Verified:

Monex Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 20:43:32

Posted by kalick on another post thought this should have its own topic.
Originally posted by Kalick:
Yes, I think everyone agrees that Team server is not working as intended. But I think the game admins have bigger things on their plate than this server, so I wouldn't expect it to be fixed by them. And I don't think WoG, TSO, or DBD are going to fix it either =p

There has been alot of talk recently about spirit of team server and how to enforce it. It is would realy not be that hard of a fix imo (If it is the majority of the server wants to)
We could try it next set if enough people are interested.

(Everyone could even keep their team/clan sights that they have now they would only act as a social center for friends/allies.)

How it could work assuming (TSO is on board).

We create a boxcar site for "sprit of team" all people/teams interested can join no country numbers or EE API Key's will be entered.
This will act as a central hub for kill runs against teams not in support of "spirit of team" and for FA matters between participating tags.

All tags have independent names no themes allowed any 2 or more tags with the same theme are killed out of the gate.

We create and enforce a basic kill policy / Grab policy server wide.

I.E (Rough draft and would need work)

A Tag is defined as a group of 3-5 countries that are actively playing turns.

Fail to meet the minimum of 3 active members and you will be considered untagged and have no courtesies extended to you.

Be found guilty of exceeding the maximum of 5 active countries working together and you will be killed by the "spirit of team" coalition

Retals will be taken on a Tag:Tag only unless a police hit is authorized at a time of war.

Kill runs will be done Tag:Tag basis only with exceptions.
1. A multi tag war is prearranged (prearranged wars may consist of any number of tags of agreed upon by participating parties. Allies may not be called in.)
2. 2 or more teams are not abiding by the "spirit of team" rules.
3. If a tag is FSed they are allowed to call in 1 ally tag. If the defending tag calls in 1 ally the attacking Tag will be extended the same privilege. No More than 1 ally tag per side may be called under any circumstance.

A Tag will not Landgrab another tag if that tag has been the subject of 3 or more grabs in a 48 hour period from a combination of 2 or more separate tags until 24 hours after last hit.

Example 1:
Tag A farms Tag B 5 times
At this time Tag B is open for grabs to all members of Tag A and All Members from Tag C-Z
Now a member from Tag C Farms Tag B 5 times
At this time Tag B is open to land grabs from all members of Tag A and the single member from Tag C that farmed them.
Tag D-Z must wait 24 hours after last hit to grab.

Example 2:
A member of Tag A grabs Tag D 1 time
A member of Tag B grabs Tag D 1 time
A Member of Tag C grabs Tag D 1 time
All above hits were in a 48 hour period
At this time Tag D is only open to grabs from the individual members of Tag A,B,C that did the grabs
All other members of Tag A,B,C and all members of tags E-Z must wait 24 hours after last hit.

The short version if a Tag is being farmed by another Tag or has been the subject of 3 grabs in 48 hours from separate Tags stay away from them for 24 hours.

Any violations of above will be brought to attention of "the spirit of team" coalition. Mistakes do happen and will be addressed accordingly. Repeat offenders will be killed.

All individual tags are encouraged to enforce any retal/kill policy they choice, as long as it does not interfere with the rules outlined above.
I.E L: L 1:1 1: kill is at the discretion of individual tag but it may only be enforced by that individual tag.

In closing
There are anough blood thirsty people here that can enforce all the initial killing. Netters would only need to follow the rules and not have to worry about the random killing that will happen at first.

Thoughts?

Edited By: Monex on Jan 22nd 2012, 22:48:09
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
[url=https://www.torn.com/1994581]Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG[/url]