Verified:

Yippie Game profile

Mar 26th 2014, 2:38:46

Hi All,

I thought I will advertise my beer shop in Singapore here. If you want to get your beer-fix, we store a lot of variety of craft beer (and continuously bringing more to Singapore). We offer delivery service (same or next day, free delivery above certain price). We have a big selection of American craft beer (such as AleSmith, Deschutes, Sierra Nevade, Lost Coast, Anthem)

We currently have two stores, one at Liang Court (our main store) and another at Holland Village (store branch). You can either drink your beer at our store or bring them home.

Have a look on our website (http://www.thirsty.com.sg/) for our shop location and selection and our facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/thirstySG). For limited release products, we usually advertise them on Facebook, so like the page for all the updates.

Cheers,
Rob

Viceroy Game profile

Mar 26th 2014, 3:31:08

FYI, your selection of American beers has a very distinct west coast bias. Much of your selection would be difficult to find east of the Rocky Mountains I suspect. This is not a bad thing, as there are some excellent choices to be had (Black Butte Porter by Deschutes and the Downtown Brown by Lost Coast are amongst my personal favorites, for example). However, it does appear that there are some quality American regional and craft breweries that are not represented solely because of where they hail from.

Good luck in your business endeavors.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Yippie Game profile

Mar 26th 2014, 7:07:48

Yep they are. We have been operating for 1 year now and we are trying to bring more and more American beers there. At the moment, several of our American contacts are mostly based in the west coast area, hence the product that we have. We are in the process of bringing more craft beers from across the nation while at the same time trying to touch into other countires distinct flavour, such as craft beers from Australia and Europe.

We will get there eventually and thanks for the wish. Any recommendation on what East Coast craft beer should we bring?

h2orich Game profile

Mar 26th 2014, 14:45:43

Interesting... I'm from Singapore but not a fan of beer. Just drinking the usual Heineken and Carlsberg around. Next time we have a home party feeling thirsty and need more drinks, we'll give you a call!

FibonKylix Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 11:39:11

Im looking for Red Horse Beer and San Mig Light here in SG

Viceroy Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 16:46:07

Yippie, I can't really speak for the East Coast as the only place east of the Mississippi River I've ever lived was (ironically enough) in the state of Mississippi itself. Additionally, I'm not really sure if a lot of the beers I'm a big fan of are big enough to be exportable. Hell, I don't even know what would sell even if it was exportable!

But since you asked...

The one east coast beer I am aware of that might meet what you are looking for is Yuengling. It is popular enough to have a strong following while remaining regionalized. Plus, its a pretty darn good beer.

The Texas craft beer scene has really taken off in the last 5 years or so (in large part due to the initial success of Shiner and the follow on successes of smaller firms like Rahr and Sons from Fort Worth and St. Arnold's out of Houston). Unfortunately, I don't currently reside in Texas, so I can't really speak to it beyond this. I am personally a huge fan of all Rahr and Sons products however. Obviously, Shiner has a huge following, but they do have a lot of quality beverages beyond their flag-bearer. Some of their seasonals are absolutely amazing. Also, Lone Star is garbage - but to Texans, its our garbage! I wouldn't look to carry it unless you want to cater to the rare homesick obnoxious Texan.

The Empyrean Brewery in Lincoln makes some good products that I enjoyed frequently when I lived in Nebraska, especially their Dark Side Vanilla Porter.

One of my favorite beers of all time though comes out of Brett Favre's hometown, Kiln, Mississippi. I love the Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale produced by the Lazy Magnolia Brewery.

At the end of the day, I just know what I like, not what is available or what will sell. I hope my mindless ramblings help. If nothing else, its some free advertising for some of my favorite adult beverages :-)
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2014, 17:11:59

beer nerds are the worst
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF