Verified:

DancingBear Game profile

May 16th 2015, 19:45:08

i am also considering "solutions" - actually i am looking for one and nothing is coming

and i am not sure this even can be problem on non solo servers, e..g. colusion on a solo server is just good team work elsewhere

technically and structurally, i can imagine it easier to address a "fix" for the issues from the order side, i.e. making minimum standing order prices that are vetted and enforced from the Orders screen - picking good minimums might be enough to reduce the value of rhe exploit to where it isn't really worth it

but i think these issues derive from the definitions of how the earth market functions, i.e. goods coming to market are not sold to the higgest bids available at the moment they arrive (as per a market sell order in a real stock market), but instead are sold for the asking price into the SO queue ... and i don't really see a way to preserve that overall architecture, preserve the ability to "fight in the market" over prices, supply and income, and fully eliminate the potential for abuse on solo servers

... but i'm workin' on it ...

:)

ke say a market sell order does in a real stock market