Verified:

Forgotten1

Aug 8th 2010, 0:32:42

Next up, pitchers start taking steroids to gain throwing strength and accidentally kills a batter.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

snawdog Game profile

Aug 8th 2010, 0:43:11

* for A Rod...yea, cheater
ICQ 364553524
msn

Fooglmog Game profile

Aug 8th 2010, 13:59:52

Ah yes, I appreciate your rather witty subject which references a two year old controversy that no one actually cared about even then. I also appreciate the quality and insight of the post that followed.

Seriously, what kind of response are you trying to elicit here?

"A-Rod is a wanker and steroids are bad! Grrr!"

Great, I'm going to move on now.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

ponderer Game profile

Aug 8th 2010, 21:31:04

A-Roid, not A-Fraud. Get it straight.

but still, it wasn't banned by baseball when he was caught doing it (and atleast 15%) of the league was caught at the same time. Heck everyone probably takes HGH.
m0m0rific

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 10th 2010, 17:30:21

i'm for all of these guys getting into the HoF. bonds, mgwire etc. yes they took steroids. but it was not against the rules of baseball. we can't keep them out of the HoF just because they did something we don't like, or in barry's case because he's a jerk and a liar.

as for the A-Rod thing, quite frankly i don't think it fair to crucify him when there are still over 100 names on that list that get to remain in anonymity. many of whom will be YOUR favorite players. we know he did them for at least 3 years by his admission. so we've disregarded the other 14.

for you snawdog. how did he cheat? what rules did he break? he definatly let us down, he was supposed to be baseball's champion to take down bond's steroid record clean. but what he did was not against the rules of the game at the time. if anything he's a posterboy for mlb needing to get active in getting their young stars counseling to deal with the money/hype/freedom they suddenly find thrust upon them.

forgotton did you not notice when they made the bug hullobaloo about steroids and the mitchell report how suddenly the pitchers in the league throwing 95+ suddenly dropped dramatically?

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 10th 2010, 17:31:49

and don't give me a counter arguement about HoFers needing moral fiber in response to the steroiods deal. ty cobb in in the HoF. so the standars have already been set as low as they can get

Hick

Aug 11th 2010, 4:50:53

on a side note, Albert Pujols is 8 away from becoming the youngest player to reach 400 career home runs

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 11th 2010, 6:35:37

A-Rod, weren't many of them at one point or another using drugs that they had obtained in violation of US law? Not all obviously (I believe Andro was legal when Mac was using it for example)... If that is the case, then the "moral fiber" clause is still in play. Cobb, though a horrible person, to the best of my knowledge never broke the law.

That being said, the fact that the entire era was tainted actually helps many of their arguments to get into the hall. Steroids was a fact of their era, and they were still the best players of their era.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 11th 2010, 18:05:27

what kills me about mac is that it was never a secret he was on andro. he was on it when it was being tested and wasn't yet considered a steroid. he was their marketing tool! the face of their product. i remember reading an article about him and it i think before i was even in highschool. so for them to be like, NOW he comes out... he came out years ago!