Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 22nd 2014, 1:05:07

Hi All,

This shouldn't really affect people much, however, I thought I'd announce it in case something funny happens, and, perhaps, to show that I'm still actually doing stuff, albeit slowly :) Been a bit busy lately.

Anyway, I merged the country-creation of FFA & non-FFA countries into a single function, and *FINALLY* made it object-oriented (it was the last holdout of the original code that should have been OOP but wasn't).

I needed to do this for the AI-API project I've been working on (artificial intelligence API -- ie for admin-run bots/NPC's).

And for tourney people, I had to go through all of slagpit's old tourney-level-creation code, so I actually understand what he was doing; that means I *could* potentially modify it now, if there's interest.

It's possible that FFA restarts might have less turns in some cases, as I think it may have had a minimum of 72 hours of turns for some reason, though that may have actually been a bug in the code....

Regards,

-qzjul & the EE Dev Team
Finally did the signature thing.

Raging Budda Game profile

Mar 22nd 2014, 1:36:37

ah...I see this now. In FFA, up until a few hours ago, you restarted with the turns you had + 72 turns. This is no longer the case as QZ's announcement and my restarts attest . On empirical evidence, FFA works like alliance now, you restart with turns you had upon death.

Why this change was implemented during the set is beyond me though. From the past changes, I thought formula and other changes along the lines of this one were announced and implemented during the reset break.
Your base is mine!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 22nd 2014, 1:54:59

Well, it's not really a rules change... I'm merging two major pieces of code into an object -- I could add 72 turns to FFA, but it seems like that was a bug tbh....

elvesrus

Mar 24th 2014, 1:01:32

how close is the project to being thought about for live use?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 4th 2014, 21:48:28

Quite a ways, still don't have it finished just for an AI server even.