Verified:

Teaspoon Game profile

Aug 7th 2017, 1:20:53

Not enough volume of oil moves on a lot of games to fix I suggest taking a a small% of the money that each country loses each turn that goes into oblivion maybe like 10% and make an equivalent amount that would need to be supplied by oil consumption.

Probably about 1 barrel for every $100 of expenses that would have been occurred.

This also then needs oil added at the right price on private market to remove oil glut and give baseline income for oiler.

So if a country had $100,000 per turn expense change that to $90,000 + 100 barrels or $80,000 + 200 barrels. The numbers would need tweaking but it would create a constant need for oil without really effecting to much else by demanding more volume especially when everyone is exploring.

Private market oil sell at $60. Buy at $?

Teaspoon Game profile

Aug 7th 2017, 1:26:48

In fact with less people playing food consumption could also be increased by the same mechanism.

These changes would make more volume of all goods go through the markets, basicslly it is putting some off the money that gets thrown out of the game into circulation and creating an economy for oil

DancingBear Game profile

Aug 7th 2017, 2:29:41

teaspoon, i think your central point is solid

the consumption of cash and bushels is built into every turn, but oil is consumed only by choice

the amount of cash or bushels consumed each turn is a formula that includes population, mil units, acerage, tech modifiets, government modifiers and more ... and if you go red, the result is a minor catastrophy

a similar formula for oil consumption could be developed. i would suggest incorporating population, productive acres, and mil units at a minimum. i would suggest that the penaties for insufficient oil be somewhat different, instead degrading the readiness of mil units and reducing productivity of buildings in a manner analagous to having insufficient population. of course the reduction in productivity could feed into a traditional cash or bushel failure.

the formula for base oil consumption will be difficult and contentious, as will be the matter of a private market for oil and its associated prices and volume

and don't forget potential government modifiers and maybe a new 'energy' tech that reduces oil consumption

but even if i think it might be difficult to get agreement on the nuts and bolts, i think it is a great area to explore

thumbs up!

Cosmo Game profile

Aug 7th 2017, 3:18:02

Yahoo something like 1-2% loss on all units, pop. goods,etc.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 7th 2017, 13:17:02

yea it'd make players who buy billion barrels of oil angry since it'd consume their precious oil and also would make wars bit more difficult.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DruncK Game profile

Aug 7th 2017, 16:26:01

I think this is going somewhere, I like it.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 7th 2017, 18:15:16

1st allow selling oil at priv on express, then burn oil to get more pm units, then this.

DruncK Game profile

Aug 7th 2017, 22:48:12

I don't agree with burning oil for units. I believe if they had chosen this option there would be no need for such a weird ass strategy to be introduced.

Cosmo Game profile

Aug 7th 2017, 23:13:10

I agree, the Troops should burn on BEER!

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 7th 2017, 23:54:23

Originally posted by Cosmo:

those boots don't get shined without crude oil!

also those troops are not walking to the fight they are taking transports.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Cosmo Game profile

Aug 8th 2017, 0:14:38

Originally posted by drkprinc:
Originally posted by Cosmo:

those boots don't get shined without crude oil!

also those troops are not walking to the fight they are taking transports.

That was an inside joke for anyone that" s ever played ALLOUTWAR. You actually had to keep troops supplied with beer and cictizens with cigs,lol. If you ran out during turns you lost a ton load and ruin your set!

Marshal Game profile

Aug 8th 2017, 19:14:21

Originally posted by DruncK:
I don't agree with burning oil for units. I believe if they had chosen this option there would be no need for such a weird ass strategy to be introduced.

idea behind it was to boost up oiler strat but did it so or not is different thing.

Teaspoon Game profile

Aug 9th 2017, 1:03:42

I suppose if there was baseline oil consumption would have to start people with enough barrels to get them out of protection otherwise you would need to build rigs straight up.

DruncK Game profile

Aug 9th 2017, 13:24:10

Tanks and jets should use oil per turn. That would eliminate a lot of fluffin from tree huggers and make it harder for suiciders

Leto Game profile

Aug 10th 2017, 2:59:27

Cpuld be fun

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Aug 10th 2017, 21:03:19

Tanks and jets should use oil per turn. That would eliminate a lot of fluffin from tree huggers and make it harder for suiciders

I think this is actually a solid balance, and one that wouldnt hurt the early game netting. I think if you are on 0 oil and you run a turn, your readiness should go down (think less tanks to defend)
*Splat*

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 11th 2017, 12:45:12

50/50 indy/rigs suicider -_-

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

DruncK Game profile

Aug 11th 2017, 16:45:22

As opposed to 100% Indy that buys cheap oil in beginning of set suicider???

Marshal Game profile

Aug 11th 2017, 19:14:07

well 1st suicider makes his own oil.

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 13th 2017, 6:32:28

As opposed to 100% Indy that buys cheap oil in beginning of set suicider???

assuming OOP there is any oil on market other then express private.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Teaspoon Game profile

May 2nd 2018, 0:08:47

Still think this is a good idea 👍

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2018, 0:15:37

I agree with this idea as well. The # of military units should consume oil.. The part perhaps which would be unfair is to C/I though. So maybe add oil consumption 0% to their stats?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 2nd 2018, 0:20:54

Make it like every turn you lose 1% readiness if you dont have oil instead of gaining 3%? I dont think oil shortage should cause 3% of military to leave and your PCI to drop. some other mechanism.

But I do like the idea a lot

Teaspoon Game profile

May 2nd 2018, 0:56:55

I actually think there should be a base oil consumption tied to land so it's universal.. could do it to pop but that effects cashers unfairly.

Use the $10/acre land expense or part thereof to make the markets more fluid. People use oil to live 😀

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2018, 2:13:38

+1 Gerdler's readiness suggestion.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 2nd 2018, 20:52:21

Originally posted by Teaspoon:
Not enough volume of oil moves on a lot of games to fix I suggest taking a a small% of the money that each country loses each turn that goes into oblivion maybe like 10% and make an equivalent amount that would need to be supplied by oil consumption.

Probably about 1 barrel for every $100 of expenses that would have been occurred.

This also then needs oil added at the right price on private market to remove oil glut and give baseline income for oiler.

So if a country had $100,000 per turn expense change that to $90,000 + 100 barrels or $80,000 + 200 barrels. The numbers would need tweaking but it would create a constant need for oil without really effecting to much else by demanding more volume especially when everyone is exploring.

Private market oil sell at $60. Buy at $?

A better solution would be to have bots attack each other.
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 2nd 2018, 20:53:30

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Make it like every turn you lose 1% readiness if you dont have oil instead of gaining 3%? I dont think oil shortage should cause 3% of military to leave and your PCI to drop. some other mechanism.

But I do like the idea a lot

Boost readiness with oil is kindof an interesting idea.
Finally did the signature thing.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 2nd 2018, 23:34:15

Might not be enough to make all-xp buy oils tho.