Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 6:01:13

Hmmmm. I've left and come back to this game a lot of times and honestly I've never chalked it up to to unwanted "activity." Honestly it was either because I was bored with it or had too much going on in RL to do what I like doing best which is warchats. I'm going to guess that a far greater percentage of people who have quit over the years weren't just chased by war dogs or because they were laf farmland. Yes wardogs have tried to chase me off. Yes laf tried to farm every tag I played in for like 8 years out of the game. Neither were ever reasons i went inactive. Tho i do tend to take the set off if i get blindsided while netting.

Truth is if it takes more time than I have or I'm too bored with the game to log in and play turns, then I don't do it. I would wager, in fact, that people who quit for other reasons than getting griefed is greater thab a 10:1 ratio against players who quit for rl or boredom.

That's kind of like saying the leading cause of death in America is gun violence. While it tends to make bigger headlines when someone dies of murder, eating cheetos is still what kills the vast majority of us.

Truth is we did have a wargame on AI and it was a blast like 5 days ago. Cell phone players kinda got whipped but it was still pretty entertaining. Something you still don't understand gerdler is that the social interaction of war is what makes it fun, and not so much the game itself. The market can do whatever it wants. Everything can cost $9999 and wardogs will still find a way to have fun because it's the community and social aspects that drive the fun times. F/O hybrids would replace techers as normal war strats and we'd all still war given no market. It's fun for us.

It's often entertained me thinking while netters just farm bots until the last week as an FFO, bonus building costs and do a 9 turn oil destock seem to think just smashing GS is so stupid and not thought driven or vise versa. It's a pretty simple game we play and while the best netters are real thinkers, they actually are numbered in the very few and about a third of them play war tags on occasion. Players who just want to run the same fluff every set and get 300k acres and not get touched or cry that the game takes too much time is just as stupid to me as the wardog that blindsided a netter.