Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 19:17:38

Originally posted by snawdog:
Your numbers can't be right,with yours and fordys, it only comes up to 93%...so thar!

Actually, that's 89% that's where the 11% like beer came from so thar!

Detmer it's supposed to be 7% could name the presidents in order so I miss-wrote.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 19:37:13

Originally posted by Mars UP:

Actually, that's 89% that's where the 11% like beer came from so thar!

Detmer it's supposed to be 7% could name the presidents in order so I miss-wrote.

I figured as much, but that doesn't change the interpretation issue exhibited.

Mars UP Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 19:45:35

That's why I changed it when I realized it.

snawdog Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 21:18:08

er...mebbe i shudda put 1 ov them thar tung in yer cheak thangs wif that writin..
ICQ 364553524
msn

mrford Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 21:38:35

I'm a southerner

my language skills arnt all that great, but I'm a engineer and a history buff, I can also tear down and rebuild any car, and sweet tea is life

south will rise again!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Jul 8th 2010, 23:16:54

the south shall rise again. and i will leave ontario when it does. lee was the greatest battle field general in american history (and he helped stop that terrorist brown). The good ol' Virginia boy decided to stand up for states rights.

you filthy northeners stoled them. stoled them and burned their cities.

Mad Morticia Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 1:45:28

Robert E. Lee truly was a great general. It has always bothered me that the victors took away his home and lands and turned it into Arlington National Cemetery. True the cemetery is moving and beautiful but still don't like the idea that they turned this find old American's home into a mass of graves.

Now Grant wasn't bad, especially when he happened to have a few bottles nearby. :) But Lincoln did have some rotten ones in there before he found Ulysses.

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 1:46:54

With the power of bojangles and sweet tea, the south can't be stopped!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Forgotten1

Jul 9th 2010, 1:55:15

Should be happening soon..
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Dragonlance Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 4:24:19

at least france lost a war against vastly superior opposition.

Unlike say....

Vietnam

hoop Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 5:23:09

I suppose Kentucky is the south. I'm rather proud I can't work on a car. Not that I would be against learning but meh why not pay someone else to do it? I couldn't recall madison as the 4th president and to be honest I'm not overly upset over that one. Now had I not know the first 3 maybe I would have been. I'll add in that our 5th president I couldn't even tell you anything about him and I took a few history classes over the years. That said there's a reason the south is....well the south.

braden Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 10:22:25

i never knew they did that morticia, that arlington was his old property. I don't dislike that, not at all. I think that is amazing, and now want to visit even more than i did before. I love American history.

Angel1 Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 13:48:39

Arlington was property descending from Lee's wife, who descended from Martha Washington and her first husband Daniel Parke Custis.
-Angel1

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 14:13:06

Originally posted by hoop:
I suppose Kentucky is the south. I'm rather proud I can't work on a car. Not that I would be against learning but meh why not pay someone else to do it? I couldn't recall madison as the 4th president and to be honest I'm not overly upset over that one. Now had I not know the first 3 maybe I would have been. I'll add in that our 5th president I couldn't even tell you anything about him and I took a few history classes over the years. That said there's a reason the south is....well the south.

why would you NOT want to work on a car? A case of beer and a engine rebuild is one of lifes simple pleasures. I'm not a mechanic by trade, but I must of built atleast 5 engines from scratch, not to mention the countles random repairs

racing a car that you know YOU built, or even starting a car that you know didn't start before you worked on it, well there is great satisfaction in that
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mazooka Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 14:23:28

Originally posted by Forgotten:
Should be happening soon..

yep, i just got the text.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 9th 2010, 17:08:17

i couldn't name the first 4 presidents or first 4 prime ministers in order =/ 'course we don't harp on about our prime ministers quite the way americans go on a bout presidents....
Finally did the signature thing.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 9th 2010, 18:40:03

no france just lost against algeria :P

And we hate all our prime ministers for one reason or another.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 19:26:21

Have no idea who America fought to gain their independence. Some popular answers incl. France, Russia, Japan, and Mexico.

who cares? they also don't understand taxation without representation. otherwise they wouldn't excise tax the 25% of Americans that smoke to fund the unions. nor place sales tax on items bought within their jurisdiction because they can't guarantee that the person buying it is a citizen that is represented there.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 19:45:12

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:

who cares? they also don't understand taxation without representation. otherwise they wouldn't excise tax the 25% of Americans that smoke to fund the unions. nor place sales tax on items bought within their jurisdiction because they can't guarantee that the person buying it is a citizen that is represented there.

That is a silly argument regarding local sales tax - when you go somewhere you agree to follow their laws.

Jul 9th 2010, 19:53:11

no, i don't. it's enforced upon me. it's not by my agreement. anymore than me having to pay additional sales tax because i bought the items in question outside of neighborhood.

i don't agree to that dang crap, i just have to do it. it's kinda like clicking a Microsoft EULA that's written 1/2 in Spanish. just have to click yes to use the product even if i'm not capable of understanding 1/2 of the agreement.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 20:01:23

no, i don't. it's enforced upon me. it's not by my agreement. anymore than me having to pay additional sales tax because i bought the items in question outside of neighborhood.

i don't agree to that dang crap, i just have to do it. it's kinda like clicking a Microsoft EULA that's written 1/2 in Spanish. just have to click yes to use the product even if i'm not capable of understanding 1/2 of the agreement.

I find it 100% unbelievable that you have no options for shopping in places where you have a vote. I think you are just grouchy out of principle/spite that you go places where you don't have a vote to make purchases.

Jul 9th 2010, 20:02:39

Originally posted by Detmer:

That is a silly argument regarding local sales tax - when you go somewhere you agree to follow their laws.

you're full of crap. i don't have any chance in hell of effecting the decision of what the sales tax is going to be in that area because i don't have any voting rights there, how do you qualify that as taxation with representation?

Jul 9th 2010, 20:06:33

if i don't have the buy the product there, then why can Commonwealths like Pennslyvania pass laws stating that people have to match union wages to work within that area?

a service isn't a product?

Detmer Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 20:16:31

Originally posted by Detmer:

you're full of crap. i don't have any chance in hell of effecting the decision of what the sales tax is going to be in that area because i don't have any voting rights there, how do you qualify that as taxation with representation?

Then don't go there. Don't buy things from there. Only buy things where you can vote if you have issues with the taxation. You do have voting rights SOMEWHERE correct?

And as far as your Pennsylvania union wages issue, you'll have to elaborate since I am not familiar with the situation there.

Jul 9th 2010, 20:28:41

i'm pretty sure that i do got voting rights somewhere if i register on time for the election, otherwise, i wouldn't be able to cast my vote in time for it.

wait, a minute, you're telling me to ditch my right to liberty so that i don't have to pay taxation without representation?

Detmer Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 20:30:24

i'm pretty sure that i do got voting rights somewhere if i register on time for the election, otherwise, i wouldn't be able to cast my vote in time for it.

wait, a minute, you're telling me to ditch my right to liberty so that i don't have to pay taxation without representation?

So you are saying that registering to vote is giving up your right to liberty?

Jul 9th 2010, 20:31:43

no, i'm saying that having to pay local sales tax is.

Jul 9th 2010, 20:36:48

i live in a nation where i'm required to make money or die, i can possibly avoid the dying part by seeking charity, but i'm still responsible for paying income taxes on the charity that i receive. they government can't exactly write it off because i managed to scrape out a living in this mess.

they do have to pay the union workers afterall. otherwise they'll go on strike and people won't be able to use the subways, or will get stuck with smelling garbage for weeks on end.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Jul 9th 2010, 20:39:20
See Original Post

Detmer Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 20:37:20

no, i'm saying that having to pay local sales tax is.

You are clearly making some jump in logic without explaining yourself. (or you are just making some jump)

You live somewhere. You vote there. You buy goods there. Any sales tax there is something you have the ability to vote on.

You go somewhere that you don't have a vote. That is your own choice. That is equivalent to traveling to a foreign country and complaining about sales tax. You chose to go there. You chose to follow the laws there. Even if that is sales tax you didn't vote on.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 20:38:38

i live in a nation where i'm required to make money or die, i can possibly avoid the dying part by seeking charity, but i'm still responsible for paying income taxes on the charity that i receive. they government can't exactly write it off because i managed to scrape out a living in this mess.

That is not true. If you make very little money you don't have to pay any taxes. And if you are registered to vote in the United States, then national income tax is not taxation without representation.

Jul 9th 2010, 20:41:46

what are you deaf, dumb and blind?

i stated that local sales tax was taxation without representation. everybody in the US is represented in regards to federal taxes.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 20:45:05

what are you deaf, dumb and blind?

i stated that local sales tax was taxation without representation. everybody in the US is represented in regards to federal taxes.

Then why did you change the topic to the nation?

Are you saying you don't have a vote in your county/town/local governing body? If you do, then you are represented for your taxation.

You are represented for your own local sales tax. You have a vote.

Jul 9th 2010, 20:54:25

no, i'm saying that i don't have a vote in every county/town/local governing body that decides sales tax in the areas that i frequent because of that new fangled gadget called the automobile.

i am frequently coerced into paying ungodly sales taxes simply because of my bodily needs.

what you mean that i have to pay a higher sales tax because 40% of the people eat too many french fries. i got to pay medical expenses for them? why can't they just eat fewer french fries? ain't like it's going to kill them to not get fat.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 21:00:43

Well, as I have said, if you choose to go somewhere outside of where you vote, you are subject to their laws by choice of going there.

Jul 9th 2010, 21:10:18

no, i'm not. they are still subject to providing taxation with representation. might've just as well sent our taxes to King George, why bother with the separation. why fight the wars that gained us our independence?

and you haven't even come close to addressing the what if the sales tax rate is higher in my area.... even if i do go find a better tax rate, i still have to pay what my area would have to pay.

Jul 9th 2010, 21:19:29

you also haven't addressed why 25% of the population has to pay extremely high excise taxes simply because they are addicted to smoking tobacco. why should they have to pay the costs simply because they are addicted to a legal drug that is sold almost everywhere?