Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2015, 22:39:59

Originally posted by Requiem:
Also if Pang was such a game designing genius he wouldn't have just copied a game he would have invented a new game. Nothing against Pang but he is no innovator just an imitator at least as far as EE is concerned. And you can say some things have been changed, which they have, but there are very very few differences between the game we play now and the game that Mehul invented in 1999 and the game play is virtually identical.

OK, so I don't remember claiming to be a game designing genius... I helped put this game together so an online community that was a big part of my life at the time (and had been for over a decade) would continue. I've never really been much into app dev and that's where you need to be in this day and age to be anything more than an hobbyist in that industry. But thanks for the random hate! :p

I think you're forgetting the purpose of what our project was: improve all the things that annoyed us about E2025, continue the legacy and keep the community together. We weren't that interested in crazy new ideas and really the only item we DIDN'T get done that was planned with the initial build was to build a more modern UI to make it more accessible for mobile (and Facebook, at the time...).

However, I'm confused by your post. Since you feel I'm not good at designing games in terms of creating the rules and mechanics for the game, wouldn't you want me to focus my time on a UI redesign project that would run in parallel to any work others would do dealing with mechanics changes? Do you like the current UI? It also hasn't really changed in 20 years in terms of its crapiness. There's plenty of changes when you actually objectively compare the two games but that's part of what I like about a lot of our changes: they were so good you don't even remember a time when they weren't there. :)

Anyway, did you have a bad day/week at work? That's a lot of random negativity on a Friday afternoon.

Edited By: Pang on Apr 24th 2015, 23:02:31
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com