Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 12th 2024, 15:35:21

Originally posted by Drow:
Originally posted by Slagpit:
I got rid of the UNAP stuff because I don't care that much about it, but I don't plan on budging on the easier recruitment. Players create new accounts every day on this site but most don't stick around for very long. I am hoping that automatically throwing them into friendly clans improves our conversion rate.

Forgive me, but I don't see how not needing the password to join a clan encourages players to play?
The whole point of the tag/pass is that players then go and get involved in the community of the clan they choose to join.

Perhaps have a link on the login page, or in the clans window, with wayhs to join a clan,a nd how to get in contact with a clan to join etc?

We already have something like this but no one is using it: "There are currently no clans recruiting on this server.
Try checking back later or posting on the forums."

Here's the intended workflow from my perspective:

1) A few friendly clans open up their tags up to anyone.
2) New players are automatically placed into those clans.
3) The clan admin sees the new country and sends them a welcome message urging them to join the clan's discord, irc, or website. (I'd personally recommend against irc for this)
4) Some percentage of new members follow up on the message and follow the instructions.
5) Some percentage of those members learn the game from the clan and keep playing it.