Verified:

sfbob Game profile

Jul 27th 2018, 8:52:26

The last 4 or 5 land grabs I've done I'm only get tiny acre gains like 30 - 40 acres, I'd be better off exploring this is off 5000-6000 acre countries doing planned strikes and sending overkill amounts of jets like hundreds of thousands - I should be getting 100s of acres a time? Is there a reason for this?

Marshal Game profile

Jul 27th 2018, 12:56:20

countries you are attacking are in diminished returns and that means gains aren't high and only countries not getting attacked solves that. thumb rule is that if against target has been made 3 or more successful attacks then gains from next attack drop quite a much.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

drkprinc Game profile

Jul 27th 2018, 16:24:02

what he means is farming your multis never pays off.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Marshal Game profile

Jul 27th 2018, 19:08:18

but farming n00bprince's multies does pay off.

Wicked Game profile

Jul 31st 2018, 1:00:22

had a guy at the last hour retal for a land grab that happened at the beginning of game. I find it very amusing that he unleashed a barrage of missiles and spy ops to make sure i would not remain in the top 10. Am I wrong in thinking if you are not first everyone behind him gets a L or do we need to pat ourselves on the back. amusing i say very amusing. I think he thought I would be mad heck no i just have a good memory

Ratski Game profile

Jul 31st 2018, 2:06:33

I must have done something right this round, I ended in the top 12, but I kept my missals. I didn't bother to launch them at the end. I am going to be in the A server. I just wish the turns would come faster.

Hold-Fast Game profile

Aug 18th 2018, 15:26:43

indeed

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 18th 2018, 21:54:54

If you don't have a clue how grabbing works you are better off exploring. The winner of tournament is quite often an all-xp that maybe retalled or made like 2-4 well-placed grabs late-game. So many players start grabbing before realizing how to make a strong economy or play with a sustainable turn efficient approach. They end up going down as fast as they rose.

play an indy one set with a standard startup, get to 1.5k acres and then sit there and build CS til you are 55 bpt or so then explore and build to 1900 acres, do 3-4 mass-explores and learn that part of the game. buy tech! bonus are turns early and mid game and late game you make indy booms, once you manage to reach 25m NW doing this you can start thinking about grabbing, though I'd recommend you to get past 30m NW in tournament at least once with all-explore before grabbing.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 18th 2018, 22:20:16

if you are giving advices to ratski then those fall in to deaf ears.