Verified:

knice1 Game profile

Mar 26th 2013, 19:11:37

I was banned in tourney game C because me and another player were killing a country that has caused us both trouble. You can easily check IP and times or whatever to see that we are not the same person. You unjustly banned me because the enemy reported me cheating so we couldn't kill him (that's my guess). Now it's been 2 days since I could log on. I'm sure he is fully recovered and all my turns I've spent are now wasted and all the turns I've missed in 2 days are wasted. You've ruined my chance for a top spot and the guy that triple attacks and missles people for no reason is sitting in top 10 laughing. Isn't reporting players for cheating for no reason(just because they are an enemy) against the rules? Can you please ban the player that reported me? My country is TTT game C in tournament. The enemy country number is #9. I don't know for sure if he reported me I just know I have played for 15 years and I have NEVER cheated and just by coincindence I'm in the process of killing this guy when I get banned for no reason. Isn't there a check you do before banning the player? It sounds to me like someone is abusing the rules to have me banned without checking to see if I actually did anything against the rules. This is ridiculous. I already appealed and have heard nothing. I left an email address in the appeal so you can reach me there to let me know why this is happening.... or you can just reply and post here because I have nothing to hide and would like to prevent this from happening to any of the other fair players of this game.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 26th 2013, 19:24:29

You're not supposed to work together with another player in a solo server like Tournament. However, if that country attacked both of you, I agree with you... you both had good reason to hit him, and shouldn't be deleted
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

knice1 Game profile

Mar 26th 2013, 19:40:18

"(regarding "spirit of the rules")

Joint KR will get you deleted.
Sharing an op with an ingame ally/
having an offensive ally and both grabbing will generally not."

Ok. I just read this. I guess since this guy attacked more than one person and we/us victims mailed each other and said we are going to get this guy makes us guilty of the "joint kr will get you deleted" rule. But this brings up a huge question...

Is this even a legitimate rule? Earth is basically a war game. This player attacked me multiple times and did spy ops, for no reason. He also attacked another player and missiled them for whatever reason. We are both eligible to retaliate, am I right? This enemy was much bigger than both of us and the only way possible for us to be able to stop this bully from picking on the smaller countries was for us both to attack. We did not share spy ops or arrange a time to hit. We simply mailed and said I am ABing him now or I will BR him tomorrow. Is this really against the rules in a WAR game?

If this is a real rule, then how do I go about retaliating a country that has attacked multiple people with more than grabs?

Also If he's too big to retaliate with a grab how do we go about retaliating if GS or BR will get us banned?

And how is it even possible for one country to kill another country by themselves? Are you using this rule to say that killing a country in tournament is not acceptable? If that's the case then why not remove the option to GS or Br since they are used to kill? Better yet, why not rename tourney, farmville?

In a war game, you have enemies. You fight. You destroy. You kill. You find allies by having common enemies or goals and you utilize your allies to form a stronger country or to eat away at your enemy's.(just like real world) How is this rule acceptable in a game like this?

If a mod could please answer these question I would appreciate it. Maybe we could take a vote to see who thinks killing a country should against the rules or something because this just seems like a ridiculous rule that goes against the gameplay of this particular game. I for one will not play anymore if this turns into a building game that you can not attack in.

knice1 Game profile

Mar 26th 2013, 19:52:05

and by the way. The other country attacking this same guy, is not an ally. He just saw the same guy was picking on both of us and mailed me and said we should both attack. I was already planning on hitting and so was he so technically we didn't team up to do it. It would have happened whether we talked to each other or not. He did what he could which was BR's, I did what I could which was ABs and spy ops. When the enemy got more tanks, I Gs'd instead. When the enemy got more turrets, the other player attacking started to GS also. This put us both GSing in the same day which I guess is what I was banned for. We did not plan for that to happen. We both wanted this country stopped and both did what we could with our own armies and just happened to do the same thing the same day because the enemy had no troops to defend that type of attack. This is the reason that this rule is unacceptable in a game like this.

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 26th 2013, 20:15:27

I was the other country deleted in game C(Planetary) fwiw. I agree with everything knice says.

And FWIW I LG'd knice early set and he retaliated me a few days later. And now we are deleted for coordination or some baloney lol...

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 26th 2013, 22:29:55

http://forums.earthempires.com/...&z=rule-clarification

Sorry guys, rules are rules.

These rules were actually put in place because players asked them to be. Had you not told me that Bobby asked you to help each other out, I probably would of reinstated you. But that now is considered "coordination".

Edited By: galleri on Mar 26th 2013, 22:37:20
See Original Post

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 26th 2013, 22:42:12

while I can't be sure, I don't think I asked him to help out exactly. I asked if he was going to hit 9 as well, and how we might be most effective if both of us were gonna hit him. I asked him b/c I saw in the news he had just been triple tapped by 9 as I had been earlier in the set. It wasn't like I was asking some ranodm person.

I hear you though that rules are rules though, even if I don't like em=)

blid

EE Patron

Mar 27th 2013, 1:35:00

The players did request coordination rules, and I still think they're important, but there was also a lot of discussion about exactly how they should operate. As I said then, if two players have *independent* reasons to attack a country, whether to delete them or not becomes more tricky. *Any* time coordination is reported, the country histories need to be checked, otherwise I could triple tap the entire server, and if more than one of them fights back, I could report "coordination."

That seems very close to what happened in this case, actually, as both players were triple tapped by the same country, so they both have good reason to run attacks against him. The next debate becomes: if two countries have been offended by the same enemy, what are they allowed to do? In this case, it sounds like Bobby and knice don't have a clear gripe, because they did exchange messages. But what are you allowed to say? If Bobby wrote only, "Are you going to retal this guy?" that doesn't sound like coordination. If he writes only, "Hey, bomb buildings is really effective, if you're going to fight back, try running that," then it's just like any other advice, not coordination. I think it only becomes coordination when it becomes, well, coordination. "You do this, and I'll do that," or, "You take down his tanks first, then I'll AB second," or "Let's both hit at x o'clock," and the like. But really, it gets hard to distinguish. What if no words are exchanged, and I see someone else already did 20 ABs, and I know I can ride in on the back of those and do extra "ramped up" damage? That was brought up by Rockman, and that can happen without any coordination at all, it's just smart play.

Personally, I think the simplest way to police this issue is to just let people do whatever they want, provided they have their own reason for doing so. No, your friend can't nuke me 20 times because you asked him to. You and him can't do an AB run together just because you have a defensive alliance. But if I multitapped you both, then, even as solo players, it's in your solo interest to send follow up ABs if the other person ABs first. It's still solo play. I really don't care what you do. I don't even care if you message each other or attack near the same time, because that just makes sense, and figuring out when to delete people just gets too complicated if you try to enforce anything else. Welp, that's my take. Cheers.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 27th 2013, 1:50:05

thanks for the post blid. I'd agree with your take. I wouldn't argue our messages didn't cross over into "coordination" as currently defined.

Also on harmful spy ops especially I mean what am I to do. Without asking the other person if they are doing spy ops/when they do them 2 countries trying to, for example, bomb buildings are worse off then 1 b/c of spy DR and not knowing what the other did...

blid

EE Patron

Mar 27th 2013, 1:58:30

Yeah, spy DR is tricky, as is knowing whether it's "coordinated" should two people attack 30 minutes apart. What if they just logged on 30 minutes apart without any planning?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 27th 2013, 2:02:46

It is definantly tricky. knice said in his appeal message that you asked him to help out. :/ I don't know what really went on just what was said in the appeals and on here and how it looked. I did the see the triple tap issue. I wish I could figure out a way to deal with that part.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

h2orich Game profile

Mar 27th 2013, 2:19:01

Dont use in-game message.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 27th 2013, 2:25:47

Stop begging people to fight your battles for you.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 27th 2013, 3:02:21

No worries galleri. I can't think of a great solution either.

I hope you keep playing knice.

knice1 Game profile

Mar 27th 2013, 10:12:39

Thanks everyone for posting. I agree 100% with what blid said. I believe I did say he messaged me and asked if I was going to attack him but like I said, we didn't plan a kill run. We both used different attacks at different times. You can check the news and see. If it was coordinated they would all be the same type and at the same time. That's pretty easy to tell even though it could happen just by coincidence, however, this did not happen with us.

Let me give an example of how this rule doesn't work....
Next round if I GS everyone in the game on the same day, and 1/2 of them GS me back, all within hours or days of each other, then 1/2 of the game will get banned, am I right? I'm doing nothing wrong because I'm solo, however, you can not tell if they were acting together or not if they all hit back according to the way the rule is set up and if you treat them with the same consequences you did bobby and I then they would all HAVE to be banned also.

I believe one solution could be to see when the attacks were done... if we were attacking in sequence or concurrently and using the same type of hit.

Another solution that I believe would work is to check if they were retaliations. If I was participating in a KR for no reason, then I would understand, but if I am retaliating, and someone else is retaliating also, we should both be eligible to retaliate however we want.

The rule needs to be specific and have ways to differentiate between organized hits and coincidence attacks, before actually banning a player. One days worth of turns lost can make a big difference in the outcome of the round even if the ban is lifted.

Sorry bobbyata. I wish we would have coordinated if we were going to get banned for it anyways. At least then all 3 of us would be finished instead of just us 2 victims while the attacker is sitting in a top spot. Good luck to you in future games.

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 6:08:12

As an independent 3rd party, I have to agree with the two deleted.

I believe it's fair that if a country has grabbed two countries and afterwards they work together that should be legal.

If country A hits country B and B has a friend help, that is a different story.

GALLERI! REINSTATE THESE MEN! ALLOW THEM TO FINISH THEIR KILL RUNS!!!
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 12:59:08

Whatever, this is a solo server, fight your battles yourself. STOP BEGGING FOR HELP!
The Nigerian Nightmare.