Verified:

Forgotten1

Jul 9th 2010, 5:14:10

Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

hoop Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 5:16:27

Who'd have thought someone could be more childish than Lebron? I mean that whole news conference thing is insulting as hell, but good lord. This is the owner of a company...act like a damn adult already!

Forgotten1

Jul 9th 2010, 5:23:22

Lebron's hour special profits were to be donated to charities, and based on that, and if it were true, then yah, I could swallow it.

Dan Gilbert is acting like a 13 year old boy who got turned down by the hottest chick in the grade.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Thunder Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 8:35:39

How dumb is that? Lebron would still be in Cleveland if the ownership would've went after guys who could help get a Championship. No, they instead went after a marquee name like Shaq who didn't fit the style of ball they were playing. When Shaq was in the game the Cavs had to accomodate his inability to run the floor like the Cavs so often loved to do. Nah, Lebron begged them to bring someone in and they didn't. Lebron said it best. I don't want to be 31yrs old with tired knees and no championship. Cleveland didn't want to win bad enough and they lost the King because of it. Gilbert is just crying because he had offered Lebron 128m over 6 years and Lebron took less money in a situation where he'll probably win a ring within the next two years. Man I wish they'd allow comments.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

braden Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 10:24:43

the heat just won the next decade.

a friend asked, what is their bench though? The bench? It's the piece of wood their championship team sits on.

Forgotten1

Jul 9th 2010, 17:09:10

I would go sign for minimum there.

Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Forgotten1

Jul 9th 2010, 17:09:35

Or worse

Heat starts selling bench roster spots to celebrities for money.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

hoop Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 22:42:33

That team doesn't appear to be better than 3rd in the league unless they just land amazing guys. Who's taking a pay cut when there won't be a season next year? I'm not signing a one year contract and then make nothing the next year.

Even if that was for charity it was amazingly silly and in poor taste. But again the cav's owner acted like a child.

Oh and fyi Durant is staying...THAT's the major news story.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 1:10:16

You cant win the NBA championship without a bench, and the Heat now cant afford one. THey still have to get through the Celtics in the East who eviscerated both Wade AND Lebron and who return an elite team as well with 3, maybe 4 HOFers starting PLUS they have a bench.

Assuming they can get by them which I bet they wont, they still have to face the Lakers who could also beat them.
Smarter than your average bear.

hoop Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:27:16

The magic will be better than the celtics who are another year older and for everyone but Rondo that's a bad bad thing.

They should be on par with the celtics assuming they don't just get complete crap for the bench (they have a bit of wiggle room for at least one decent guy and then hopefully they get just enough from reserves for the min). Oh and they could win without a bench, but not without a point or center of some talent.

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/...of-the-san-antonio-spurs/

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:56:11

The Celtics just beat the Magic...

Thunder Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 17:15:13

Its wayyyyy too early to be calling Rajon Rondo a HoFer. Need to wait about 7 more years before even going that far.

Heat will be easy to hate with Wade making comments like "you have the 3 of the greatest players of all time here in Miami now".
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Hick

Jul 12th 2010, 4:50:26

GO MIAMI!

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 14:21:37

haha media comparisons of Lebron James to the nWo from pro wrestling. Nice to see everyone turn on him now that it's apparent he's a shallow jackass who can't win with his own team.

Twain Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 23:39:05

Thunder: You don't think Cleveland has done everything they could to surround LeBron with talent?

The last two years, they've won 61 and 66 games. They've tried bringing in a variety of players from Wally Szczerbiak (sp?) to Shaq. They've drafted some useful players, most notably Varajao, and they even tried to get Bosh to Cleveland, but were stifled by Toronto not being willing to do a sign-and-trade.

LeBron certainly had the right to do what he wanted to, but I disagree with you on the idea that they didn't make real attempts to get better.

Hick

Jul 13th 2010, 17:23:17

Michael Jordan played with Pippen and Rodman. Larry Bird played with Mchale and Parish. Magic Johnson played with Kareem. are those guys any less great?

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 19:32:37

No, they also didn't call themselves King Bird or have hour long TV specials about where they were signing. They also didn't leave their respective teams chasing after a championship. THey brought championships TO their teams.

This is partly why Paul Pierce will be a more legendary player then Allen or Garnett.

Hick

Jul 13th 2010, 19:40:32

Jordan, Bird, and Magic also played for Chicago, Boston, and LA. big difference in those markets compared to Cleveland, and if you think that the hour long special is a terrible thing, go to your local boys and girls club and voice your opinion about them. ;)

de1i Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 3:57:16

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 13:29:51

oh yeah Chicago was a REAL powerhouse before Jordan got there. Tons of history and championship.

Celtics hadnt won since 76 before Bird got there. Lakers hadn't won since 72.

THe crazy thing about all of these is he and his supporters keep whining about how he had no help. YOU WERE THE #1 SEED TWO YEARS RUNNING!

Thunder Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 13:28:39

Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Hick

Jul 20th 2010, 4:21:05

Orkin, I was talking about the markets not how many titles they have won. Chicago, Los Angeles, and Boston are larger markets than Cleveland. thus they had more ability to bring in talent to play around their stars.

Kareem didnt stay in Milwaukee for his entire career, is he any less great?

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 20th 2010, 12:58:48

He won with Milwaukee before he left, then won with the Lakers too, so your comparison is not analogous.