Verified:

General Earl Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 4:54:26

I've been speaking very informally with a few people about starting up a project to create an EE hosting site, but not quite like a boxcar or ghq..

Basically, the site would be like a phpbb installation, in the sense that the player would download the software, and would be responsible for their own hosting. The site framework would be 1 clan per install, but for heavily pacted alliances, ops could be shared with another site that had the same architecture.

Full IRC bot integration would be ideal (but optional, considering its less likely every site would be on a unique IRC server). But other IRC tools (in bot form) could be an option as well.

This is really just in the pre-planning and brainstorming stages. I'm just wondering if anybody out there would be interested in working on a project like this. With enough support, I'd consider taking it to the next level and actually start building it.

Myself and the people I've spoken with aren't coding gurus, and to a degree we might actually prefer people with a little less experience.. HOWEVER, The project would be open-source, and anybody who wanted to submit patches could contribute to the project.

Anybody think this is a good idea?

Edited By: General Earl on Nov 15th 2011, 4:57:25
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!