Verified:

HellraZor Game profile

Apr 12th 2018, 19:38:17

I cant find the thread or post I read it in but it pertained to spreadsheets for finding targets. If so is that possible and can it be programmed to find targets that are hit at different time intervals?

sinistril Game profile

Apr 12th 2018, 20:05:14

no idea what you're saying but
https://www.eestats.com/express
those in dr are shown
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 12th 2018, 20:15:28

http://www.earthgraphs.com lets you search targets
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

clintonista Game profile

Apr 12th 2018, 23:38:24

FYI

the DR count in eestats is always and forever wrong, like Ebert's claim that sharing his country name with his clan mates is not cheating.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2018, 23:40:05

Why would sharing your country name be cheating? Seems perfectly OK to me.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2018, 23:42:19

@HellraZor:

Programmed? Yes.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2018, 23:59:26

Originally posted by Celphi:

Gregg is stupid, you can't fix stupid.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

clintonista Game profile

Apr 13th 2018, 3:50:32

ok Celphi,
I respect you , so let us discuss this. I remember reading somewhere that you are a great chess player so let us go from there. If you can convince me that that sharing information that is not available in game is acceptable, then I will withdraw my complaint.

My only beef with you is that you have threatened to quit Express forever on numerous occasions but you always come back. I can relate.

I did not take this debate up with Mo Ron Ford when I had the chance in an earlier thread because he has a long record of saying that using the clan communication system to organize kill runs and share spy ops is perfectly acceptable and sporting. Others have felt that playing each others' countries was perfectly acceptable, "after all they are my friend's countries why shouldn't I help him?". I assume you would not slide that far down the slippery slope of clan involvement in solo servers.

I realize this is not the HoLaEcaust, not the ApocaLaEpse, not the Squadra azzura scandal, not MLB's doping scandal but it is none the less an advantage obtained outside the rules of a solo server and hence cheating. My position is that if you are using the clan technologies to obtain an advantage in a solo server, you are cheating.

First, let us lay out what I believe is happening based upon an in game message I received fro Elliot and the various responses from earlier threads. At the start of each Express reset certain friends tell each other what their country names for the purpose of ensuring that they do not attack each other. This conveys on the cabal participants a certain small amount of immunity from attack. If there are fifty humans in a reset and they tell five then ten percent of the predatory field will spare an individual player from attack.

So Celphi suppose A and B sit down to play a chess match. B has friends in attendance who advise him on which moves to make. This is a small advantage since after all B must make the ultimate decision and they are just friends after all. Some posters would argue A should have brought friends to advise him and hence shift the blame from the cheater to the victim's lack of friends for the result. If the friends advise B between games that is perfectly reasonable and acceptable but advice during a game is illegal. Celphi , I am sure you agree with that. I know the USCF does. The cyber bullies would say B was crazy not to bring friends and his inability to understand that is evidence of a Mo Ron level learning disability. B's statements that the rules do not allow for spectator participation are denounced as the ravings of a madman.

Laocoon has nothing on B.

Let us apply this reasoning to the remarkable 81k acre set.
The player who got that much land and begs us to recognize it as a legitimate record has never denied that he told other players his country name. We can assume from his silence on this issue that he did. If you check EEstats you will see he hit numerous human players none of whom retalled. Do the research yourself this post is long enough already. In addition of course there were many players who may have had the opportunity to attack that juicy target but did not. Celphi you know from experience that it is not at all hard to grab multitudes of acres, the difficulty is in holding them. Retals. policing and predators looking for fat targets hit legitimate players who have grown large. That difficulty is ameliorated when ten percent of the field will not attack a player under any circumstances even to retal.

Did the extrajudicial sharing of information effect the result? We will never know. Mark McGuire is in the news right now saying he would have hit 70 homers even without steroids. Our player says he could have gotten to 81 k acres even without the sharing advantage. Would Mark have hit seventy anyway? It is irrelevant actually and baseball refuses to recognize his record. I know many posters will disagree but I think MLB is right.

Celphi, please convince me otherwise, please convince me major league baseball is wrong. I would much prefer to think that the server is cheater free rather than my current mind set that self-delusional rationalizers are cheating without acknowledging it even to themselves.

Edited By: clintonista on Apr 13th 2018, 4:02:57

sinistril Game profile

Apr 13th 2018, 5:12:28

tldr; no one should know who plays which country in game, which is exactly why the creators of this game completely randomised country names. Oh wait...
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2018, 5:20:57

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Gregg is stupid, you can't fix stupid.

Originally posted by clintonista:

ok Celphi,
I respect you , so let us discuss this. I remember reading somewhere that you are a great chess player so let us go from there. If you can convince me that that sharing information that is not available in game is acceptable, then I will withdraw my complaint.

My only beef with you is that you have threatened to quit Express forever on numerous occasions but you always come back. I can relate.

I did not take this debate up with Mo Ron Ford when I had the chance in an earlier thread because he has a long record of saying that using the clan communication system to organize kill runs and share spy ops is perfectly acceptable and sporting. Others have felt that playing each others' countries was perfectly acceptable, "after all they are my friend's countries why shouldn't I help him?". I assume you would not slide that far down the slippery slope of clan involvement in solo servers.

I realize this is not the HoLaEcaust, not the ApocaLaEpse, not the Squadra azzura scandal, not MLB's doping scandal but it is none the less an advantage obtained outside the rules of a solo server and hence cheating. My position is that if you are using the clan technologies to obtain an advantage in a solo server, you are cheating.

First, let us lay out what I believe is happening based upon an in game message I received fro Elliot and the various responses from earlier threads. At the start of each Express reset certain friends tell each other what their country names for the purpose of ensuring that they do not attack each other. This conveys on the cabal participants a certain small amount of immunity from attack. If there are fifty humans in a reset and they tell five then ten percent of the predatory field will spare an individual player from attack.

So Celphi suppose A and B sit down to play a chess match. B has friends in attendance who advise him on which moves to make. This is a small advantage since after all B must make the ultimate decision and they are just friends after all. Some posters would argue A should have brought friends to advise him and hence shift the blame from the cheater to the victim's lack of friends for the result. If the friends advise B between games that is perfectly reasonable and acceptable but advice during a game is illegal. Celphi , I am sure you agree with that. I know the USCF does. The cyber bullies would say B was crazy not to bring friends and his inability to understand that is evidence of a Mo Ron level learning disability. B's statements that the rules do not allow for spectator participation are denounced as the ravings of a madman.

The player who got that much land and begs us to recognize it as a legitimate record has never denied that he told other players his country name. We can assume from his silence on this issue that he did. If you check EEstats you will see he hit numerous human players none of whom retalled. Do the research yourself this post is long enough already. In addition of course there were many players who may have had the opportunity to attack that juicy target but did not. Celphi you know from experience that it is not at all hard to grab multitudes of acres, the difficulty is in holding them. Retals. policing and predators looking for fat targets hit legitimate players who have grown large. That difficulty is ameliorated when ten percent of the field will not attack a player under any circumstances even to retal.

Did the extrajudicial sharing of information effect the result? We will never know. Mark McGuire is in the news right now saying he would have hit 70 homers even without steroids. Our player says he could have gotten to 81 k acres even without the sharing advantage. Would Mark have hit seventy anyway? It is irrelevant actually and baseball refuses to recognize his record. I know many posters will disagree but I think MLB is right.

Celphi, please convince me otherwise, please convince me major league baseball is wrong. I would much prefer to think that the server is cheater free rather than my current mind set that self-delusional rationalizers are cheating without acknowledging it even to themselves.

Case in point.

/Drop mic
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2018, 13:15:55

ok Celphi,

You sure do use alot of words to say absolutely nothing.
Just shut up and have another beer

Marshal Game profile

Apr 13th 2018, 13:25:16

dr count is wrong everywhere (its not even implemented to ghq or wasn't last time i asked it).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

VicVixvi Game profile

Apr 13th 2018, 14:11:49

So how far do you take this then? Everyone knows I sign most of my posts and in game messages with a "-v" at the end? If I in-game message another country and end it with an "-v" and that country doesn't hit me because they know who I am, am I now cheating?

Friends have little to do with my LG selection. Ask Catbus who I killed a few sets ago, KoHearts who I grabbed last set or even Ashe who I hit (but failed mutter, mutter) last set even though I knew it was him.

Where is the line? -v

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2018, 14:57:25

I don't know which country Xninja plays., however since by default your countries show on leaderboard I just look it up.
https://www.earthempires.com/profile/623/express

Oh look, he plays HachetUnderground. So now whenever I see that name, I know who he likely is.
No collusion. Free information.

This will certainly be my last set on EXPRESS until these bot changes get fixed. There's only one strategy that makes sense playing.

Is a conditional. The conditional was met, thus why I'm playing.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 13th 2018, 15:07:03

Its not forbidden to get defence if you dont want to be retalled. And because almost everyone was in GDI when I did my 3rd land record, that still stands, only those I hit and a few other in GDI could hit me. I had more defence than any of them could break, except you. I farmed you and you had the ability to get the jets to retal, do you remember that? Do you remember why you didn't retal?

Humanitarians stopped you, your NW was too low, I planned it that way. A lot of the others I hit eventually had the same problem. But they could not have broken me even if they wanted to. :)

So once again, if you were a better netter, you could have retalled me. but you had what? 200k NW too little? Thats not cheating, you could have had the biggest grab ever in the history of EE, but instead you failed at netting your way close to my NW.

Your land record attempts almost exclusively fail because you run 0 defence and expect people that you farm/bomb banks to not retal because its not worth it for them. Well newsflash, when you destroyed their resets and theres 2-3 hours left they are not gonna care what they spend 100-300 turns on as long as they ruin you.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2018, 15:27:27

If you examine the targets of the t5 players they're like 99% bots. So it really doesn't even matter who knows who is who anyways.

It wasn't that long ago when the leaderboards were showing who a player was in the current set.

clintonista Game profile

Apr 13th 2018, 15:30:00

neither kofH nor beer buddy were my target audience. If I were writing to a simpleton or a drunk who posts spy ops to the forum I would have written:

World of Warships
Ranked Battle
Your ally agrees not to fire upon any of his three clan mates on the other team
Cool or not cool?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 13th 2018, 15:34:09

Also Clint, only you recognice my land record, no one else cares. The game is about NW and thats a competition that most people participate in. The fact that I have gone for land 3-4 times and you have done it like 20 times does not really constitute a competition, more like a cat playing with it's prey.

In regards to sharing country names yes that happens, during that particular set I told like 4(?) people(ashe, ebert, Darkprince, relaxlah probably) in the last hours of the set, not before, and they could not have hit me due to GDI at that point anyway. If I told them before, that would not have constituted cheating anyway as there is no rule against that. Further, I did not hit them nor interact with them any way ingame. I made sure to interact with people who could not retal me, in any way that would hamper my chances. It's pretty easy to find people who cant break 10m or so turrets.

Every time I come to these boards you keep bringing up me and Ebert and Elliot as cheaters. With no deletions or proof to go with that it's just slander from a bitter loser. Focus on getting better instead and perhaps one day you will be so cool that some nub thinks it's impossible to perform that well without cheating.

user Game profile

Apr 13th 2018, 16:17:44

sheesh

clintonista Game profile

Apr 13th 2018, 17:04:32

Celphi,

c'mon. You have stated that you are quitting forever at least half a dozen times, some conditional, some not. You bring up only the most recent example not any of the others.

Your position is the only one I do not know on the world of warships analogy

Clint's position: clan memberships should not impact in any way the performance of a ranked battle

Mo Ron's position: the clansman has an obligation to his clan to organize kill runs against his current team

BeerDrinker's position: Clint masturbates left handed

DarkMorbid's position: It is good and right and just to assume control over a clansman's AFK ship.

You know who's position: Let us hack the clan website to see if they are cheating

Gregg's position: If a clan is cheating at ranked, it should be disbanded even at clan.

Pang's position: Let us have a party celebrating Gregg's destruction of the cheating clan and name the battle after him.

the mediocre mob's position: all that matters is xp, who cares how it was done?

Celphi, care to enlighten me?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2018, 17:25:56

@clintonista:

It's true, I have threatened to quit on numerous occasions. It's literally the only leverage a player has. My threats stemmed from $13 oil selling on public market to bots buying tech at $9000+. Some players just quit and give no feedback. That doesn't help the game.

I still don't see the benefit of me knowing who is ebert or who is gerdler when I don't attack players anyways. I only do it as retaliation.

Same goes for the players who you're accusing of cheating. Ebert doesn't attack players nor do Gerdler., so why does it matter if they know who is who? You're assuming they're not attacking one another because they are in the same clan on a different server, when in fact they don't attack players period.

Sure,. I would agree with you if these players were attacking every other player except their clan members, but that's not what's happening.

Players are going to conversations around the game. That's what makes this game fun. If there were no messages, no forums or conversations outside the game it would be a very boring game.

clintonista Game profile

Apr 13th 2018, 20:30:53

@clintonista
Ebert doesn't attack players nor do Gerdler., they don't attack players period.

Sure,. I would agree with you if these players were attacking every other player except their clan members, but that's not what's happening

if your premise were true, and none of the players in the cabal ever attacked humans, then I might concur.
Although I actually agree with the argument in the MLB case that cheating is bad even if the ultimate benefit is by its nature speculative. Sure McGuire might have hit 70 anyway but so what?

Your premise is conjecture, disproved by twenty minutes in eestats archives.
No one can get to 81k without attacking humans.

Edited By: clintonista on Apr 13th 2018, 20:45:37

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2018, 20:54:03

This is the second time left handed masterbation comes up and in different forums, I only visit two forums, ee and ratsun, WTF
(•_•)

The_Hawk

Apr 13th 2018, 20:55:00

Look.
If clan mates agree not to hit you but still hit others I in a solo server, its cheating or an unfair advantage.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2018, 20:58:34

Maybe if Clint would get a little strange once in awhile (switch to his right hand ) he wouldn't be so dang ornery all the time.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2018, 21:00:55

Maybe he needs his right hand to apply the lube....
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 13th 2018, 22:05:17

@clintonista
Ebert doesn't attack players nor do Gerdler., they don't attack players period.

Sure,. I would agree with you if these players were attacking every other player except their clan members, but that's not what's happening

if your premise were true, and none of the players in the cabal ever attacked humans, then I might concur.
Although I actually agree with the argument in the MLB case that cheating is bad even if the ultimate benefit is by its nature speculative. Sure McGuire might have hit 70 anyway but so what?

Your premise is conjecture, disproved by twenty minutes in eestats archives.
No one can get to 81k without attacking humans.

I attacked you, you couldn't retal, same with all the other ppl I attacked, there were plenty of players I did not hit, players in GDI that I didnt want to open myself up to because they had the ability to retal me, which you and my other targets didn't. It's called good target selection. I avoided hitting probably 35-45 players. Either to avoid being hit or because they were not worth it for me to hit. Are you saying because I have friends I have to hit them all? If I hit Ashe and got the land record in that run would you have said "ohh, hats Off you are clearly legit hitting your friends!"?

I attacked you, you couldn't retal, and I know that pisses you off lol. It triggers you so well. I hit you and you had the chance to make everything right in the world for you. Instead you blew it. That's not on me, thats on you. Wouldn't it have been a sweet hit? I did try my best to not hit people who could retal, and at that I was successful.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2018, 22:36:00

@clint:

Again, you're missing my point.

Players A, B, C, D, E all hit bots to get best networth score. Mainly because bots do not hit back.

Player F decide to deviate and hit players instead. How does Player F informing A, B, C, D, E who he is change their behavior? (A-E) are just going to continue hitting bots.

As Gerdler has explained, it's not hard to calculate whether a player can retal you back. If your income is 1 mil and mine is 10mil, (extreme example)., it's safe to calculate that I could attack your country multiple times without consequences. Especially if you have 0 turns stored and it's the end of the set.

Edited By: Celphi on Apr 13th 2018, 22:39:32

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2018, 22:48:38

Gerdy if you hit me and got land record clearly it would be cheating/collusion.

Ratski Game profile

Apr 13th 2018, 23:18:00

VicVixvi Game profile

Apr 14th 2018, 4:36:25

...and sometimes you gotta tap your friends just to let 'em know u r thinking of them, right Ashe :P

-v

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2018, 4:42:00

^ that! LOL
(•_•)

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2018, 10:56:55

lol

ebert00 Game profile

Apr 14th 2018, 13:21:24

threve times threve is swifty-five look it up.

whwn there were no bots I could understand that telling your clan mates your country it borderline cheating. however...until jealous little peons came along with the sole intent of ruining people's sets, I ran the same country name as do many people. it was easy for me to not hit ashe and many other country names I recognize before bots existed because I didn't want to be retalled. now I just hit bots unless retalling or hitting temple or Clint etc because I'm not netting.

mrford Game profile

Apr 14th 2018, 16:33:34

Clint is a case study in autism.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2018, 17:29:39

LOL
(•_•)

clintonista Game profile

Apr 14th 2018, 17:38:42

Celphi,

I am not missing your point, errant as it is.
I have not adopted a didactic tone with you, please do not do it with me.

I chose you for this discussion because I hoped you were that rara avis, an intellect on the Express forum.

I fear that I am guilty of over estimating your intelligence or your experience.
I thought your difficulties stemmed from the language barrier as English is clearly not your first language.

I thought a chess champion could understand logic, perhaps not.

I will try once more.

You postulate a set of humans who never under any circumstances ever ever hit humans no matter how weak the target, no matter how great the prize, no matter how low the danger of retal. You further postulate that they always each and every reset only net. That hypothetical is an absurdity. The premise is beneath your IQ.

Even Ebert, a guy who measures success in NW, admits that some sets he does not net and thus hits humans.
Preposterous postulate disproven QED.

"As Gerdler has explained..." wow. Can you not see the holes in his statements, the false assumptions and arrogance induced laziness of logic?

Celphi, you say along with Gerdler that a $!M income country can not retal a $10M income country.

Are you insane?
Drunk?
High?
Under the spell of a clueless madman?

Many a set where I have carried thirty or forty million jets (including multipliers) I have run huge Y deficits but can easily multi tap any player including the highest NW. The hits must pay for themselves. The hits must make up the countries Y deficits plus replenish food, fuel and jets. Fortunately, such targets abound.

Y is not the only measure of a country's ability to quickly obtain a military.
A country with $1M in Y with 80M bushels hidden on the market can mount a huge offense in four turns.
A country with $!M in Y with a solid SPAL can raise $300M in thirty turns.
A country with an available target can raise $500M in 5 PS attacks.

Do you really not know these truths?
I know you have gone jetter in previous resets, I assume you have experienced these successes.

Do not argue that Gerdler market spied all his targets and all of the non GDI countries on the server because not even MSNBC could sell that one.

All the flawed justifications, all the self-delusional rationalizations, all the smug half true posts can not change the fact that the conduct introduces group dynamics into a solo server.

catbus Game profile

Apr 14th 2018, 17:51:40

So this is my 6th week or so in...

Just to make sure that I'm compleeeeeetely caught up, when we decide not to net in a particular set, the goal is to identify and hit Clintonista, Temple, and Ratski, in that order, right? (assuming Ratski didn't get banned already from said set...)

Thanks!!!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2018, 17:53:08

Something like that!
(•_•)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2018, 18:00:31

@Clintonista

I only have one question. In all your supreme wisdom of EE why didn't you retal Gerdler's country?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2018, 18:02:17

Collusion!
(•_•)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2018, 18:02:32

If you doubt my ability to war I will gladly 1v1 you next set if you'd like. I prefer more action over talk anyways.

clintonista Game profile

Apr 14th 2018, 18:14:02

@Clintonista

I only have one question. In all your supreme wisdom of EE why didn't you retal Gerdler's country?

I was at church

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2018, 18:31:15

This is an amusing thread. Keep it up guys :)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 14th 2018, 23:21:28

Rofl, I watched all his NW movements he was trying so hard to get in NW range the part of the reset but no dice. In the end I calculated it as him having like 200k NW too little to retal me. It was either a case of misjudging how much more I could jump than him or he didn't fully grasp how tight the humanitarian range is at the end of the reset.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2018, 23:51:00

Which set was it Gerdler?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 15th 2018, 2:21:38

ranks:
https://www.eestats.com/express/oldranks/1523

me:
https://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/1523/82

clint:
https://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/1523/93

His NW movements at the end are taking turns and reselling military to try to get in position to take a big hit, in he end if he had just gotten 200k more NW or taken his hit a few minutes before he would have been able to get it off. Maybe he couldn't break at that point, I don't know. Or he was just greedy trying to match NW for better returns. But he was furiously active as you can see from his NW movement. It was very important to him.

He keeps bringing that set up as something very important to him. I don't, I was just fluffing around, lol. But he has to delegitimize my play in order to cope with it. I don't know if i should find it sad or hilarious.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 15th 2018, 3:05:35

If you study the NW movements of Clint and turn your head to the side just so, and squint a bit you can almost see the frustration, the anger, and the eventual hopelessness in Clints play even now.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 15th 2018, 3:15:21

Your position is the only one I do not know on the world of warships analogy

Clint's position: clan memberships should not impact in any way the performance of a ranked battle

Mo Ron's position: the clansman has an obligation to his clan to organize kill runs against his current team

BeerDrinker's position: Clint masturbates left handed

DarkMorbid's position: It is good and right and just to assume control over a clansman's AFK ship.

You know who's position: Let us hack the clan website to see if they are cheating

Gregg's position: If a clan is cheating at ranked, it should be disbanded even at clan.

Pang's position: Let us have a party celebrating Gregg's destruction of the cheating clan and name the battle after him.

qz's position: I came here because it was entitled Spreadsheets, and got into something about what I have no idea...
Finally did the signature thing.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 15th 2018, 8:49:19

^lol