Verified:

Kingme Game profile

Jul 8th 2016, 15:06:32

The change to the bots has really changed the complexity of this server. It seems easier...

Xninja Game profile

Jul 8th 2016, 15:07:36

There are bots???
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 8th 2016, 15:28:49

I think most have gotten a little more stupid. They get spies now and no defense.
Just shut up and have another beer

Kingme Game profile

Jul 8th 2016, 15:47:22

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
I think most have gotten a little more stupid. They get spies now and no defense.

Noticed the same... i'm wondering if something in their logic is telling them to get spies before military now.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 8th 2016, 19:28:02

qz changed code bit and all bots (not just commy bots) get spies now.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Kingme Game profile

Jul 8th 2016, 19:39:06

Originally posted by Marshal:
qz changed code bit and all bots (not just commy bots) get spies now.

Spies are great... but they are spending waaaaaaaaaaay too much energy and resources getting them as opposed to defense. I'll post in the AI board so we can look at this more.

drkprinc Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 5:11:46

lol they only build 2 -3 bpt worth of indies. they are probably spending too much on tech and growth, because express is so short timed they don't get upto speed like the other servers.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

the Temple

Jul 9th 2016, 6:08:49

There seem to be 4 or 5 each set with no military at all. Even if they're building spies it's no good because you don't have to spy them, you just have to try an attack with 100 jets and see if they break. You don't even risk losing turns since the number is so low your military refuse to hit a bot with even minor defences

Kingme Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 6:56:40

Originally posted by the Temple:
There seem to be 4 or 5 each set with no military at all. Even if they're building spies it's no good because you don't have to spy them, you just have to try an attack with 100 jets and see if they break. You don't even risk losing turns since the number is so low your military refuse to hit a bot with even minor defences

That's and old school OOP trick for solo servers I used.

drkprinc Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 7:02:30

yeah qz tweaked the bots to emphasize growth more, he might have to make a separate code for express.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

clintonista Game profile

Jul 10th 2016, 23:14:00

Bots have fundamentally altered the game. I love the fact that I got to 40 Million jets this set (counting tech and country enhancement). I also love the fact that I captured over 60K acres in less than 24 hours. However, I agree with kingme that the game is less challenging with this many weak bots.
I am sure the bots will improve and this unusual game situation will be temporary.

40 Million jets, love it!!

Kingme Game profile

Jul 10th 2016, 23:46:50

Originally posted by clintonista:
Bots have fundamentally altered the game. I love the fact that I got to 40 Million jets this set (counting tech and country enhancement). I also love the fact that I captured over 60K acres in less than 24 hours. However, I agree with kingme that the game is less challenging with this many weak bots.
I am sure the bots will improve and this unusual game situation will be temporary.

40 Million jets, love it!!

And what good did it do you? You didn't get to use any of them to finish well because you were killed.

clintonista Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 0:20:04

I was killed after my last possible attack. After I had squeezed all the possible enjoyment out of the game.
To me that is the same as not being killed, I lost 22 turns none of which could have been an attack.
I will take that every set. Gladly.

mrford Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 0:22:28

So, not only are you wrong all the time, but you play like a douche too.

Not too suprising I suppose. You should probably go back into hiding before I have to prove you wrong again.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Kingme Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 0:48:18

After I had squeezed all the possible enjoyment out of the game.

So you enjoy just being a pain in the ass and ruining others hard work. Noted.
At no point was your little e-peen boosting country ever going to finish well, you were the equivalent of a tick or mosquito. Merely a nuisance to others. Why do you even bother playing?, we won't miss you. I promise.

clintonista Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 1:43:36

Check the stats.
I was ranked fourth with twelve hours to go.
I was targeted by a random suicider who blew up thousands of acres with more than a dozen missiles.
So I could easily have finished top ten once again but for the random suicider.
Finishing top ten on a regular basis is not ruining other's hard work whatever that means in a game setting.
Verify it yourselves. Do not be too lazy to research as you are on the other matter.

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2016, 1:47:15

Lol so ure the noob playing all-jetter dict techer I suppose.

This is just a game and we all enjoy it in our own ways. As much as I hate topfeeds, I have met some skilled players who play it well as a strategy and they put land to good use.

As for you, what good is grabbing to 30k land as a techer with less than 300 turns left in the game.
You have a bpt of 45 and more than 17k unbuilt and not the income to build them.

If being a nuisance to others is how you enjoy the game, we really can do with less players like you.

Scott Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 1:52:09

Check the stats.
Do not be too lazy to research as you are on the other matter.

You mean how you are with your bullfluff accusations? Make them and try to find facts to support later? You are a freaking joke. Please just quit the game.

drkprinc Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 1:59:00

guys bare with me I'm smoking some dank ass fluff,

but but but

WHAT IF!!!???

Clint is really an advance AI bot made by QZ and is just a beta test!

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Scott Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 2:00:35

Originally posted by drkprinc:
guys bare with me I'm smoking some dank ass fluff,

but but but

WHAT IF!!!???

Clint is really an advance AI bot made by QZ and is just a beta test!

He would be worse than the previous beta bot, Marshal, and should be destroyed.

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2016, 2:03:20

Marshal is the coolest bot who should not be replaced ever. lol

Scott Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 2:06:55

Originally posted by Relax lah:
Marshal is the coolest bot who should not be replaced ever. lol

He has been programmed to spam more than one word responses. It still generally makes no sense, but the bot tries it's hardest.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 2:29:44

So clintonista is the fiend. It's not much of an accomplishment to make top 10 nowadays, but the difference is you don't play to win, so don't even try to hide behind that...you play simply and solely to screw over, frustrate and annoy others who do play to win and enjoy playing that kind of game. You didn't grab for the sake of building your own country up...you did it simply to drag others down. You do all that and then have the gall to boast about it? You, sir, have a freight train of all of it coming back to you, I'd suggest getting out of the way.

Doing 6 PSs on someone with 40k land with about 225 turns left isn't even of benefit to you, especially as a techer. You don't consider that ruining? You're full of it. You're here just to agitate. You should leave; try Pogo, it's free.

mrford Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 3:14:16

You don't even know the half of his bullfluff.

He is a joke. Everyone knows it but him.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 23:37:32

I vote to have ford kill this hobo's country every set he starts that b.s. and in exchange for his services we can add a stat tracker for server kills. He can be a sort of, Express Server Sheriff.

Kingme Game profile

Jul 11th 2016, 23:46:09

Originally posted by ssj4goku17:
I vote to have ford kill this hobo's country every set he starts that b.s. and in exchange for his services we can add a stat tracker for server kills. He can be a sort of, Express Server Sheriff.

He's already been doing that

mrford Game profile

Jul 12th 2016, 0:09:11

Yeah. I kill those that over farm my server landfarm.

Greedy people need to learn to share!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Jul 12th 2016, 1:09:33

Well, yea there's over-farming your server, but I mean to target those who merely seek to bone the whole server, like this clinto guy did last set. Hire ford to hunt down and kill the EE thugs!

mrford Game profile

Jul 12th 2016, 3:11:47

Only if i get paid in beer and bacon jerky.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Kingme Game profile

Jul 12th 2016, 4:28:16

I was going to offer a dutch rudder... your loss.

vatzooland

Jul 14th 2016, 6:13:32

bot me

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 16th 2016, 17:41:37

Kingme: which set would you say the bots were best in? Can you peek at the differences in code between then and now? (and comment on the AI board? =D )
Finally did the signature thing.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Jul 17th 2016, 21:26:11

I noticed this set the bots spent entirely waaaay too much money on tech. It kept the tech prices unreasonably high just about the whole set and they wouldn't stop buying. I was getting spy ops on bots with 850k combined tech for bus/res and only 1.3mil turrets for military. Also, at their land so much of that tech is just waste. Also, they're buying tech at $3300-$3500 with about 1 day left. This is an extreme advantage if you happen to be a techer...let's see final nets for techers

humicroav Game profile

Jul 18th 2016, 16:14:45

I name most of my countries after whatever music I'm listening to at the moment.

This last Express set I was listening to "Take Five" and named my country that. I think a lot of people thought I was a bot and to attack me 5 times.
ur mom playz erf2025

Kingme Game profile

Jul 18th 2016, 16:30:28

Originally posted by humicroav:
I name most of my countries after whatever music I'm listening to at the moment.

This last Express set I was listening to "Take Five" and named my country that. I think a lot of people thought I was a bot and to attack me 5 times.

I'm 100% guilty of that. I was the one that exchanged messages with you about it. I felt horrible. You owe me a fatty retal any time. Thanks for being understanding this set.

Hammer Game profile

Jul 18th 2016, 17:04:11

Could the latest adjustments be the issue with the public market having $80-100 turrets and jets the first 3 days of the game? This has occurred the last 2 weeks (I didn't play 3 weeks ago, so could have then as well), but seems to be when bots began having spies and more tech. The market finally somewhat gets to "normal" on Saturday and Sunday, but something freaky has been going on the last few weeks.

I'm hoping it is the bot adjustment and not a group of people manipulating it for fun as we have had in the past.

Originally posted by ssj4goku17:
So clintonista is the fiend. It's not much of an accomplishment to make top 10 nowadays, but the difference is you don't play to win, so don't even try to hide behind that...you play simply and solely to screw over, frustrate and annoy others who do play to win and enjoy playing that kind of game. You didn't grab for the sake of building your own country up...you did it simply to drag others down. You do all that and then have the gall to boast about it? You, sir, have a freight train of all of it coming back to you, I'd suggest getting out of the way.

Doing 6 PSs on someone with 40k land with about 225 turns left isn't even of benefit to you, especially as a techer. You don't consider that ruining? You're full of it. You're here just to agitate. You should leave; try Pogo, it's free.

This is all too common on this server and I have commented on it several different threads. Many noobs are doing this - that is their game, just as market manipulation is for some - but I would bet my right nut Clint is a veteran who is having fun by exploiting perceived weaknesses of the game (ie: things that shouldn't be allowed to happen). But, he's doing it by hurting good people who may only play one server and want to be competitive. Uncool.

When everyone decided this should be a solo server and voted against having allies, I posted many times that I felt the game would decline due to (a) inability of meeting new people, (b) noobs inability to be allied with people who can teach them to play well, which is how I learned. Still working on the playing well part. And, (c) people who don't know how to play, or who are just bored with netting, having an easier path to suiciding others.

I already had my friend base, but for those who just found the game, their game is to ruin others' after they become frustrated trying to learn how to net without a friend/ally to mentor them, or after being bottom fed week after week.

I hope I have communicated that clearly. Also, while I was opposed to dropping the allies, I will say again that I actually like the direction of the solo server with the exception of those who are not trying to learn to play where I was once opposed to it. Still, I think it is unhealthy in the long run for the game. When fortunate to ally with good players, I was able to ask questions, watch their military balances (how they controlled expenses) and also felt an obligation to learn to play at least as well as they did.

Again, this is not Clint. In reading his posts, he is an experienced player and may have an agenda with the game mechanics. Remember the earf character, his comments, and play style? Stop giving him attention and he will go away.

Regardless, hurting people who want to compete is uncool regardless of who does it.

Originally posted by humicroav:

They were taking 5 from you, eh humi?? Use Just Beat It and see if something good will happen for you! lol

Edited By: Hammer on Jul 18th 2016, 17:10:39. Reason: Corrected a bunch of typos.
See Original Post

clintonista Game profile

Jul 18th 2016, 17:35:50

My agenda is simple, take a dictatorship into the top ten week after week after week.

Does that mean I have to hit humans? yes it does.

We have not yet reached the point where bots are the only allowable targets.
My problem with the game mechanics is simple, the rules passed to stop cheating in May of 2010 stopped the cheating but left the game in tatters.
Hammer, the reason we can not have alliances is the same reason we have so many other poor rule changes,
people cheat.

My hope is that after six years of not being allowed to cheat, we can reinstate the original rules like alliances and the cheating will not resume. If we dare not touch GDI, we certainly can not reinstate alliances.

Scott Game profile

Jul 18th 2016, 17:46:12

My agenda is simple, take a dictatorship into the top ten week after week after week.

My problem with the game mechanics is simple, the rules passed to stop cheating in May of 2010 stopped the cheating but left the game in tatters.
Hammer, the reason we can not have alliances is the same reason we have so many other poor rule changes,
people cheat.

My hope is that after six years of not being allowed to cheat, we can reinstate the original rules like alliances and the cheating will not resume. If we dare not touch GDI, we certainly can not reinstate alliances.

You are so god damn butt hurt.....

Kingme Game profile

Jul 18th 2016, 20:14:43

people cheat.

Challenge accepted. I'll take a Dict to the top 10 WITHOUT hitting a human player... And more importantly without purposely hitting human players and stealing stock or topfeeding them all jetter style and exploiting DR.

clintonista Game profile

Jul 18th 2016, 21:41:50

Great.

It is so nice to have a challenge accepted by someone who is not going to cheat or pretend they succeeded when they actually suffered an hilarious epic fail.

Kingme Game profile

Jul 18th 2016, 21:55:48

@mrford BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I'll see what I can do, it might be tough. And... honestly there is a chance I screw up due to a country naming scheme. I goofed up this set and hit a human. I would think I can do it in a few sets though.

mrford Game profile

Jul 19th 2016, 14:55:42

Whenever Clint comes back to reality and stops making fluff up and failing to back his claims up I will take him seriously.

Until then he is nothing more than a pathetic loser who is extremely butthurt for some unknown reason.

Remember that time you spent a week claiming qzjul and pang said I cheated across multiple servers, waited a month to post proof, and your proof was some random thread that had no evidence whatsoever and my name wasn't even mentioned? Then you went into hiding for another month? Do you ever back up anything you say? You are a coward and you know it. You are so full of fluff your eyes are brown and everyone else knows it.

Edited By: mrford on Jul 19th 2016, 15:04:25
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jul 19th 2016, 15:07:11

Oh, and the only reason you think I failed your challenge is because not as much of an asshole as you and don't kill random countries. Hilariously the country I killed was a higher break than the top country. It was the only country in the top 5 that had farmed me, so it is the one I killed. Really simple logic.

Not to mention it only took me 15 hours, and your benchmark was 9 days. Only a retard like yourself would consider that a failure. Keep scraping desperately to be right about something. Even a broken clock is right 2 times a day. There is hope for you.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Hammer Game profile

Jul 20th 2016, 0:05:50

Originally posted by Hammer:
Could the latest adjustments be the issue with the public market having $80-100 turrets and jets the first 3 days of the game? This has occurred the last 2 weeks (I didn't play 3 weeks ago, so could have then as well), but seems to be when bots began having spies and more tech. The market finally somewhat gets to "normal" on Saturday and Sunday, but something freaky has been going on the last few weeks.

I'm hoping it is the bot adjustment and not a group of people manipulating it for fun as we have had in the past.

Portion from my post above....any ideas anyone or just coincidental that public market prices would be that cheap a few weeks in a row?

Kingme Game profile

Jul 20th 2016, 3:18:56

It probably has something to do with the fact that the only bots that can really get off the ground and do anything are the C/I's. They at least have some defense... The other ones are getting farmed into nothingness and even when they do get cash later in the set they're spending it on mostly tech.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 20th 2016, 13:36:38

military prices are VERY cheap in FFA too (even below tmbr's priv prices) while techs have been very high whole set.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Jul 21st 2016, 0:27:56

Clintonista is full of poo poo. You do not have to grab human players to get into the top 10, even as a dictator. Guys it's really not that hard to make top 10 if you even have half an idea of what you're doing. Your goal isn't to make top 10, it's just to piss people off and get under their skin. In fact, you'd do even better if you just grabbed bots because I see your news feed getting retal'd left and right, which hurts you. If you weren't such a prick you'd probably do better and end up with more land AND still alive.

And as for the bots, yes they are screwed up. They should be programmed to not even sell anything under $100(no Real player would), because all those cheap units they sell are gravy for other strats and it drags prices down for Indy's. Also, as I posted before, they're dumping so many resources into tech, driving the prices way up which drastically benefits techers(buying tech at $6-$7k? No real player does that), and makes it harder to get tech for others. At least the Indy bots are FORCED to make units and so they at least have them and also don't have as much unallocated resources to buy as much tech.

This difference in bots has really changed the game and I think it's needs to be undone. It's too much of a drag on indy's and boost to techers. Even as a casher it hurts because you desperately need to tech to compete with it and it's too scare or expensive

Marshal Game profile

Jul 21st 2016, 12:33:53

dunno if its bots or human players but there have been alot small batches of techs (few hundred to few thousand) on sale.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2016, 20:20:36

I just made $36m buying up $30 food and selling on my pvt for $34

Thanks!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Hammer Game profile

Jul 22nd 2016, 1:20:30

KoooooHHHHHHHHHH..............been missing you bro!