Verified:

mrford Game profile

May 29th 2010, 16:55:25

Me and about 200,000 other drunk ppl will be there wewt
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

warlorde Game profile

May 29th 2010, 17:59:56

redneck

mrford Game profile

May 29th 2010, 18:05:34

Actually, I was at the track for a 1/4 mile grill event all day yesterday walking the track, and I got burnt like a mofo cuz it was like 94 degrees and sunny

so at them moment, my neck is red as fluff

But calling all NASCAR fans rednecks is just ignorant since it's the largest and fastest growing spectator sport in America, with tracks from las Vegas to new Hampshire, michigan to California, and everywhere else nationwide

Edited By: mrford on May 29th 2010, 18:10:55
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

May 29th 2010, 18:07:58

p.s. go Mark Martin!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

warlorde Game profile

May 29th 2010, 18:13:14

Nope.....

still smells like a redneck to me

XTO Game profile

May 29th 2010, 18:14:07

went to dover a couple weeks back, don't remember any of it. looking to go to the next dover race or a pocono sometime soon. maybe even rent an RV!
The EEVIL Empire - Foreign Affairs

mrford Game profile

May 29th 2010, 18:21:44

Pocono is next week!

I don't like that triangle track, too weird
Swagger of a Chupacabra

TAN Game profile

May 29th 2010, 19:00:09

ford, that is your new color.

you are now mrredneck
FREEEEEDOM!!!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 29th 2010, 19:23:12

Pffttt go Biffle!!!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 29th 2010, 20:09:42

nascar eh... =/ it's kindof boring until they crash

i like formula 1 better

but i'd take hockey or soccer above those any day

though if they put landmines on the course randomly, that might make it more interesting....
Finally did the signature thing.

Fooglmog Game profile

May 29th 2010, 20:47:58

Originally posted by mrford:
But calling all NASCAR fans rednecks is just ignorant since it's the largest and fastest growing spectator sport in America

Nascar is not a sport.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

snawdog Game profile

May 29th 2010, 20:54:34

I don't watch NASCAR because it is NOT racing,all the dimensions of the car,the engines,every thing is governed.
If i can build a car that will beat yours, i should be allowed to race it.
All the same cars going round in a circle at the same speeds.
If that speed was 35mph how many would be fans?..eh
ICQ 364553524
msn

hoop Game profile

May 29th 2010, 21:11:47

I thought this was some sequel to 300. But yeah all NASCAR fans are rednecks. It's part of the definition of the word...

mrford Game profile

May 29th 2010, 21:20:48

Going to a race is more fun than watching one on tv

it is a sport

cars in all official race series are governed, that's a stupid argument. It's driver skill. Ans in addition, all the cars arnt the same, that's why hendrick has be dominating and Michael waltrip racing sucks, above the driver it's engines and chassis.

I like formula 1 as well, but I'm in USA, not mAny chances to see a race, where as I can make it to 4-5 NASCAR races a year atleast

again, don't see how NASCAR isn't a sport
Swagger of a Chupacabra

hoop Game profile

May 30th 2010, 5:27:55

It's a sport I suppose in the classical "it's not a sport unless you can die doing it" but most people don't considering anything a "sport" unless it's a physical endeavor. Race car driving is a skill, not athletic. Thus not a sport. Since i wouldn't call dueling a sport, I'm inclined to leave all forms of racing cars as non sports.

It would have to be more fun live than on tv...minus being around rednecks...which actually would make it far worse for a real person. And really can you even get a decent beer at a nascar event? Gonna end up drinking a bunch of import fizz around 100 pound over weight people cooking in the sun, while watching cars go around a track.

SnowBridge

May 30th 2010, 11:17:42

I think I'll be masterbating instead.

braden Game profile

May 30th 2010, 12:28:33

i used to think nascar sucked, it was boring, and boo hoo, you can drive and turn left, please tell me more...

but then, you know, i actually watched it, i actually began to understand the intricacies involved, some of the strategy, and i found it to be great fun.

i can not wait to go see a race, whenever it is i'll be able to

(you can't die playing basketaball, it isn't a sport? free throws are skill, not physical endeavor, same with a three point shot, and playing defense... unless you count tapping a ball and moving your feet as physical endeavor... because in nascar, i think they turn the wheel while touching the brake or gas...)

mrford Game profile

May 30th 2010, 13:24:47

Lol hoop

It's not athletic? I'd like to see you take the g forces they wohstand for 4 hours without a break at 200 mph and be perfect because one single mistake will end your day

it's the definition of athletisism and endurance. Go watch hbos special on Jimmy Johnson and see how hard he and his crew train every day and come back and say that.

You are just blindly hating on NASCAR now, and I know this because you don't even know that NASCAR is byob. As long as it's not glass, you can bring what the fluff ever and how ever much of it in with you
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Ruthie

May 30th 2010, 13:48:14

I'll be watching from the comfort of being poolside :P

Its gonna be a sunny and hot one today

and I am definitely NOT a redneck lol
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

hoop Game profile

May 30th 2010, 18:19:13

That's like a 50 year old man saying "I have sex with little boys, but I'm not a pedophile." I'm sorry but you just defined the word :)

I mean next you're gonna claim drinking budwiser is acceptable too...

Edited By: hoop on May 30th 2010, 18:19:40

NOW3P Game profile

May 30th 2010, 19:15:08

F1 > ASSCAR any day :-P

ICe Man

May 30th 2010, 19:27:39

The wrecks in Nascar are very entertaining. Along side of the fact of the personalities between the drivers. Tony Stewart highly entertains me.

and yes, watching the race on TV is the most boring thing ever.

Going to the event is where it's at. I like Bristol, as it's a "local" track per-say.
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Fooglmog Game profile

May 30th 2010, 20:11:03

In my opinion a sport is a display of physical prowess in an organized and competitive structure.

Nascar is obviously organized and competitive and I take no issue with the fact that Nascar drivers are all physically adept and athletic. However, it does not truly display this trait. The entirety of the human physical element is hidden from the spectator. In some ways the outcome of the physical effort is visible, however the spectator is still removed from it. In the end, Nascar is much more akin to games of strategy (such as chess) than it is to sports.

This isn't to belittle Nascar as an entertainment. It obviously carries great appeal to a large portion of the American population and I don't begrudge it that. Popularity, however, does not allow it to overcome the shortcomings that prevent it from being a sport.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

warlorde Game profile

May 31st 2010, 0:22:37

ruthie smells like a redneck too....

i have watched a few races. i always seem to fall asleep.

snawdog Game profile

May 31st 2010, 2:14:22

vroom,circle. vroom,circle. vroom,circle.....I dunno
ICQ 364553524
msn

vern Game profile

May 31st 2010, 2:23:01

boogity, boogity, boogity

Havoc Game profile

May 31st 2010, 2:27:31

I used to be pretty anti-nascar but after just playing some nascar video games it got me to really understand and appreciate the strategy involved in the seemingly simple driving/racing..
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Viceroy Game profile

May 31st 2010, 3:46:12

"you can't die playing basketball..." Rudy Tomjanovich may dispute that, but thankfully he can't disprove that.

Nascar is no less of a sport than golf. I believe that is a fair comparison considering the success individuals have had in both with significant leg injuries.

And though they both fall well short on the athleticism scale, they are much more of a sport than the WWE.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

hoop Game profile

May 31st 2010, 3:58:45

When in the hell did golf become a sport? It's a drinking game...

NASCAR is a sport like pro starcraft is a sport...

Edited By: hoop on May 31st 2010, 3:59:12

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 31st 2010, 4:11:11

I resent nascar being referred to as a "sport"

NOW3P Game profile

May 31st 2010, 5:16:51

foog - I see your point, but go to the go-kart track and run 20 laps. Then imagine that times 10 or times 20...racing is HARD work. It's mentally and physically intensive just as much as any other sport I've played.

I'll give racing sport status, but in my opinion it's more of a fusion of sport and engineering.

hoop Game profile

May 31st 2010, 6:00:31

I've been on a go cart track...what part of that was physically intensive? I've taken some back end country roads at speeds I'm lucky to be talking about. A nice adrenaline rush...sure. Physical? Hell no. Next bowling is going to be a sport...

mrford Game profile

May 31st 2010, 6:38:23

just got back to my hotel from the track, and unfortunately i have abkut 35 beers and a half half gallon of soco left

but FICK YEAH mark martin

4th is a good finish

to all you haters of nascar, sorry, but fick you

we grilled brats and played beer pong for 3 hours before the race, went to the race, and grillled and played beer pong for 3 hours after the race to avoid the tyraffic

you have to go to a race to appreciate it to be honest. i love ALL sports, and attend them all regularly, but NASCAR is my favorite purely based on the atmosphere.

again, fluff you if you dont like nascar, alot of ppl do, and thats all that matters
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

May 31st 2010, 10:59:19

i played eighteen this saturday hoop, and golf is most certainly a sport.

or the main cause of blisters not from work, but either or :P

Fooglmog Game profile

May 31st 2010, 11:26:00

Originally posted by NOW3P:
foog - I see your point, but go to the go-kart track and run 20 laps. Then imagine that times 10 or times 20...racing is HARD work. It's mentally and physically intensive just as much as any other sport I've played.

I'll give racing sport status, but in my opinion it's more of a fusion of sport and engineering.

I'm about to go and spend six hours today working on choreographed fights for stage. Some of these fights will be unarmed while others will be done with swords or sword & companion systems. This is hard work. It's more mentally and physically intensive than any sport that I've ever played. These attributes, however, do not qualify what I'm doing today as sport.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

braden Game profile

May 31st 2010, 11:34:24

maybe not, but the person who, in their life for sport or leisure, who fences, is actively engaging in a sport.

you choreographing a staged fight might not be the act of the sport, but you're staging a simulated sport, the sword fight, or whatever it might be, that you do.

vern Game profile

May 31st 2010, 12:10:37

i love racing, racing is a sport, but NASCAR is a sanctioning body that has brainwashed its drivers and media darlings to keep saying "our sport"

is NHRA, IHRA, ARCA, etc etc sports also ?

but i do like a good ol nascar race, was at Darlington earlier in may and will be at Bristol in august

but Nascar is a sanctioning body, not a sport..auto racing is a sport

NOW3P Game profile

May 31st 2010, 12:49:15

the difference being foog, your fights are choreographed and planned - were you to take away the choreography, you'd basically have fencing, which I believe is a sport still.

hoop - you're telling me steering a car w/ no power steering isn't a work out, or that staying focused at 100+ mph for the length of a race isn't mentally tiring? If you're trying to tell me you didn't feel the race after you drove a go-kart, either you only put in a lap or two, or I'm gonna have to call BS on you having driven go-karts in any sort of a race context.

Driving a 4 door down back roads as fast as you can != racing, it's just stupid (nothing personal, but given that you're saying you're lucky to be talking about it, I'd guess you agree - I'm guilty of it too). You have power steering, are operating at 1/4 the speed of most race drivers, and are in a nice comfy padded seat in a vehicle designed to be comfortable and driver friendly, not to mention no need whatsoever to fight the vehicle....comparing the two is apples and oranges.

also, vern is right.

Edited By: NOW3P on May 31st 2010, 12:49:44

Ruthie

May 31st 2010, 14:05:58

Originally posted by vern:
boogity, boogity, boogity

oh lord how I hate that

lol

I only watched about the last 30 mins or so of the race, was too busy swimming

which, by the way, swimming is a sport :P
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 31st 2010, 14:42:24

vern is correct.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

hoop Game profile

May 31st 2010, 15:27:36

Originally posted by braden:
i played eighteen this saturday hoop, and golf is most certainly a sport.

or the main cause of blisters not from work, but either or :P

lol...and how many beers did you consume out there ;)

Golf is a drinking game. Rather fun one at that!

hoop - you're telling me steering a car w/ no power steering isn't a work out, or that staying focused at 100+ mph for the length of a race isn't mentally tiring? If you're trying to tell me you didn't feel the race after you drove a go-kart, either you only put in a lap or two, or I'm gonna have to call BS on you having driven go-karts in any sort of a race context.

Heart racing, adrenaline pumping, etc...sure. That doesn't mean I had been through a physical endeavor. I could jump out of a plane and I bet I'd be shaking when I got to the ground, but sure as heck isn't physical. My arm will be tired after bowling as I don't do it much, but sure as heck isn't physically demanding.

I bet if I drove a race car without power steering (which btw it's hardly difficult ot drive a car without) I'd be a bit sore in the morning. I've never done that and it would hit different muscles. I mean hell I you could jerk off till your wrists are sore, you gonna call that a sport? As for mentally challenging it clearly is. Any game can be that...so can work...school...a freaking cross word puzzle.

Edited By: hoop on May 31st 2010, 15:35:59

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 31st 2010, 17:53:22

co-ed naked twister makes for a better drinking game.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

hoop Game profile

May 31st 2010, 18:17:58

I'm more a fan of all girl naked twister, but you know as a spectator event. Or maybe I've just had bad luck with guy's nuts in my face in the co-ed version...

Fooglmog Game profile

Jun 1st 2010, 3:09:09

Originally posted by NOW3P:
the difference being foog, your fights are choreographed and planned - were you to take away the choreography, you'd basically have fencing, which I believe is a sport still.

You're dancing around my point.

My contention is that a number of criteria must be met for an activity to qualify as a sport. Any activity that doesn't meet all of these criteria does not qualify as such.

Your counter arguement didn't address my criteria, it simply stated that "Nascar is athletic, therefore it is a sport".

I chose to rebutt this by giving an example of another activity that is Athletic but not a sport. The fact that you can identify why my named activity isn't a sport and explain what changes would be necessary to make it a sport is entirely moot. Choreographed swordplay is extremely athletic but is not a sport. Therefore athleticism alone cannot qualify an activity as a sport.

In other words, the only arguement that you've raised for why Nascar ought to be considered a sport (ie. "It's athletic") does not bear up when interrogated in other contexts.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

hoop Game profile

Jun 2nd 2010, 0:39:45

Fooglmog, that's an extremely sill argument. If I state something is lacking x and thus isn't y. It doesn't mean all things with x are y. Now is supposed to list all the requirements to be a sport when the others don't pertain to this topic?

A sport needs to be a competition where someone can win or lose based on their own actions, at least imo. I don't need to mention that as we can safely say that the race car TEAMS are competing against each other and the winners are decided based on what's done on the track/in prepping for it.

BTW if women can compete with men at the pro level...not a sport!

Fooglmog Game profile

Jun 2nd 2010, 3:04:42

Originally posted by hoop:
Fooglmog, that's an extremely sill argument. If I state something is lacking x and thus isn't y. It doesn't mean all things with x are y.

You've got lost somewhere in this discussion mate. You're actually supporting my arguement against NOW3P while phrasing your discourse as if it disagrees with me.

NOW3P said that Nascar has athletics (X) and therefore is a sport (Y).
I pointed out that there are activities with athletics (X) that aren't sports (Y).

This doesn't settle whether or not Nascar is a sport. It simply demonstrates that NOW3P's arguement is not conclusive. However, since I initiated the discussion by giving my rationale for why Nascar isn't a sport (ie. It doesn't display the athletic prowess that may be present) and no effort has been made to counter this arguement, the initiative of this debate rests with those who disagree with me. Until some effort is made to counter either my original premise or conclusion, this debate is not moving forward the the victory in it is mine.

I wish they taught both logic and debating as mandatory classes in highschool.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Fooglmog Game profile

Jun 2nd 2010, 3:43:56

Debating 101:

I debated competitively for a number of years. I'm by no means brilliant, but I can string an arguement together and did relatively well. Here's a breakdown of a debate:

1. One person states a premise and draws a conclusion from it. In this case:

Premise - A sport is a display of physical prowess in an organized and competitive structure.
Conclusion - Since Nascar hides the physical prowess present, it doesn't meet the criteria I mentioned in my premise and is not a sport.

2. The opposing side either attacks the premise or the conclusion from above.

Attacking the premise: "So long as the physical, competitive and organized elements exist, it does not matter whether or not the athletics are actually on display."

Attacking the conclusion: "The athletics of Nascar are clearly displayed. You can see it in the way the cars move and from cameras that are placed inside the cars."

NOW3P attempted to take a third course which doesn't work in debates. He attempted to redefine the arguement. Rather than disagreeing with me, he simply gave a premise and conclusion of his own. The reason this doesn't work is because it gives me free reign to question your arguement without ever having to defend my own.

It doesn't really matter whether or not I'm right in the challenges I make to your arguement. The point is that I'm challenging it. To any neutral observer an arguement that has been challenged will always appear weaker than one that hasn't.

Therefore, if this debate were to continue as it has thus far, I will be viewed as having the stronger arguement (whether right or not). Some will side against me because I'm opposing their views while you're reinforcing them; but if the issue were removed, my arguement would be seen as much stronger.

Does this make sense?

Obviously, a challenge to the original premise or conclusion isn't the end of the debate. But until you get that right, you'll always be flapping your arms uselessly instead of putting forward an arguement that may convince others.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

braden Game profile

Jun 2nd 2010, 10:27:29

"lol...and how many beers did you consume out there ;)

Golf is a drinking game. Rather fun one at that! "

Yea, hoop, point taken, I had like nine beers :P
I shot 105 on a 72 :P
and one of my overall better showings, shockingly enough

hoop Game profile

Jun 2nd 2010, 21:44:10

Foog, this isn't a formal debate. So no, it doesn't make sense or apply to this discussion. It makes you look silly that you're challenging someone by drawing an illogical conclusion. If this neutral 3rd party is mentally challenged you may win...to anyone else that argument is absurd.

The point of countering a person when you're in a format like this, is to actually make a reasonable argument for your opinion. This of course assumes the two are in conflict.

Fooglmog Game profile

Jun 3rd 2010, 1:47:17

It has nothing to do with formality. It's simply the best way in which to put forth a cohesive arguement.

My arguement is entirely reasonable. You may disagree. But I'd like to know exactly what it is about it that you find to be invalid.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.