Verified:

WaterTower Game profile

Dec 10th 2013, 12:51:58

-The advance fee fraud (aka. Nigerian Scam) is the number two industry in Nigeria behind oil. Which makes Nigeria less desperately poor than its neighbors.
-Ethiopia was never under colonization or control by any nation, but it suffers from the same ills affecting the rest of Africa.
-Life expectancy has fallen by twelve years in South Africa since Mandela was released, mostly due to the policies of his political party.

...More to come...

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 10th 2013, 17:24:18

That's only 3 interesting factoids. Waiting for the others and links to proof.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

mrford Game profile

Dec 11th 2013, 18:03:51

we get it watertower, you hate black people. give it a rest already.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

braden Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 22:44:27

mooslims are killing and raping and forced converting teenage coptic christian girls in egypt

Silverhwk21 Game profile

Dec 18th 2013, 0:48:22

hmm interesting

Silverhwk21 Game profile

Dec 18th 2013, 0:48:28

braden Game profile

Dec 18th 2013, 4:23:43

interesting that the coptics have been there longer than the mooslims?

mist1006 Game profile

Dec 23rd 2013, 18:04:41

chem20 Game profile

Dec 23rd 2013, 20:42:20

k

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Dec 23rd 2013, 20:49:07

it doesn't spin fast enough for any of the fluff to disappear in to outer space?
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 24th 2013, 15:36:51

Originally posted by GodHead Dibs:
it doesn't spin fast enough for any of the fluff to disappear in to outer space?

No, but if we left those folks alone, they'd never be a real threat to us since they'd just continue running around in their desert cutting each others heads off.

Klown Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 0:49:38

How is he a liberal for pointing out the fact that literally every post Watertowers makes is to attack blacks? Its old and tired.

Dec 29th 2013, 7:36:35

or he's attacking policies that promote people simply for being black.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 29th 2013, 14:44:27

Still waiting for the other 7 facts.... (crickets chirp)

Klown Game profile

Dec 29th 2013, 20:39:46

However you want to look at it its the same fluff

mrford Game profile

Dec 30th 2013, 10:39:23

lol please expalin to me why you think im a liberal. this should be good. you talk out of your ass about me so often i usually just think you ave bad breath.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 30th 2013, 13:47:36

Because you are obviously brain damaged and that in and of itself puts you squarely in the Liberal Camp.

Dec 30th 2013, 20:48:42

Originally posted by Klown:

However you want to look at it its the same fluff

ahh, i should've looked at his post history. sounds a bit like a Boer to me, but that's probably only because I've been reading Allen Quartermaine stories recently.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

qwertyqwerty Game profile

Jan 7th 2014, 3:23:44

The real reason why some nations are prosperous and others are not is simple - economic freedom. If you look at Botswana you can see a nation that was for many years the world's fastest growing economy exactly because of the culture of fiscal restraint brought upon by it's dire poverty. Or look at Hong Kong. A barren rock with practically no natural resources that became the financial center of Asia. When you have dictatorships, no rule of law, violence run amuck and war you are not going to have prosperity.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 17th 2014, 20:10:04

Ethiopia:
Ethiopia was a monarchy for most of its history. Alongside Rome, Persia, China and India the Kingdom of Aksum was one of the great world powers of the 3rd century. In the 4th century, it was the first major empire in the world to officially adopt Christianity as a state religion.
Blow you mind!!

Ethiopia derived prestige for its uniquely successful military resistance during the late 19th-century Scramble for Africa, and subsequently many African nations adopted the colors of Ethiopia's flag following their independence. Ethiopia was the only African country to defeat a European colonial power and retain its sovereignty as an independent country
blow your mind some more.

It's problems really began in the 20th century due to external interference.

~~~
now nigeria:
the "nigerian scam" is not really run by nigerians for the most part. Having said that, the country derives 40% of its GDP from oil and the next largest industry is telecomunications.
Your statement is like saying gun-smuggling is a major industry for the US. You can't know that.

~~~
South Africa:
I would argue that there is no honest statistics to back that.

~~~~
Honk Kong: Hong kong is not and never was a country. It was a built up trading post by the British and owes its success to location and the generosity of the British who built it up. I wouldn't say that HK is really all that democratic although it's not that terrible in the grand scheme of things.

~~~
You want some messed up examples? Look at south america. The reasons for that are complex, but it boils down to being settled by people who were looking to loot the place and not really build a new country (unlike US/Canada where it became loot-> build up and settle and then loot some more).
~~~~
having said all that I don't think democracy is necessary for sustained prosperity (many counter examples). Lack of corruption, rule of law, competent bureaucracy, and good infrastrucutre are really the key things for success. Being able to defend against your neighbors helps a lot too. Yes democracy can help but it's not enough.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

braden Game profile

Jan 19th 2014, 17:03:32

they beat the italians, lets not give them too much credit, now..