Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 20th 2018, 3:57:19

Anyone who threatens to take the #1 spot from the normal crew always gets top fed / suicided.

I’m seeing the pattern over multiple sets. It’s one of the main reasons I rarely net.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Nerrus Game profile

May 20th 2018, 9:24:18

Aye, there are a few people actively doing this on Express too... I dare say it's the only way for them to get sexcited.
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 20th 2018, 22:19:06

I actually got quad-tapped this set too. and Ebert took 4 single taps. The triple tap on you hurt more, as it was NW matched and you had more land.

But yes it's difficult to hide with non-techer strats as you need to remain a target and also get a lot of land. Also the reason why I told you dict casher is likely better for netting on express than rep casher.

With techer I can limit the time during which I'm vulnerable to fluff like that. I doubt I could do that with casher. It's to a great extent why indy is the second most successful strat on express.

So basically, with techer I can limit the risk to 5-10 hours, while with casher, farmer, indy I would probably take bigger risks for 36 hours or more.

Solids control HAN Game profile

May 20th 2018, 22:34:19

well to #33 (express) , you are a true deff of a POS, triple tapped me took over 5k A and all I did was hunt bots. ill keep my eye out for u! I think we all need to set aside a good ole kill feast on for these player who just want to ruin it for those who want to net to finish.

ebert00 Game profile

May 20th 2018, 23:36:31

if someone triple tapped me and I was not still going to win I would kill them. solo kills are relatively easy in express. watch when they play and kill when they dont.

Riddler Game profile

May 21st 2018, 0:05:30

I definitely wont be netting this set. Geared for war plain and simple

catbus Game profile

May 21st 2018, 3:01:05

Interesting. First, great job to Gerdler for 80mm+! That is one impressive number… is it a record on Express?

Second, I don’t agree with Celphi. It seems like that of a sore loser/someone who cannot net well—before this set, I managed to finish top 5 (with one win!) in the last 6 out of 7 sets, with my first set being only a few months ago, and I didn’t feel remotely targeted outside of the normal randos (LamChoppy being one of them). If you know what you’re doing, you can finish T10, and even T5, and I played both techer and casher-- the top players are also super friendly and helpful BTW (and don't make excuses or insult others).

Third, this was a fun set—I was going to take it off, but apparently drunkenly registered a country. I considered it my “server integrity” set afterwards, and had some fun fluffing around with the worst of the worst, including the likes of “LamChoppy (regular double or triple tapper),” “Ratski/RatZilla/Ratman (biggest whiner here outside of clintonista and regular duper of accounts),” “blat (quad tapped me),” and in the end, #3, who rudely ruined Riddler early on for no reason, who I’ve found to be one of the most easygoing and nice people on this server.

And finally, let's all brace for a grammar mistake riddled response from Ratski! :)

VicVixvi Game profile

May 21st 2018, 3:30:26

Originally posted by ebert00:
if someone triple tapped me and I was not still going to win I would kill them. solo kills are relatively easy in express. watch when they play and kill when they dont.

Was a lot easier when earthgraphs was working. -v

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2018, 5:57:30

I gave up after I logged in to my country 360 (360) 3x lol

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 21st 2018, 10:04:01

I honestly think there are several players, 4-6, that play quite regularily but maybe not every reset with the intention of finding who is doing well and trying to ruin thier reset.

When I was quad-tapped I had 600+ turns, so no one in their right mind thinks a techer with 600+ turns is a good target to quad-tap, the purpose is clearly to ruin the country or drag it into a war that will ruin its chances to win.

I was considering a KR, or to farm him, or just to single-tap at matched NW but most of those options were taken away from me when he got ABed by someone else he offended. I could have still KRed I guess but I figured that was the offenders goal.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2018, 11:28:39

@catbus:
I'm not exactly sure where you bought your logic at,. but you need to demand a full refund.

I can't net well?
2 Javascript (#96) 21,730 $60,409,461 TG

Not to single Ebert out, because everyone does it, but players complain all the time. I'm not the only one::
https://www.earthempires.com/...ciders-44998?t=1525184746

I know who the player is and he's doing it specifically for the reason I stated. He just didn't know it was me. So I made the comment on here to call him out.

So in summary, continue to focus on netting and keep your 6-7 EXPRESS experiences to yourself., because you have no idea what you're talking about.

References:
https://www.earthempires.com/express/431/ranks

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 21st 2018, 12:13:51

I am #1 and I don't even play :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 21st 2018, 13:06:17

But Celphi:
Originally posted by Celphi:
Anyone who threatens to take the #1 spot from the normal crew always gets top fed / suicided.

First of this statement is a misrepresentation of what actually happens as last set I was farmed too in an attempt to get me off my netting game. Same thing happens to me maybe half to two thirds of my netting attempts on express, same with Ebert. So I'd say a more accurate statement would be: "anyone heading for a good finish is at an extra high risk of being targeted by suiciders, topfeeders and stock stealers" which would be an accurate statement for any server of EE and E2025 for at least 20 years.
It's the fact that a lot of people don't understand and therefore don't respect netting and instead feel threatened and jealous when seeing great countries or finishes. The game allows them to have a much simpler win condition, in that they can suicide someone better than them instead of making(and perhaps helping) these players improve at the game. I believe this has made thousands of players quit over the years.

Secondly, the statement can be interpreted as you saying that the 'normal crew' is helped by someone to win by taking out the competition. I think that is what catbus reacted to.
If you had not been forced into war your netting would have been greatly beneficial for all the techers. I would have finished above 81m most likely.

Thirdly, a great deal of what experience have taught me on express has been about how to protect myself from fluff in different ways. Indeed I have modified my play delay, my login times and my general strategy to reduce the time I'm vulnerable. I do not consider it an enjoyable or constructive part of the game in itself, as it sometimes makes my play times really tedious for me and sometimes forces me to play inefficiently; I rather consider it a necessity to be able do the things that I enjoy in this game and to make the griefers lose.

HellraZor Game profile

May 21st 2018, 13:42:06

I'm just thankful it's a game and I don't have't attend school or work with any of them ,if you know what I mean.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2018, 16:59:55

It's not a misrep.,,

I'm not taking away from the accomplishments of the best netting players of EXPRESS. I've seen set after set, Elliot, Ebert and you win sets with skill.

I'm also not suggesting, players who win do not get attacked.

Imagine you were part of a conversation where a player said, Who is country #blah? Is he LaF? No? Ok I'm going to attack him. That's what this posting is about. I'm just indirectly discussing it.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2018, 17:01:53

Originally posted by galleri:
I am #1 and I don't even play :P

:)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 21st 2018, 17:31:00

Well you are proposing a theory that can't be proved or disproved.

I guess that goes for my theory too though mine makes fewer assumptions.

I propose that a bunch of people want to target players that are doing well. I assume begrudgeing, envy and/or malice can be drivers.

I believe this explains part of their mentality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9gjW9RmkpY

They spy a bunch of people that look fat or good and they see someone they can break and who is doing really well, they realize a lot of work has gone into it and that it will bother the player if they hit him, which is a bonus.

I like my theory because;
a) No organization required.
b) It's what has happened on other servers and express before.
c) The proposed drivers are common human feelings and behaviors.

This last set you were the first to know my country number and when there was about 4-5 hours left Ebert asked me ingame if it was me so he was second to know. Everyone knows Ebert because of his name, but I didn't know beerdrinker for instance and he didn't know me. So if anyone wanted to hit non-LaFers for instance it would be difficult to find them. If LaF has a club where we share express country names/numbers at the start of every reset I have not been invited. It's not that we keep it secret from one another it's more that it would be too much of an effort and at least I am far too lazy for that.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2018, 17:43:28

I can prove it, because I have the screenshots. lol.

drkprinc Game profile

May 21st 2018, 17:46:10

just pay me my 1 billion bushels on alliance and I wont' wreck your set whoever wants #1 pay me 10 billion bushels and I'll wipe out all competition.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2018, 17:46:18

My point isn't to blast their name on this forums. If he wants to comment on here who he is that's all his decision. I'm just doing this the nice way. Keeping it indirect.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2018, 17:48:01

One of these days drk I'm going to take you up on your offer. :D

But 1 billion bushels?! Can we negotiate the price?!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2018, 17:58:53

Originally posted by drkprinc:
just pay me my 1 billion bushels on alliance and I wont' wreck your set whoever wants #1 pay me 10 billion bushels and I'll wipe out all competition.

/me waits for clint's reaction
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 21st 2018, 18:32:48

Just pay me in good food and I will make sure to delete everyone so you are the only top 5 left and you win :p

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2018, 19:25:49

^ woot!

I'll get you the Riddler's internet dish.

Nice ring to it too., lol.

Riddler Game profile

May 21st 2018, 21:07:56

galleri, I will send you some Brisket and maybe some pulled pork fresh from the smoker if I win first this round bahahaha

Marshal Game profile

May 21st 2018, 21:32:20

she means in advance not afterwards.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2018, 0:01:32

What kind of smoker you got?

I got an electric one. It is kinda cheating but being able to leave a shoulder in the smoker while you sleep is dope.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Riddler Game profile

May 23rd 2018, 17:34:59

Originally posted by mrford:
What kind of smoker you got?

I got an electric one. It is kinda cheating but being able to leave a shoulder in the smoker while you sleep is dope.

I dont cheat lol, I had a friend custom build one. Its small but it works out great.had a 24 pound brisket and 2 15 pound pork shoulder butts in it, get some good hickory or applewood smoking about 225 degrees....yep it takes awhile but well worth it.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2018, 23:24:50

Argh,. I'm hungry again...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2018, 0:06:13

Yup same here
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 24th 2018, 0:42:51

Originally posted by Riddler:
galleri, I will send you some Brisket and maybe some pulled pork fresh from the smoker if I win first this round bahahaha

You have to send it first! lol

Riddler Game profile

May 24th 2018, 2:18:30

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 25th 2018, 1:21:19

He sends photos....
YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

Riddler Game profile

May 25th 2018, 10:13:07

LMAO

Marshal Game profile

May 25th 2018, 13:48:50

actual thing not photos you dumbass. :P
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

SuperFly Game profile

May 25th 2018, 18:11:17

bonus point post

Riddler Game profile

May 26th 2018, 10:46:49

Originally posted by Marshal:
actual thing not photos you dumbass. :P

LoL at the thought of Marshal calling me a dumbass bajajajajajaja

THE CHEESE

May 27th 2018, 1:19:53

more importantly you should know that
I AM THE CHEESE!
I AM THE GREATEST CHARACTER ON THIS THREAD!
I AM GREATER THAN THE TOMATO AND THE LETTUCE COMBINED!

ebert00 Game profile

May 27th 2018, 15:23:10

amen cheese. even though I am lactose intolerant I completely agree. I will still eat cheese despite the consequences.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 27th 2018, 15:40:08

Most hard cheeses contain a very limited amount of lactose though. my nephew is lactose intolerant and have always been able to eat hard cheese ad libitum. If you are casein intolerant tho as well you gonna get diarrhea from any dairy.

Casein intolerants can eat whey protein though thats it.

drkprinc Game profile

May 27th 2018, 17:12:58

just be like me and eat anything and everything :)
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2018, 7:11:52

Originally posted by ebert00:
amen cheese. even though I am lactose intolerant I completely agree. I will still eat cheese despite the consequences.

Same here, however, there's an awesome delicious lactose free swiss cheese, you'll find it at cash & carry, it really is great!
(•_•)

Ratski Game profile

May 31st 2018, 5:29:59

Stinky Cheese. I all ready taxed stinky, Humm :)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2018, 3:08:40

Same pattern different set.. go figure.

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2018, 3:22:51

Haha I had a great start, but now I’ve wasted too many turns on someone who quad tapped me. I’ll just enjoy my weekend, have fun boys :)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2018, 0:07:52

Same thing happening this set too.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2018, 0:12:22

They went jet heavy to LG then sold jets.

Hammer Game profile

Jun 16th 2018, 14:37:53

Hijacking the topic for a second to say, "Hello, and have missed you guys," because it looks like almost all of my old friends on this one thread.

I played for one day last week, but am so out of routine of playing that I forgot I had created a country until Sunday. Trying it this week with a strategy that I'm not very good at, but seemed liked the right one. However, I also forgot about it and began two days late. Thus, the previous sentence...I had seen prices.

I hope to get back to alliance soon.

Hope you all are well, and take care of yourself.

Chris

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2018, 14:54:21

It's ok Hammer. It's good to see you. I was wondering where you went.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2018, 15:23:42

Hammer!
(•_•)