Verified:

Donny Game profile

Jul 9th 2018, 18:22:52

cut them down in FFA to 1/4th the amount.

Set minimums for military to be sold for commie bots

set maximums for Tech to be sold/ purchased for tech bots.

make tech bots spend ~75 % cashflow.

its a madhouse in FFA right now with these problems.
I first hand am abusing the bots with 8B cash on them.

the 7500-8000 bus res agr tech sales. are almost as ridiculous as the bots giving me 600M cash per PS.
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 9th 2018, 19:16:13

what minimums? prices or amounts?

if bots stop buying 8-9k techs then farmers should sell bushels much lower than 60 and oilers should sell oil at ~300.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Marshal Game profile

Jul 9th 2018, 21:01:11

wb dibs once again

drkprinc Game profile

Jul 10th 2018, 16:05:28

cutting the amount of bots down will just lead to new players being farmed off again, the amount of bots is equal to amount of players in same ratio as alliance.

the bots themselves need to be tweaked better to balance market out and not allow stock hunting like was years ago before they messed with the code.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

The_Hawk

Jul 10th 2018, 16:32:29

You can make the Techer bots stock food or oil and place Goods on the market at a higher rate.

You could play a whole set of ffa hitting Techer bots and out produce a 300k acre Theo casher.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

The_Hawk

Jul 10th 2018, 16:32:29

You can make the Techer bots stock food or oil and place Goods on the market at a higher rate.

You could play a whole set of ffa hitting Techer bots and out produce a 300k acre Theo casher.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 10th 2018, 17:35:34

I have a few ideas for tweaks to bots; I think bots should follow market demand though. I don't see why mins or max's should be put in place.

There could be better goal management though, I'll give you that.

Stockpiling is something I was starting to develop, it's significantly more tricky than you'd think though.... seems obvious but it's actually kindof a complicated situation.

Also, I'd like to point out that anybody can contribute to the bot scripts. Give me a pull request and I'll check it out!
Finally did the signature thing.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Jul 11th 2018, 16:47:18

i think its not all the bots fault. restart bonuses make wars pointless.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Marshal Game profile

Jul 11th 2018, 20:00:53

w/o restart bonuses wars would be over after few days if big enuf advantage.

Donny Game profile

Jul 12th 2018, 16:49:04

The problem is, with the amount of cash the tech bots have / and what bus res and agr sell at it makes no sense to play anything else , imp saw it this set with me. they would kill a15m nw country , and at turn 28 with restart bonus , and - round of farming it was back to 15m nw . I was literally making my restarts bigger every time they died on purpose . Now I am on county 68 , and have the biggest countries in the war. Doesn’t seem fair for them
ICQ-105967052

Donny Game profile

Jul 12th 2018, 19:01:37

Originally posted by qzjul:
I have a few ideas for tweaks to bots; I think bots should follow market demand though. I don't see why mins or max's should be put in place.

There could be better goal management though, I'll give you that.

Stockpiling is something I was starting to develop, it's significantly more tricky than you'd think though.... seems obvious but it's actually kindof a complicated situation.

Also, I'd like to point out that anybody can contribute to the bot scripts. Give me a pull request and I'll check it out!

mins and max's should be because there's no incentive to run commie now. AND, when a country dies he shouldn't be able to get 50$ troops.
ICQ-105967052

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 13th 2018, 2:24:53

I agree with Donny on min/max.

A player sets their prices on supply/demand but we adjust our strategy if a particular unit is no longer efficient to make/sell.

There should be mechanisms which allow bots to calculate the most profitable unit and produce those at a higher rate.

As a player I would never drop my prices as low as they do.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

drkprinc Game profile

Jul 13th 2018, 5:06:29

Originally posted by Donny:
The problem is, with the amount of cash the tech bots have / and what bus res and agr sell at it makes no sense to play anything else , imp saw it this set with me. they would kill a15m nw country , and at turn 28 with restart bonus , and - round of farming it was back to 15m nw . I was literally making my restarts bigger every time they died on purpose . Now I am on county 68 , and have the biggest countries in the war. Doesn’t seem fair for them

you only look big because you spend everything you got from them, I could recall the stock I made off the bots and jump right past you.

This is how the tech bots were just 2 years ago before bots were coded to buy tech, except back then the break was 25k-100k jets for 300m per hit.

I still think we should find a suitable stocking code for bots and even have them destock would be funny to see a bot in the top 10 now and then.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Donny Game profile

Jul 14th 2018, 4:21:39

Originally posted by drkprinc:
Originally posted by Donny:

you only look big because you spend everything you got from them, I could recall the stock I made off the bots and jump right past you.

This is how the tech bots were just 2 years ago before bots were coded to buy tech, except back then the break was 25k-100k jets for 300m per hit.

I still think we should find a suitable stocking code for bots and even have them destock would be funny to see a bot in the top 10 now and then.

DP i have 70B cash idk what you're talking about.
ICQ-105967052

sinistril Game profile

Jul 14th 2018, 5:55:21

The only problem is most of the server is at war and it messes with the market significantly. It's not as easy in a non-war set. Solution? No restart bonuses on FFA.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Donny Game profile

Jul 14th 2018, 6:19:46

Originally posted by sinistril:
The only problem is most of the server is at war and it messes with the market significantly. It's not as easy in a non-war set. Solution? No restart bonuses on FFA.

Bots need to spend their money #1

#2 there should never be 50$ troops I have 350m troops all bought under 60$
ICQ-105967052

drkprinc Game profile

Jul 14th 2018, 8:11:29

Donny 1/2 of IMP strings have more then 70b cash each, so claiming you have the strongest just because you spend most of what you get from bots on units is a false claim we could all do the same and still have 70b cash and be higher nw than you.

What you have going is your spies, you got the jump on that, I was dropping the land I got, I could have and should have put it into indies but I didn't want to become a missile dump.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

drkprinc Game profile

Jul 14th 2018, 8:15:15

So lowering the number of bots isn't the solution, fixing how they use their resources and what they sell their units for is the solution.

just because we can farm bots for free income doesn't mean anyone gets an advantage if everyone can do it.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Donny Game profile

Jul 14th 2018, 8:22:59

Originally posted by drkprinc:
Donny 1/2 of IMP strings have more then 70b cash each, so claiming you have the strongest just because you spend most of what you get from bots on units is a false claim we could all do the same and still have 70b cash and be higher nw than you.

What you have going is your spies, you got the jump on that, I was dropping the land I got, I could have and should have put it into indies but I didn't want to become a missile dump.

youre the only one with cash, i have ops on all of you.

400 string had to rebuild i ABed 9 of his,he has 2B cash on about 4 the rest are sub 2b. with no market value besides tech.

65B right now with 20M troops and all wartechs 90% max

you're full of fluff.
ICQ-105967052

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 14th 2018, 16:37:48

The problem is real but setting hard mins and hard maxes are really only going to generate new problems both for bots and for players. It would be a disaster to make the indy bots sell at a hard minimum price.

In order to fix the market you need just to adjust the supply and the demand from the bots.

Several ways to fix the techer bots come to mind. For example their defense and nw criteria could increase with their cash on hand. That would increase the breaks as well as let purchases and expenses cut the cash on hand to more reasonable amounts. Not only that but it would hel the military prices.

Another idea ive had for both techers and tech buying bots is that once they start having a very positive economy they could start buying and reselling tech in order to keep the lesser bought techs at more homogeneous volumes and prices with the other techs. That would waste the bots cash very effectively through commissions. Only the demos would generate vast stocks of techs, while today they all do.

I also think littleitaly has a valid point as restart bonuses make this bot abuse easier. When you have a big problem you dont need to attack it from just one point because then your action might have to be so extreme that it will create new problems as we have seen with the bots so many times before. Also wars need to end like they used to, this only leads to everyone getting more pissed at each others and everyone caring less about making a strong country to start with as restart rates will let you remain relevant even from a weak country with no work nowadays.

Donny Game profile

Jul 14th 2018, 23:13:35

Several ways to fix the techer bots come to mind. For example their defense and nw criteria could increase with their cash on hand. That would increase the breaks as well as let purchases and expenses cut the cash on hand to more reasonable amounts. Not only that but it would hel the military prices.

+1
ICQ-105967052

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 15th 2018, 1:24:06

Gerdler would you ever set troops for $50 on public?

If the answer is no., then why should the bots?

DruncK Game profile

Jul 15th 2018, 17:13:45

Techers buying defensive units proportional to their cash on hand would solve a lot of Donny's issues. Having bots stock is dumb that wouldn't help your food problem at all

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 15th 2018, 22:58:21

well atleast there is good discussion here - p.s dont make a mid set change that is annoying as fluff.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Donny Game profile

Jul 16th 2018, 3:41:13

Originally posted by DruncK:
Techers buying defensive units proportional to their cash on hand would solve a lot of Donny's issues. Having bots stock is dumb that wouldn't help your food problem at all

nota bad idea,
ICQ-105967052

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2018, 20:24:35

I have to agree on Drunck's comment too. Techer bots shouldnt have 2.5 bil on hand like they do. Makes no sense. If they spent it., then the unit prices would go up some.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 16th 2018, 20:39:53

yea to 55 bucks per troop

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 16th 2018, 23:17:17

The Indy bots have to sell their units somehow. As long as the private market is off limits then a hard limit would just cause too many of the bots to sell at that. If it is set low like 70 dollars troop jets turrets then players will buy through it on a regular basis and we'd have just about the same situation as now just that indy bots are slightly richer. If the limit is set higher it's more likely that it will be an impassable price limit that players will have to undercut by $1 as the market is usually oversupplied by the bots. Pricing freedom is then gone and the mbrs and Indies will lose a dimension of their play.

Of course if you set different prices for troops jets turrets as you would perhaps be inclined to by the sale prices on the private market then according to the bot code for production weights the bots will focus on one of those units when the market is oversupplied, which is predictable, inflexible and boring.

If they are taught to sell on private and the alternative to selling below a min price is to sell it in purchases then I see far less problems it could cause but it's still not necessarily better to do that than to just look at the supply/demand situation and create more balance there. But straight up hard maxes without dealing with supply and or demand side will cause havoc.

Donny Game profile

Jul 17th 2018, 13:01:12

Originally posted by Gerdler:
The Indy bots have to sell their units somehow. As long as the private market is off limits then a hard limit would just cause too many of the bots to sell at that. If it is set low like 70 dollars troop jets turrets then players will buy through it on a regular basis and we'd have just about the same situation as now just that indy bots are slightly richer. If the limit is set higher it's more likely that it will be an impassable price limit that players will have to undercut by $1 as the market is usually oversupplied by the bots. Pricing freedom is then gone and the mbrs and Indies will lose a dimension of their play.

Of course if you set different prices for troops jets turrets as you would perhaps be inclined to by the sale prices on the private market then according to the bot code for production weights the bots will focus on one of those units when the market is oversupplied, which is predictable, inflexible and boring.

If they are taught to sell on private and the alternative to selling below a min price is to sell it in purchases then I see far less problems it could cause but it's still not necessarily better to do that than to just look at the supply/demand situation and create more balance there. But straight up hard maxes without dealing with supply and or demand side will cause havoc.

maybe cutting down the bots by 60-75% would be beneficial.

too many bots.
its making the game pointless.
i had 3 30M countries die Last night
i have 3 restarts @ turn 80 @ 25M with 2B cash on them.

whats the point.
ICQ-105967052

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 18th 2018, 7:32:46

I think all games have too many bots now. Alliance went from 100 to 250 and i think 200 is more reasonable. Express went from 35 to 50 for no reason imo, all it did was make techer more dominant and increased the achievable nws.

Ive tried grabbing on ffa before and after the bot increase and it was super easy already before and the tech prices were insane already before. The bot number increase was only needed on alliance and imo should have been a bit smaller. Alliance is more interesting with the change tho, since techer is actually useful and grabbing doesn't take so damned long.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 18th 2018, 14:02:15

thx to bots my techers spend billions daily to buy bushels. while its nice as all-x it means that needs to start jumping much earlier.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2018, 3:52:27

I think a different ratio of bots perhaps, and making them grab each other....

More dynamic dpa target for sure though, increase def as they get hit, or something, and with cash on hand.

Jul 21st 2018, 19:17:36

dpa is stupid - case in point the buyups the bots just did in alliance( probably everywhere else also) , they cant afford to run turns now based on low tech production - the sell off to run turns will lead to drastic tech price decline.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 22nd 2018, 12:45:06

DPA is a means to an end, but when it's changed mid set the change should be incremental instead of mental.

Ohh, and in case you think I'm exaggerating, do the math on how much the DPA formula actually suggests the techer bots to buy up to right now.

Edited By: Gerdler on Jul 22nd 2018, 12:53:50

Jul 22nd 2018, 12:57:07

well the ones i've op'd added 6 mil troops and 1.5 mil tanks now lose 6-7 mil a turn and have less than 100 mil cash essentially it just killed it's self
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 22nd 2018, 13:53:36

Yes and if they had 60b cash or 600b cash or in fact 60 Trillion cash they would spend all that on defence, the formula is whack right now :(

Jul 22nd 2018, 13:59:35

and why only to techer bots , or seemingly so - techer bots are 3100-2100 nw/l where military heavie commies are 6-800.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

Marshal Game profile

Jul 22nd 2018, 16:36:45

dpas went "bit" too high

good that i stopped grabbing since now its costy to grab.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 22nd 2018, 20:30:18

indy bots defence fluctuates based on the market prices while cashers and farmers and techers have a dpa criteria. the dpa criterias were the same for those three bot types before but now they are way higher.

because the bots added like 1.2 Bil NW in troops tanks and turrets the past days ofc its going to cause havoc on the market and for those bots economies...

I don't mind having an exponetial growth of DPA just the exponent should be 1.0x and certainly not 3 lol... 3000^3 is a really big number.

vern Game profile

Jul 22nd 2018, 22:47:59

lol at bot countries

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2018, 23:40:50

Originally posted by The_Hawk:

Bots are the reason you can get 300k acres...
Originally posted by The_Hawk:
You win this round. I concede.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 23rd 2018, 15:54:44

Originally posted by Gerdler:
indy bots defence fluctuates based on the market prices while cashers and farmers and techers have a dpa criteria. the dpa criterias were the same for those three bot types before but now they are way higher.

because the bots added like 1.2 Bil NW in troops tanks and turrets the past days ofc its going to cause havoc on the market and for those bots economies...

I don't mind having an exponetial growth of DPA just the exponent should be 1.0x and certainly not 3 lol... 3000^3 is a really big number.

Ya I put them high because it wasn't working and I was testing. Turns out I'm having difficulty getting them to go that high. The default is what it is using, which is much lower.

I like your "use cash on hand" suggestion though. Just requires a bit more logic and such.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 23rd 2018, 19:10:38

You gotta set it back... the expenses are still gonna fluff the bots til the end of the set and the markets wont recover but this is getting real dumb real fast.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 23rd 2018, 19:47:02

Heh fair. I'll look later tonight hopefully.

Jul 23rd 2018, 22:31:02

ok it's later! chop chop haha
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 24th 2018, 2:27:39

Adjusted.

drkprinc Game profile

Jul 24th 2018, 4:03:36

its too late the damage is done a week gone by having to send 6-10x as much per hit the cost of lost jets and oil was substantial you owe me about 450m bushels in reps now.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 24th 2018, 4:19:59

LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!