Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 20th 2017, 16:12:34

It is not hard to figure out, the hard part is figuring out when it is worth it compared to another way to jump, and that requires foresight into the future of the market and insight into what other peoples plans are in cases where is not an obvious choice.

The oil destock allows one to take all ones turns before jumping and therefore get more income, while sacrificing a few mil NW and a hundred mil dollars in the switch. The jump itself is either very efficient or very inefficient depending on the prices. If you buy food at $45 and oil at $260 you end up with ~$5m NW per $2b cash while if the prices are $36/$100 you get $8m per $2b which is pretty good. The strength however comes from using all your turns and decoupling yourself from the whims of the market.

For comparison:
Either way a max mil tech non-mbr non-theo gets like $7m /$2b and an non-mbr theo gets ~$8.5m with market commissions for dumped stock. A demo non-mbr gets around ~7.8m.
But you will start dumping stock early and lose a lot of production this way. Like I did this reset, I was making too much negative cash on the last 100 turns so I couldn't take them as my net income would have been non-positive.