Verified:

Akira Game profile

Jun 10th 2013, 16:00:00

i spied someone a bit above half my nw. but when i tried to ps, gdi wont let me and i had to declare war.

what gives? shouldn't i be able to hit people half and twice my nw?
A formidable enemy who can pose a threat to my life - I would welcome that man as a dear friend.

blid

EE Patron

Jun 10th 2013, 23:26:59

If you were able to spy, they were in range. However, if you weren't able to attack, they were out of range. Something must have changed between the op and the attempt to attack
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 0:28:06

You created spies aka military, which increases your networth and likely cause you to go out of range.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Vic Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 0:58:45

ok so what is the threshold?
what multiple of your nw?

Vic Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 0:59:17

i thought it was like *12 but i could be pulling that out of my arse

blid

EE Patron

Jun 11th 2013, 1:03:33

2x, like Akira says
That's GDI threshold. Declare war and attack, and you can get past that. Humanitarian threshold is 8x though
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Akira Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 4:56:46

that's weird, he was +200K of half my nw and i dont think my spy production is enough for 200k nw per turn. and i didnt buy anything between spying and attacking.

anyway thanks for the info guys. i'll keep an eye on the nw in my next grabs.
A formidable enemy who can pose a threat to my life - I would welcome that man as a dear friend.

h2orich Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 5:41:38

Assuming target was not on at that time and did not ran turns

1)His military sold?
2)His tech sold?
3)You bought jets as you were about to attack so your networth increased?
4)He got hit?

Akira Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 6:18:05

yeah he didnt run turns

1. I didnt check :(
2. I don't know either.
3. I didnt buy, I had enough jets, I did buy some oil but not much.
4. He got hit 10 hours before.

Must be 1 and 2.

Akira Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 6:20:42

hey h20, sorry this is a noob question, but how do I check if he sold some military and tech, thus lowering his nw?

do i spy a moment before attacking just to make sure everything's still the same? last time i attacked about a minute after spying so yeah, a lot could happen in that minute.

h2orich Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 6:34:49

If the event is over, Im afraid you cant check it in tourney as no 3rd party websites records tourney server's stats.

You could do a spy on him
Calculate whats necessary..
then go to the search button at the left column and key in his country #. If the nw matches means he has not ran any turns or any of the above I mentioned.

Akira Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 8:23:04

yeah that sounds good. the server updates every 5 minutes right? so i can wait 5 minutes and search and then attack in a hurry.

but that sounds like i have to do a lot of things. heck, i'd just attack after my initial spy. i'd really be unlucky if the target will buy/sell anything in that minute like last time. i'll take my chances :)

h2orich Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 9:23:00

The search bar is instant I believe.

patmotor Game profile

Jun 14th 2013, 23:18:48

I would believe the search page has current networth, but the rank updates with the scores page.
I thought I remembered with Earth2025, if you you were spied on, you would lose a few spies. I figured that was the case here too, but I was told ptherwise.

Hammer Game profile

Sep 19th 2013, 0:55:10

Digging up an old thread, but similar question...

I was double tapped by a country similar in size. He bought out his market and made a nice jump afterwards...like twice my size after the purchases. I could not retal because of GDI.

I thought that once someone double tapped, the GDI protection was discontinued and you could retaliate at will.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 21st 2013, 15:20:23

GDI works differently on different servers. In tournament, you have access to all ops even against countries that never attacked you at all. However also in tournament, you can't hit countries 2x your size without declaring war. But if you want to hit him, just declare war and there you go. The humanitarian limit is 8x.

Hammer Game profile

Sep 22nd 2013, 12:35:39

Thanks, blid. I thought since my strike would be a retal to a double tap, GDI would allow it.

If I am going to play multiple servers, I need to take some GDI and Humanitarian notes for future reference!! Can't keep up with it....

blid

EE Patron

Sep 22nd 2013, 21:39:34

Well, humanitarian info is shown on the server details page. Click server details from the portal, or look at the scores list and click the name of the server, which is also a link to the server details.

GDI rules can be found by clicking GDI on the main country page.