Verified:

OneMansArmy Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 5:18:10

Alright, here is the problem I have with GDI on this server. I join GDI, only do single land grabs on countries unless they hit me more than once. But a target that I hit about a month ago at about $3mil Networth and 9k Acres stockpiles missiles and grabs me back near the end of the reset when we are both around $25mil Networth and 27k acres of land. He calls that a retaliation from the previous month, and now if I retaliate I get to enjoy all his missiles?

I guess you could say its my fault for stockpiling too much cash for the end of the reset and letting the people I attacked get too close to my Networth.. But its kind of crazy to have to keep track of everyone you grab for fear of being grabbed back a month later and losing 3x the land you originally grabbed off a "retaliation".

Obviously I am not letting him get away with it and will be relying on SDI to save me, but its not exactly what I wanted to spend my stockpile on this late in the reset..
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Rockman Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 5:23:04

And if we didn't have these GDI rules, he could have missiled you a month later rather than only being able to do a PS retal. So how is your problem with GDI?

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 7:00:24

He didn't Retal you, he land grabbed you. It's up to you if you want to land grab him twice and break your GDI. There's no such thing as a Retal policy in primary so it isn't a retal.
The EEVIL Empire

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2012, 7:16:56

Maybe its time to farm him and jump out of range, just a thought!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 7:25:28

It's not a GDI issue, OneMansArmy.

1) If the GDI rule didn't exist, he would/could still PS retal you 1 month later (as he has done).

2) If the GDI rule didn't exist, he would/could have just thrown 20 missiles at you for any or no reason, rather than requiring you to retal his late retal.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2012, 7:40:47

Just give me his country number and i'll provoke him to use those missiles onn me and then you can retal the retal :p

On a more serious note, its what happens when you grab early in the game, your choices are clear, RoR him and end your set, or bite the bullet and move on, 2 simple choices!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

grimjoww Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 8:43:38

its batman's country

MADMARK Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 13:14:18

Yeah it's the risk you take, if you hit someone you need to make sure you have the defence right through to the end. It is frustrating but if you dont think you can defend the hit you don't make the hit.

Bee Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 14:11:29

lol... that might have been me...

blid

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2012, 14:13:42

It's a GDI issue if OneMansArmy is angry and wants first strike, instead of retaling and opening himself up to first strike. Only way to change that though would be to forgive your attack history after a set amount of days, probably not a good change to suggest.

Edited By: blid on Aug 23rd 2012, 14:19:03
See Original Post
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Rockman Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 14:54:37

Originally posted by blid:
It's a GDI issue if OneMansArmy is angry and wants first strike, instead of retaling and opening himself up to first strike. Only way to change that though would be to forgive your attack history after a set amount of days, probably not a good change to suggest.

So he wants to AB or missile someone over a single grab, just because the guy called it a retal?

blid

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2012, 15:17:17

I recall a time you were pretty angry when you got hit by a single grab during your stocking period.

Also, yes. I recall Chewi in this set: http://www.eestats.com/primary/oldcountry/298/74

I asked why he went bonkers on someone who only hit him once to start with. He said it was because it was a 17-day-old retal, which he did not accept, and if he has to break GDI to hit you back, he's going to go all out.

The GDI issue here is that the late "retal" taker gets first strike if you want to hit him back as he deserves.

Edited By: blid on Aug 23rd 2012, 15:21:35
See Original Post
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 15:34:46

Just don't view it as a retal and it makes sense. Everyone seems to view it in terms of the alliance server where there is a guideline saying you can retal within a time frame. On this server you cannot retal at all. You can however LG a guy who has LG'd you in the past. Under GDI everyone can LG everyone once without worry of special attacks. It's up to each person if they want to lift their GDI by multi tapping people.
The EEVIL Empire

crest23 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 15:38:15

@OneMansArmy, a 27k acre rep casher on 36 mill NW now is going nowhere in the scores, I say you should let it go. Besides, you have used up your missiles already. If he did this last week when you still had all your missiles I would say balls to the wall on him. As it is now, you are already involved in a scuffle.

Then again, if you feel confident in your SDI and as a Demo techer you should, then go for it.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 15:44:23

@Serp, GDI is the alliance. When you think of GDI for what it is, an alliance for which you have a membership then you will understand it is exactly like alliance. Your time frame to retal is just set long not 72 hrs. In alliance there can be consequences for deviancy and it is the same everywhere else.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Rockman Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 15:48:04

I recall a time you were pretty angry when you got hit by a single grab during your stocking period.

Also, yes. I recall Chewi in this set: http://www.eestats.com/primary/oldcountry/298/74

I asked why he went bonkers on someone who only hit him once to start with. He said it was because it was a 17-day-old retal, which he did not accept, and if he has to break GDI to hit you back, he's going to go all out.

The GDI issue here is that the late "retal" taker gets first strike if you want to hit him back as he deserves.

Yep, but I didn't whine about GDI. I just farmed him back.

Bee Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 16:24:34

Oh good it wasn't me phew. And yes like Serp said, this isn't alliance server. A "retal" is not an obligation or a rule of the game, hence for a non-political server like primary it's defined by each person.

As the person doing the "retal", it's smart to hit someone who's hit you once back anytime during the reset (call it a retal, call it a LG, it's irrelevant) because it puts them at the position you're in.

As the person doing the initial LG, you understand this risk when you make the hit. This is a war game, and on primary there are no politics, anything goes whether you think it's "fair" or not. Heck someone can choose to eff up somebody else's reset for absolutely no reason if they want, it's not illegal, it's life. If you can't play without tag protection or in an anything goes environment then stick to alliance server.. or play farmville.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 18:18:03

***Oh good it wasn't me phew. And yes like Serp said, this isn't alliance server. A "retal" is not an obligation or a rule of the game, hence for a non-political server like primary it's defined by each person.***

Think of an alliance as a country. Do you think there are alliances that have never failed to make a retal.

***As the person doing the "retal", it's smart to hit someone who's hit you once back anytime during the reset (call it a retal, call it a LG, it's irrelevant) because it puts them at the position you're in.***

How is this different from alliance again?

***As the person doing the initial LG, you understand this risk when you make the hit. This is a war game, and on primary there are no politics, anything goes whether you think it's "fair" or not. Heck someone can choose to eff up somebody else's reset for absolutely no reason if they want, it's not illegal, it's life. If you can't play without tag protection or in an anything goes environment then stick to alliance server.. or play farmville.***

And this is different on the alliance server, how? I'm pretty sure there are no alliances that choose to bully others. Doesn't happen. Also, see this set's Monsters vs Imag war.

Every where you used the words person/someone/somebody replace with alliance/an alliance/an alliance. And where you used non-political/primary replace with political/alliance.

Edited By: crest23 on Aug 23rd 2012, 18:22:13
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Bee Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 19:32:22

The main difference is in alliance there are unwritten rules and more importantly leaders to enforce them on their members.

1. In alliance there are unwritten rules the major clans follow, such as the 72 hour retal window. If you don't follow it the rest of the server turns on you reset after reset until you do. And number of members makes a difference. A clan with 50 members fighting one with 25 members vs 1 country with 3m NW fighting 1 country with 1.5m NW isn't the same. Therefore in alliance as the larger alliance you have the upper hand to enforce rules on others.

2. GDI rules are different in alliance, that right there differentiates the two servers significantly..

3. Alliance server is longer term compared to primary where it's reset to reset. In primary, be a douche one reset and change your name the next, no one will know. In alliance it's about image to gain respect from other alliances/retain members. If an alliance effs up another's netting reset that alliance will kill them the next.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 20:35:47

1. The 1st part of this is false, the "rest of the server" will not turn on you and one on one, I will rather be double the NW taking on anyone even now in Express with the new rules.

2. GDI rules does not matter in either case.

3. http://www.eestats.com/primary/country/171
Both countries more or less use the same name whenever they play. I don't see bonesaw shaking in his boots.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Aug 27th 2012, 5:23:30

Honestly I made this thread mostly to get my bonus. This is my 2nd reset coming back to this game since it was Earth 2025 and I am still getting back into the groove. Only played half of Primary last reset too due to starting late. I had no clue you could just post in a "bonus" thread to get the points.. =P

This did highly piss me off and to make matters worse his month old "Retal" was on a DH from me. Granted that I am new to the forums and just getting back into the game, but indulge me as to why forgiving the attack history after a set amount of days would be a bad idea? My other idea to counter this issue was to allow Sabotage Missiles spy ops on countries that have hit you at least once. This way you could lose first strike and GDI special protection against them, but also dismantle their stockpile if your spys could get through. I haven't thought this idea through very much though.

My intention is not to be able to AB/Missile him for a single land grab or get rid of GDI. Only to not be left wide open to missile attacks should I hit someone twice with weeks between each hit. The idea is to encourage retals to be done within a reasonable amount of time so both parties actually remember it. If it wasn't for the third party website: http://www.eestats.com/primary/ I wouldn't have remembered that I hit the guy that long ago. The in-game history only goes back like 3 days so I guess I need to keep track of all the targets I hit in my spreadsheet. I still plan to hit him out of principle, but a late retal gets a late retal in return..

Originally posted by crest23:
@OneMansArmy, a 27k acre rep casher on 36 mill NW now is going nowhere in the scores, I say you should let it go. Besides, you have used up your missiles already. If he did this last week when you still had all your missiles I would say balls to the wall on him. As it is now, you are already involved in a scuffle.

Then again, if you feel confident in your SDI and as a Demo techer you should, then go for it.

Another reason I need to keep track of my hits in a spreadsheet.. I had forgotten I hit the guy you're talking about 3 weeks before the second hit. He responds with missiles so I sent him most of mine, but not all. If you look I only launched EM's to weaken before a land grab, and then CM's to kill off his population. Saved all of my Nukes so I didn't damage the land I planned to take from him. I tried to kill him but didn't have enough turns/missiles I guess (never done it before). He is all turrets, so land grabbing him has become too costly. Instead I just up my SDI and dismantle most of the missiles he makes through spy ops.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

blid

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2012, 5:40:46

Oops saw you said that

Edited By: blid on Aug 27th 2012, 14:31:11
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Aug 27th 2012, 14:15:54

The problem with late set retalling and topfeeding is that sooner or later you become fat enough that others want to late set retal you, topfeed you, hit you, or just plain RoR you since once upon a time you were landtight, but not anymore.

http://www.eestats.com/primary/country/233
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 27th 2012, 14:48:30

Don't use a spreadsheet. Open eestats.com in another window so you can view everything easier. It's a good tool.
The EEVIL Empire