Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 14th 2023, 4:32:05

While I'm not starting a new topic regarding this, and will save a good few comments for that were it to be a serious discussion that takes place without bickering about recent politics, here's some of my feelings going into the conversation.

1) Prime referring to ClanGDI as Alliance Safe Space is pretty funny and I hope he never calls it ClanGDI again.

2) I've never, and will continue to never, support any server changes that require the moderator to delete players for things they are allowed to do in-game. Like it or not, moderators biases, whether they're attempting to have them or not, are at a minimum called into question every time a delete is/was made. I firmly believe all rules of the server should be built into the server, and deleting people after the fact for rules they could be unaware of isn't normal, and creates drama. It's either a built in mechanic, or I'm not interested.

3) Reiterating a point Prime made, during SOTS clans would often declare war on 2 member tags or spam tags if they felt a threat from a warclan, to avoid a losing war and easily kill new members of the server. These sort of circumventing the basic rules of SOTS were responsible for MOST of the deletes that occurred during its time, and also caused Team to plummet in membership due to having a high bar for entry (i.e. you better have 5 guys who either shake a ton of hands or can protect themselves because if you're a softer war target than the best wallers in the game, you'll be targeted as a way to avoid losses).

If these rules do go thru, I'd be near adamant Prime be in control of every deletion. Simply put, I feel like he hates all of us equally, and that's better than any alternative. Team had good moderators during SOTS, but they also had clearly biased mods. Like, without question biased mods who announced their intentions to protect their friends very publicly, and it made the server near unplayable. It's a very delicate rule that needs a very steady hand who can either empathize with everyone or hates everyone.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 14th 2023, 4:47:56
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit