Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 21:01:15

Things I do that I don't feel bad in the least about:
1) I don't attack certain countries based on knowing the owner and being friendly with them. (rarely this comes up but it does)

2) I look at my D allies military status (so you can see how many jets they sent to break a guy and use this to find good targets...based on how my allies grab I'm sure they do the same thing...this can often make it "look" like coordinated attacking)

3) I attack a player who has been hit by other players (often allies) in part b/c I know he can't retal all of us. I don't ever discuss this with anyone, but a quick looking at the news you see it's very common for the top dogs to hit a country and then a day or two later one or two other t10 countries do and a week later the country has been blasted 10+ times.

4) Sharing ops. I get/send messages like #xxx has no D allies on occasion every reset.

My larger point is I think that this is a complicated game, where playing for yourself can lead to this greyish area behavior. My personal opinion on "spirit of the game" is that no player should be playing with the intent to let another player win. Any other goal is legit be it to win yourself, to keep player X from winning, or to keep the entire server under 50k acres all set.

What do you all think?

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 21:52:25

I usually attack some buddies, but not on purpose.... Just because I'm too stupid to remember all their country names. Lol. I try not to.

I think everyone has gotten target tips through viewing ally brigades or watching news to see who gets hit and can't Retal.

I have shared good target info sometimes with allies in the past, not for many sets though. Don't want to take the chance at a deletion for something so stupid. Usually you end up spying them again to make sure anyways so it really is useless to do since you can already see in your allies brigades what eachother sent. It's not really that advantageous unless it's not your ally your sharing with, or you have someone doing ops directly for you or something. That would be pretty bad.

Edited By: Serpentor on Aug 16th 2012, 21:58:28
See Original Post
The EEVIL Empire

crest23 Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 22:04:21

If your ally uses OAs, you will regret not spying as I have found out mostly in Express though. Regardless, I typically will spy for myself as I find my allies really oversend well past the break when they hit and I like to save on oil.

I don't attack my "friends" less because they are my friends and more because I fear the retal. When I typically retal I always bring the pain (I have a fetish for weapons tech and military strat tech) and "friends" have been known to PM me their country #s just so that we do not interact in that way :-).
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 16th 2012, 22:10:42

Reasonable posts so far. I also think it's probably best to keep info that took you a turn to get to yourself but most people have probably shared a hot tip now and then..

a little less reasonable: http://www.eestats.com/primary/country/143

At least the permanent country:country ghost DR kept that from being worse, otherwise the guy would have like 60k land.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 17th 2012, 4:00:37

Teamplay, to me its spotting a person that's randomly causing chaos to people trying to net or getting ahead via cheating, rounding up a posse and take em out :D
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

smlandau84 Game profile

Aug 17th 2012, 4:06:48

KoH is on my team. Don't trust him.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 17th 2012, 4:09:33

You can't ever trust me :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

ZIP Game profile

Aug 17th 2012, 19:06:40

i have been sending an o allie to the commies i see grabbing and think it could be "the big one" for the set. I use them to keep my jet count down so i can spend more money on defense and growing my economy. also it prevents them from attacking me. so cause i use o allies for personal gain is that team play?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 17th 2012, 21:26:06

Nope it's smart play.
The EEVIL Empire

crest23 Game profile

Aug 17th 2012, 22:18:38

Yup, that's smart play. Unfortunately for you there are almost always more than 3 good CIs.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

ZIP Game profile

Aug 18th 2012, 0:09:54

lol ya i try to d allie them too

but when three commies link up - who can stop them?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

PaceBooM Game profile

Aug 18th 2012, 21:47:45

hmm... good point. Who's also playing commie/ indy next set ;)

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 19th 2012, 8:44:06

You'll be fighting eachother to use the jets.
The EEVIL Empire

ZIP Game profile

Aug 19th 2012, 15:25:30

yes that does happen a lot - fighting to use jets, some days you retal, some days you let it go and bottom feed

trumper Game profile

Aug 20th 2012, 20:18:39

I find someone pisses me off way too early in the set so I end up leveling them. Since it's supposed to be a standalone server as much as I do teams is the folks I'm allied to. Half the time I end up killing folks who hit them anyway.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2012, 7:23:37

<3 trumper
(•_•)