Verified:

sinistril Game profile

Jun 9th 2017, 23:40:31

@Ivan
So the US should pay for the world's birth control because starving children? Not only is that not an argument, but I highly doubt you give a fluff about the world's starving children.

@Anti
1. I'll ignore the lie about letting in 0 refugees, but you did not address any arguments. You did not address the integration problem of refugees into western countries by saying it's "complex". How does letting someone into your country that cannot adopt your country's customs (ie, not raping women) and cannot succeed financially help them? Would more stable Middle Eastern countries with similar customs not be better for them? Nor did you explain how to properly vet people that are coming from places with few records that allow vetting possible. In fact, the only thing I can gather from your comment is you think there should be a travel ban on Saudi Arabia as well.
2. The financial data cited is not BS, actually. It is from an actual study. The argument that "other jobs will be created by signing into the agreement" is BS speculation. Not because it's not true that sure, jobs will be created no matter what we do, but those jobs are not guarantees and no one knows what the scope of those jobs could possibly be. But I did not refer to that data or anything Trump said. I'm trying to gather any arguments you made in this point but there's very little substance here. There are a lot of lies like saying China pollutes less than the US - not true and China is trending upwards. By the end of the agreement they'll be polluting 2 or 3 times more than the US. It's also safe to say that India will be polluting more while the US has been stable or reducing emissions for like 50 years and will continue to do so as the US green energy industry is HEAVILY subsidised. Things like every countries signed in - so? Not every country is actually doing anything in the agreement. I suggest you get familiar with what every country has pledged to do before arguing a moot point.
3. There is absolutely no evidence that would suggest that right now - not even close. I'll say this in caps in case your eyesight is bad: CONSPIRACY THEORIES ARE NOT ARGUMENTS.
4. Ok, seriously, now you're just rambling and did not address the point at all. I agree 100% the US should get out of the Middle East completely, though. I've been arguing this for years. Unfortunately, neoconservatives and neoliberals want to go in there and make more money or install democracy when no one in the Middle East wants democracy. They want Sharia Law. Let them have it. The fact that Trump left out article 5 means nothing. Actions speak louder than words and the fact that the previous administration completely ignored article 5 when Russia took Crimea is the only reason that discussion would be important in the modern day and age, which is all the more reason to have a strong NATO that meets its spending commitments outside the US. And yes, Iran was an ok place before US interference which is why I find it hilarious that the Democrats are upset that Russia might have tried to influence an election. The US has been dictating politics across the world for decades.

Anyways, you deal in a lot of conspiracy theories and insults and very little substance. I think you need to step back and look at whether or not your confirmation bias is getting the best of you. Acting like a US president has done nothing-at-all well is crazy, even Obama did some things well, even Bush did some things well, and so on. I don't think Trump is a wonderful president but he's not as awful as you think and if you think he's the devil, then the problem is probably with you.

Edited By: sinistril on Jun 9th 2017, 23:42:42
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.