Verified:

primalredemption Game profile

Jul 11th 2013, 4:15:13

I can understand players needing to make a quick buck or ensuring a guaranteed sale overnight, but undercutting by 25-50%? Isn't that just ruining the economy of the very commodities you are selling? Lol

Let's all follow real life examples like the oil cartels and jack the price up for our mutual betterment :)

Marshal Game profile

Jul 11th 2013, 9:08:33

wishful thinking.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Jul 11th 2013, 10:15:04

What, have you never stategically placed goods on the market only to have someone undercut you by half price? It's ridiculous. The goods will sell anyway without a huge markdown so why lower your own commodities value? It shouldn't have anything to do with "wishing" to expect basic sense from others.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 11th 2013, 12:57:54

yes, many times and there's nothing to do to prevent that.

Twain Game profile

Jul 11th 2013, 16:43:01

If only one person does it, then their stuff sells and then yours is up next.

If everyone is doing it, then either:

a) It's because of supply and demand, stop overpricing your stuff if you want it to sell (that is, if it's not selling).
or
b) They're idiots, and if your stuff is selling anyway, why does it matter? (if your stuff IS selling)

Jul 11th 2013, 18:36:50

Yes they're idiots lol.

Example, there was no food on express markets for a 2 hour period. Nations were hungry. Since at that time I was producing at least 1/4 the servers food I steered the price up and people were buying without hesitation. Then someone put a bundle out at 75%, followed by another undercut at half price. With those two moves it was sufficient to influence peoples thinking. It wasn't really lack of demand at or supply surplus.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 11th 2013, 19:15:25

that's common, it only takes 1-2 players (idiots or just plain morons) to sell low and many will follow and low price becomes de facto.