Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 4:52:21

Originally posted by Bug:
what is this game you speak of?

Cause i see no "world" in this series..

Your fellow countryman Aaron Whitefield, Lewis Thorpe, Warwick Saupold, James Beresford and Liam Hendricks would beg to differ and two of them make a whole hell of a lot of cheddar being total studs in the american game. Theres a reason why this is the world series. In fact, 30% of the league will tell you it's the world series because only Nippon Baseball League in Japan even comes close to competitive salaries. There is no salary cap in American baseball. So if you are a billionaire and you want to own a team. You better be able to hustle Cubans across the border illegally at 16 years old if they can hit and pay someone 20 million a year to travel around the world to play ball here if you wanna win. It is truly the world series.

What you're looking for, Bug, is an every 4 year event called the World Baseball Classic where teams actually play for their country, and the American league sort of takes breaks around it in the way European soccer does for international competition in Miami next summer. In 2017 Aus beat China but was in a tough pool with Cuba and and 2 time winner Japan and got absolutely shelled. Tbh, those 5 guys I mentioned are about all Australia offers in the event haha. The Dominican republic and Venezuela and such can really compete but not so much Australia lol. But guys actually act happier when they win it for their country than their billionaires and american cities. It's a fun event to watch. (True fact, good ball players from cuba will defect to Venezuela who allows citizenship for Cuban defectors after establishing residency and a job for X years. And baseball is a job etc. And since we allow international work visas from that country we will then be able to allow that player to work in this country. But soooooometimes people just swim to Venezuela and steal dead people's identities in order to be able to play ball in america. It happens sort of frequently. Fausto Carmona just got arrested for actually being an illegal named Roberto Heredia not that long ago. Its hilariously worldwide!)

Originally posted by daspheebsie:
This is what I get for not watching baseball this season because of moving and fluff. Just hope it plays out for everyone whose teams are in it. Kind of rooting for the Rays on this one, only because it looks like they are the underdogs. But yay to whichever team that wins. (Sorry a Cubs fan so really only watch them)

It was a tougher year to watch. Baseball is even more of a snoozefest without the fans sometimes.

I was in Tampa in February to work my side gig as a northeastern regional scout for the Bless You Boys in Detroit. Got hung up there into mid march due to a pandemic and had adventure getting home. What was fun about this year is, without minor league ball, teams called up a pile of kids just to keep them fresh. I got to see a kid who I switched his changeup grip when he was 14 get 10 whiffs on the pitch in a major league game. I feel like I know what proud dad feels like.

Rays dont have the depth offensively to hang with the dodgers. They are for sure the underdog. Mookie and Kershaw cost like hundreds of millions more than tyler glasnow or randy arozarena. And thru game 1 that appears to be the difference. Mookie took control of the game. Tapped his way onto first, stole second, stole third and then was halfway down the line on a groundout hit and run to blow the game open. He looked like ricky Henderson out there. Then came up to bat the next inning and mashed a tator the opposite way. He was ENTERTAINING AS HELL!

I seriously feel like yall wanna smash on some politics with me but don't wanna talk baseball? Did I fall asleep and wake up on 4chan? Get it together. This is americas game and it's far more important than the election.

Also, Marshal doesn't make posts this long and makes far less sense. TALK TO ME ABOUT GAME 2

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 21st 2020, 5:33:54
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit