I'm smart, I know that nothing's free.

I do not like your smug replies,

when I complain about your lies.

I do not like this kind of hope.

I do not like it, nope, nope, nope!
EL YAY!

Fooglmog Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 4:15:21

The interesting thing about the Tea Party is how they complain about all politicians... point to the problems caused by conservative party policies as a rationale... then demand that democratic party policies be stopped.

It's like a bunch of 14 year olds who've decided that their parents are both idiots because their dad lost all their money gambling... then yell at their mom because she won't buy them a new iPod.

Much Love Kess.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Edited By: Fooglmog on Jul 21st 2010, 4:22:23. Reason: Corrected grammar.
See Original Post

KeSSie Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 4:21:06

lol...Love ya too, Foog. :-)
EL YAY!

Detmer Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 18:37:39

I agree Foog. The Tea Party movement is so unbelievable to me. I can not fathom how their minds work.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 21st 2010, 18:40:27

I have an interesting article from The Onion for you to read from 9 years ago, just after bush was elected, that slashdot recently pointed out to me; it was, of course intended to be satire, but most of it has come true over the years....

http://www.theonion.com/...re-of-peace-and-pros,464/

With that in mind, you may continue on about how bad the current administration may or may not be.
Finally did the signature thing.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 19:03:50

Originally posted by qzjul:
I have an interesting article from The Onion for you to read from 9 years ago, just after bush was elected, that slashdot recently pointed out to me; it was, of course intended to be satire, but most of it has come true over the years....

http://www.theonion.com/...-of-peace-and-pros%2C464/

With that in mind, you may continue on about how bad the current administration may or may not be.

Wow, that is scarily prophetic.

My mind is just blown how these people campaign and vote against their own best interests through some zealous ideology.

Should people work hard and to earn what they get? Yes. I think everyone can agree with that.
Should people be allowed to tend to themselves with minimal interference from others? Yes. I think everyone can agree to that.

People who are backing the current conservative movements though are fanatically taking those two points to absurd levels on some perception that these movements further those ideologies in some way, which is just not reality. The real consequence is they elect people who take away their liberties for the purpose of further empowering themselves financially and politically.

Part of the problem is the mindless masses who follow their pastor who clearly has never read a Bible. I am not talking about religious folk in general as some blanket statement - I myself am Christian. I mean those who don't think but vote for hate by disallowing gay marriage. Those who vote pro-life because they were told to. There is nothing in the Bible stating that an unborn baby has any life. I have read the Bible for the purpose of clarifying that point and it is not in there. Some people interpret passages in ways I find to be gross misinterpretations. There is nothing explicit, just some nuance which really has no meaning since these aren't the original texts but translations. As for gay marriage, really marriage is a religious institution and gays shouldn't be able to be married in ways that isn't consistent with the religion if that is the view of the religion. HOWEVER the government is not a religious institution and should not be able to marry people but does anyways. Gays in loving relationships are being denied legal rights because they can not get some secular civil union, which has nothing to do with any religious meaning.

Insane zealots and blind masses who repeat ignorant rhetoric (ie "I do not like these dirty crooks,

or how they lie and cook the books.

I do not like when Congress steals,

I do not like their secret deals.")
are destroying America. I am happy people realized after Bush part deux that change was necessary, but the Obama bashing that goes on now is unreal. Compared to everything conservative politicians have tried to do in his term he is doing a bang up job. It is astounding how much good he has actually accomplished considering how Republicans try to oppose single thing he does, regardless of how it fits with what they want. All they seemingly want is for him to fail at all costs so they can regain power... dragging America down so they can make more a little more money... disgusting.

KeSSie Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 19:40:04

uh oh...I'm ignorant now. :-P

I posted the little "Dr. Seuss" poem cuz I thought it was funny. If something similar were to be posted bashing conservatives..I would probably find that funny as well. I'm an equal opportunity fluff-stirrer and hater.

I will say that I do tend to lean more towards being conservative than liberal, but there are definitely issues that I go the other way on.

Now, I'm gonna go take my ignorant-self out to an abortion clinic and pop some protesting pro-lifers in the head with a few paint balls. ;-)
EL YAY!

Fooglmog Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 20:14:15

I'm sorry Kess... I was just having fun with the fact that I know you tend to lean right. I didn't mean for a bunch of people to team up on you over it.

It's a decent Dr. Suess parody... a lot better than most of the political rubbish that gets tossed around. Thanks for sharing.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 20:27:08

Originally posted by KeSSelaDaDarkAngel:
uh oh...I'm ignorant now. :-P

I posted the little "Dr. Seuss" poem cuz I thought it was funny. If something similar were to be posted bashing conservatives..I would probably find that funny as well. I'm an equal opportunity fluff-stirrer and hater.

I will say that I do tend to lean more towards being conservative than liberal, but there are definitely issues that I go the other way on.

Now, I'm gonna go take my ignorant-self out to an abortion clinic and pop some protesting pro-lifers in the head with a few paint balls. ;-)

Since I am the one who posted about ignorance I will assume you are referring to my post. I never said you fit those criteria, however the rhyme you posted is exactly the sort of stuff that the people I am referring to believe in. If that is you, it is. If it isn't, then it isn't.

If you aren't exceedingly wealthy though, the standard conservative agenda is not in your best interest.

KeSSie Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 20:29:38

No need to apologize, Foog! I'm thoroughly enjoying this! Nothing like some controversy and name calling to get the blood pumping a bit. I just don't want anyone thinking that I take myself, or others, too seriously.

For those that be hatin..it's aight...ya'll just don't know me and my sense of humor...I forgive you for that. :-P

Offended or feeling overly picked on..I am not. Smiling and giggling..I am! :-D

<3 you all! ;-)
EL YAY!

KeSSie Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 20:40:52

There's nothing standard about my particular agenda, Detmer. I'm not one of the mindless sheep (no offense meant to either the mindless or the sheep!) that goes with one side or the other exclusively. I go with what feels right to ME...Not what either party tries to force-feed me and tell me what I should think, believe or do. :-)
EL YAY!

Detmer Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 20:50:21

Originally posted by KeSSelaDaDarkAngel:
There's nothing standard about my particular agenda, Detmer. I'm not one of the mindless sheep (no offense meant to either the mindless or the sheep!) that goes with one side or the other exclusively. I go with what feels right to ME...Not what either party tries to force-feed me and tell me what I should think, believe or do. :-)

I am glad to hear that. That is why I have to clarify that point, because I am not so foolish to believe anyone who associates with something, is entirely that thing =P

KeSSie Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 21:02:18

;-)
EL YAY!

Hick

Jul 21st 2010, 21:24:26

Go Tea Party!!! Congress voted Obama-Care lets vote them outta there!!!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jul 22nd 2010, 22:36:06

i do not like it Uncle Sam,
i will not eat it with green eggs and ham.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 17:57:16

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
The interesting thing about the Tea Party is how they complain about all politicians... point to the problems caused by conservative party policies as a rationale... then demand that democratic party policies be stopped.

It's like a bunch of 14 year olds who've decided that their parents are both idiots because their dad lost all their money gambling... then yell at their mom because she won't buy them a new iPod.

Sorry to back track, but I don't follow your logic here. Isn't this similar to the liberal discontent with the Democratic Party that had people voting Nader in 2000? Or to the Conservative discontent that had people voting Perot in 1992 and for the Republican Revolution in 1994? This movement is nothing new, merely the newest.

And I'd love to read that Onion article, but I can't figure out how to open the link properly. EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Edited By: Viceroy on Jul 23rd 2010, 18:29:28. Reason: Stoopidity
See Original Post
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.