Verified:

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 21:53:56

Where does the number of tech points, that it says your allies get, fall into the equation of how much they actually get?

I know that how much tech allies can get is based on their own tech levels. So for an example if I tech all my turns for the day and it tells me at the bottom: "Your allies gained 50,000 tech points from your research". I am guessing that each ally doesn't actually receive 50k tech points.

I am wondering if that number is split between the allies and then based on how much tech they have they get their portion of the split?

Or maybe that 50k number is the base for all the allies, and then depending on their own tech they get their portion of the 50k?

I could also be nowhere close in these assumptions..
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Marshal Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 22:06:13

each gets that 50k but if you tech for example agri and 1 ally doesn't have it or only low amount then that ally doesn't gain at all or much.

every tech you tech your allies get 10% of it if they have that tech.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 23:09:33

Thanks Marshal!
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 3:03:47

If you tech 1000 points, each of your allies get UP TO 100 each.

An ally will only get the full 100 tech points if they have at least 1000 tech points of the same tech. (That is, your ally gets 10% of his tech points in that tech or 100 whichever is lower.)

If they all have 1k each in that tech category, then all 3 get 100, and you will see that "your allies gained 300".

This allows tech leeching. I have long suggested that it should be the other way around, that tech allies increases the TPT of 10% of your tech allies, so you actually have to spend turns to gain benefit instead of the current system.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 5:59:15

Basically, if you didn't catch all that, your ally must have at least the same amount of tech points as what you are teching per turn.

Example, you are going to tech 2462 agri tech in one turn. Each of your allies must have at least 2460 tech points in agri to get the maximum benefit of +246 free tech.