Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 8th 2013, 2:35:21

Yeah, the only thing I'll add is that the "leaderboards" will now mostly consist of unreachable statistics (the NW ones and Best 3) once the rolling changes goes into effect.

No blid, you don't understand the game until you actually play a reset or two in clan servers, the grabbing environment is completely different, and a very different set of skills is required (market watching/studying via various external tools, DR camping/calculation, news watching for suiciders, reselling goods in a much more larger and thus stable market, are just a few). Another key difference is in warring strategies and warring builds and how to manage and coordinate that together as a clan.

The land situation is so different and that makes Commie Indies the weakest strategy on clan servers (apart from oilers), and techers the strongest - until landtrading became rampant. In fact, the game originally was popular because of the clan servers, and the clan servers were the default game.

I'll even go as far as to say that a top 10 player on clan servers is likely to be a top 10 player on solo servers. But not the other way around. An example is oldman, he finishes top 5 on solo servers consistently, but has never made top 10 on alliance - land is that hard to get without requiring a large timesink (I'm sure someone will argue that spending more time on a game doesn't mean the player is more skilled, it just means he has more time, but most games reward the player that does put in more time (such as the old market camping before SOs were introduced - you can still market camp for goods above SO prices)).

Edited By: Xinhuan on Apr 8th 2013, 2:44:42
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit