Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 17th 2023, 1:34:02

Originally posted by Requiem:
I don't like the attitude of "dont grab me or war." All-x is meh.

That's mostly a server population issue tho, not necessarily a mechanic issue. The game didn't have bots forever, and clans managed. Sure, clans like ICN were primarily all-x...but some netter tags still farmed the untagged and small tags. That's supposed to be a risk/reward situation but was taken away because LaF was farming small tags to death and killing anyone who responded, and people thought it was bad for players. It wasn't. Rage/WoG was also sitting there the whole time waiting to kill over a single spyop for years and people called it toxic. It wasn't.

The reason the bot meta was created wasn't because everyone was all-x and all-x was boring. It was because the strongest had to feast on the weak to win. And that's how the politics should work. Might still makes right, and the big dogs can still bully, but somewhere along the way the want to STOP PEOPLE KILLING NEWBS and the little guy became PROTECTING THE LARGEST CLANS from the little guy and newbs because they are all pussies too lazy to defend themselves. And that's when the purpose of the bots in the first place was forgotten. It's backwards and, for lack of a better term, fluffing stupid. It's literally the opposite of the intention of these rules.

At this point, if you aren't playing team, you're playing a bastardized version of the game with one viable strat. When team becomes more enjoyable than 1a to a casual like myself, which it now officially has, I think you must realize that all the changes that have set 1a on the direction it is now, were bad. And Team is the last server aside from Primary with the spirit of the old game, and strategical parity.

I really think people forget bots were created to protect new players and small tags from big tags. Imo, large tags should be embarrassed that they're now seeing them as protection and a creation to let them be lazy. It's an embarrassing joke they're all complicit in admitting they are pussies. It's highly embarrassing, and while I was ok with some bots TO PROTECT SMALL TAGS AND NEW PLAYERS, I flipped completely to seeing them as a primary reason for the game's decline. The subsequent changes to protect crybabies and pussies have overrun their efficacy in protecting newbs, and I see them only as creating a years in the making meta that will destroy the player base, as we're seeing now.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 17th 2023, 2:08:09
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit