Verified:

mrcuban Game profile

Apr 4th 2018, 14:23:19

Just wondering why the avg net worth stat is total NW divided by 10 members. Was it that it was this way in e2025 so it was brought over? I understand a solo man tag with a 200m county would have an avg net worth of 200m, but legit tags with 3 -6 players are still legit tags, surely it should be changed to min 3 players / total divided by the number of tagged members for clans under 10?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 4th 2018, 15:21:13

Any minimum and no minimum will screw someone over. In team server there is no minimum, I don't hear anyone talking about average NW there tho. It's always all about total and individual rankings.

This has been discussed at length recently on bugs and suggestions, so if you want to add to that please find that thread and voice your opinion there.

Edit: Heres the link, https://www.earthempires.com/...-for-tags-under-10-44305, go nuts! :)

Edited By: Gerdler on Apr 4th 2018, 15:38:18
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Apr 4th 2018, 19:27:17

it was that way in mehul's game.

and what gerdler said, some1 will be always unhappy.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 5th 2018, 3:25:51

The fact that someone will always be unhappy was a dumb reason brought up against expanding the college football playoffs to 4 teams, and it is a dumb defense here. There are better reasons to not lower the requirement than this bad excuse.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 5th 2018, 10:19:54

The point is that you solve don't solve a problem by lowering the minimum members to divide by, you just shift it over to some other people. Thats not a dumb defence, it's called seeing more than one side.

If theres a more elegant solution like a formula that doesn't so obviously favor a few groups over some other groups it would be ideal.

mrcuban Game profile

Apr 5th 2018, 11:17:36

Just saying PDM this set our APM on ee will hit over 70m which is pretty good for a 10 man average, but we're only 3. On eestats the actual avg nw is 220m nw average.

Makinso Game profile

Apr 5th 2018, 12:43:31

The formula was once created because anything under 10 members was usually considered a spamtag.

When that formula the smallest tags had at least 25 - 30 members if tags dropped under 20 they merged with others or into the top 10 tags. So yes the formula is kind of outdated. On the other hand I can also understand changing it with always scale into someones favor.

Tricky way to get a solution for it.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 5th 2018, 12:53:43

I think a solution would be to add X 0 NW members to all tags when calculating ANW. Equal numbers of members for the largest tags as the smallest tags, that way the game gives you less incentive to drop members and more incentive to reqruit or tag people up even lategame. The problem with such changes is going to be that what we list as the "average NW" will no longer represent the true average. So it will have to be well thought out then.

Havoc Game profile

Apr 5th 2018, 15:36:14

Median NW
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Leto Game profile

Apr 6th 2018, 1:09:45

I wish they would play earth instead of clash of clans

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 6th 2018, 4:30:11

Originally posted by Gerdler:
The point is that you solve don't solve a problem by lowering the minimum members to divide by, you just shift it over to some other people. Thats not a dumb defence, it's called seeing more than one side.

That is great, but it was in response to me saying that this was the least effective side of a multi-sided issue when I said:
Originally posted by Viceroy:
There are better reasons to not lower the requirement than this bad excuse.

There are a lot of reasons to leave it in place as is, just as there are a myriad of reasons to change it. However, the fact that there will always be a system that some enterprising players will be able to game is not, in an of itself, an acceptable defense of this or any system. It is a scare tactic that hinders the identification (and later, the acceptance) of logical, well-reasoned, and appropriate changes.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

drkprinc Game profile

Apr 6th 2018, 5:25:20

just make it divide by players in the game as a whole tagged or not.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Marshal Game profile

Apr 6th 2018, 13:49:56

if you mean by server then 2 players tag's 200m anw divided by ~500 is wee bit less than that same 200m anw divided by 10.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 6th 2018, 14:22:40

So the average NW standings will be identical to TNW standings. So in other words; Remove the ANW column. Well it is an original thought, I give you that DP. :P

Marshal Game profile

Apr 6th 2018, 14:30:49

while on it remove tnw too.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 6th 2018, 16:42:32

Originally posted by Havoc:
Median NW

I could make a median NW ranking ;)
Finally did the signature thing.

m0bzta Game profile

Apr 6th 2018, 16:58:11

Originally posted by qzjul:
Originally posted by Havoc:
Median NW

I could make a median NW ranking ;)

i dare you
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

mrcuban Game profile

Apr 6th 2018, 21:11:52

The reality is the minimum 10 division for AVG nw isn't really suitable now.

EVO, PDM, LCN, TIE, Imag are all legit tags with history but all below 6 members.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 6th 2018, 22:16:31

Let's add a category for all people named Derrick in your tag. Elders win 1-0!

drkprinc Game profile

Apr 6th 2018, 22:20:18

Originally posted by Marshal:
if you mean by server then 2 players tag's 200m anw divided by ~500 is wee bit less than that same 200m anw divided by 10.
So the average NW standings will be identical to TNW standings. So in other words; Remove the ANW column. Well it is an original thought, I give you that DP. :P

lol fluff what I meant was take the server whole of players by number of clans to get an avg to divide the ANW by.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Marshal Game profile

Apr 6th 2018, 22:23:18

some1 bring n00bprince to english dictionary.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 6th 2018, 22:48:44

Originally posted by drkprinc:
Originally posted by Marshal:

lol fluff what I meant was take the server whole of players by number of clans to get an avg to divide the ANW by.

That will still be identical to total NW.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 6th 2018, 22:54:12

How about this: change it to divide by whichever is the higher number of 5 or 'the highest number of members the tag had during the reset'. That removes completely the incentive to drop members as well as keeping with the times of smaller tags, and the 5 man limit will still require several people in order to sabotage any would-be-winner of ANW.

Ivan Game profile

Apr 6th 2018, 23:07:16

cant believe that ppl still care or ever cared about avg nw lol

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 7th 2018, 1:16:05

^How about avg sandwiches consumed per member

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 7th 2018, 5:59:25

Originally posted by Ivan:
cant believe that ppl still care or ever cared about avg nw lol

And I couldn't believe that people wanted me to get mad enough to seek revenge when my netting tag was blindsided on team a couple years ago, yet here we are.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 7th 2018, 14:14:22

It doesn't matter how they calculate it, there will be pro's and con's to almost any method they choose. We could always make our own ranking site and calculate them anyway you wish! The beauty of this game is success is gauged by whatever you want it to be.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 7th 2018, 14:40:21

Nope it's networth.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 7th 2018, 14:50:42

Well yeah I should have been more clear. TNW, ANW, Top Player, whatever else. I personally like to have the most top 10 as a good measure. Used to be top 100 when competition was better.

Edited By: Requiem on Apr 7th 2018, 14:53:20

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 7th 2018, 20:00:40

:)))

TipDaVampire Game profile

Apr 8th 2018, 17:33:17

Yeah, bonus