Verified:

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Jan 5th 2014, 17:13:21

i don't understand why Matthew bothers to take the time to delineate the ancestry of Joseph all the way back to Abraham, when Joseph is only the step-father of Jesus. don't understand why it's stated that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost, but David is his father. think that was mentioned in Luke.

i get the impulse to read it a little when i watch "The Quiet Man", "Donovan's Reef", or "Going My Way". and the impulse goes away as soon as i encounter a conundrum in it.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

mdevol Game profile

Jan 8th 2014, 13:55:05

as with every belief system, there are flaws.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Jan 8th 2014, 16:08:47

think something got lost in translation.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

now im nothing Game profile

Jan 9th 2014, 1:19:56

We do not believe in human feelings,
nor in human senses,
nor human needs,
human values,
human fears,
or even human hopes.
The only purpose or belief,
is the path from the mind to the brain,
path from the mind to the brain,
mind... to the brain,
This is a preset world, there are no secrets.
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

braden Game profile

Jan 11th 2014, 12:22:15

donovans reef is hilarious. i didn't take you for a duke fan.

delineates back to abraham i think to show that his birth fulfills one of those old jewish prophecies. i forget the wording and its too early for me to google or even worse pick up the actual book to find out

as for the second i don't know the quote, luke is boring :P

Forgotten

Jan 14th 2014, 6:50:53

Burn it, then the warmth will comfort you.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Jan 14th 2014, 11:26:37

Originally posted by braden:
donovans reef is hilarious. i didn't take you for a duke fan.

delineates back to abraham i think to show that his birth fulfills one of those old jewish prophecies. i forget the wording and its too early for me to google or even worse pick up the actual book to find out

as for the second i don't know the quote, luke is boring :P

i am not a fan. fans are crazy nut jobs. i enjoy watching movies, err, maybe i used to. now they seem to just be background noise because i wander off in the middle of them.

he should have delineated Mary's ancestry back to Abraham if he wanted to prove that Jesus was Jewish. would've made more sense. near as i can tell, Jesus simply had a Jewish step-dad.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Jan 14th 2014, 12:21:02

while not being a fan myself, i am fairly proficient in using them to blow around a bunch of hot air and the assorted other things that can be flung with them.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 14:03:39

from wikipedia

According to Luke, Mary was a cousin of Elizabeth, wife of the priest Zechariah of the priestly division of Abijah, who was herself part of the lineage of Aaron and so of the tribe of Levi.[Luke 1:5;1:36] Some of those who consider that the relationship with Elizabeth was on the maternal side, consider that Mary, like Joseph, to whom she was betrothed, was of the House of David and so of the tribe of Judah, and that the genealogy of Jesus presented in Luke 3 from Nathan, third son of David and Bathsheba, is in fact the genealogy of Mary, while the genealogy from Solomon given in Matthew 1 is that of Joseph

and with all that said, different versions of the bible don't match up when it comes to the geneology. the above is from KJV
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.