Verified:

TAN Game profile

Jun 18th 2024, 15:33:40

As the old timers here will know, this game originally was called "Earth: 2025". It's only appropriate that after a quarter of a century playing this game, and as we finally arrive in 2025, that we do something special.

Anyone know if anything is in the works?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Raztastic Game profile

Jun 18th 2024, 15:39:03

In an effort to make the game more modern, they will allow an option to CM yourself if you name your country Syria or The U.S.A.

TAN Game profile

Jun 18th 2024, 15:50:49

Hah!

Make a new government called "Federation".

-10% food production
Playing turns with no food results in 5% population reduction instead of military
Public Market buy tax is 8%

Public Market sales +10% return
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Jun 18th 2024, 16:31:44

noob
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 18th 2024, 16:47:25

We'll add an "execute humanitarians" button that allows you to ignore humanitarian limits but your government type randomly changes at some point in the future.

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 18th 2024, 16:48:51

Originally posted by Slagpit:
We'll add an "execute humanitarians" button that allows you to ignore humanitarian limits but your government type randomly changes at some point in the future.

Dictators and tyrants should be able to. That’s a good idea

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 18th 2024, 16:50:56

I actually dislike that I can farm people in primary and then jump to safety. It’s very one sided and one dimensional. It would be a lot more fair to the smaller players if they could still at least missile me and use spies at the least.

I also think any top netters could still net while taking that into account. I like to net with war builds and if you check last set in primary I finished 2nd with 1 million + spies do it’s very possible. No idea why war netting gets so much hate round here

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 18th 2024, 16:52:11

We'll add chevrolet cars to the public market. They decrease the amount of time your units spend away on a PS but randomly break down causing your military to take more losses than expected.

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 18th 2024, 16:57:38

Add a tesla or a Prius too but only Tertius can drive it

TAN Game profile

Jun 18th 2024, 17:39:23

Originally posted by Cathankins:

Actually this is a great addition too. Have the likelihood start low, like 0.5%, and every time you do it, the chances increase by 0.5%. It's not much, but when you're running hundreds of turns, it adds up.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Detmer Game profile

Jun 19th 2024, 2:01:16

Originally posted by TAN:

Actually this is a great addition too. Have the likelihood start low, like 0.5%, and every time you do it, the chances increase by 0.5%. It's not much, but when you're running hundreds of turns, it adds up.

I'll assume you didn't do any math when offering 0.5%

TAN Game profile

Jun 19th 2024, 4:33:11

I did not.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Drow Game profile

Jun 19th 2024, 10:56:09

"your country has fallen victim to a CIA counter insurgency, a new *random government type* has arisen in place of your former government.
This then changes randomly a further 3 or 4 times due to "local instability" before stabilising again, with a fresh option to execute humanitarians ;)

Paradigm President of failed speeling

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 19th 2024, 13:50:17

Dev team promised me that is the date they are pulling the website.
404 error, page not found.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 19th 2024, 14:21:47

Just give us 125 chems and 250 turns so that we can all chem each other to death at the stroke of midnight!

It will be an explosive celebration into 2025

LightBringer Game profile

Jun 22nd 2024, 8:19:59

I actually dislike that I can farm people in primary and then jump to safety. It’s very one sided and one dimensional. It would be a lot more fair to the smaller players if they could still at least missile me and use spies at the least.

I also think any top netters could still net while taking that into account. I like to net with war builds and if you check last set in primary I finished 2nd with 1 million + spies do it’s very possible. No idea why war netting gets so much hate round here

Every set I finish with 1 million + spies, last set was over 2million, and I had a very convincing win. I've never been one to sell them of, but I think think that means I was war netting as you call it. Also, my best finish in Primary, I went no GDI so I had to have a war netting build, so not only did I have high spies, my spy tech and sdi was high all set, every other set I dont really have any. So yes, its absolutely possible to get big finishes while also making yourself impervious to attacks from smaller players if they have free reign to hit you.
Hello

BEM684 Game profile

Jul 11th 2024, 18:21:33

I haven't played or visited these forums in 6 months so I'm a little out of the loop. But I have some suggestions for 2025.

Change some of the formulas and don't disclose what you change, to prevent the super experienced min/maxers from dominating as hard in 2025. Couple that with a big recruiting push of new players and some veteran leaders. I would love to see some old time leaders try a reunion set for alliances that don't exist anymore. You all know better than me which ones that might work for. Maybe the new players will stick around long enough to learn the game well instead of getting stomped into the ground and ragequitting, if the experience gap was somewhat bridged by some formula changes and helpful leaders teaching n00bs. It's reasonable to expect some increased level of veterans returning in the next year as people remember Earth 2025.

Anarchist Game profile

Jul 11th 2024, 22:23:41

As soon as new years hit game time all countries will be killed and we all have to rise from the ashes and finish the set as restarts. Except the devs they also split the kills credits.

TNT Game profile

Jul 12th 2024, 6:38:54

Pull the plug on this game once and for all on 1/1/2025 @ 00:00

No archive
No data dump
Just oblivion

TCO_NBK Game profile

Jul 12th 2024, 13:18:47

It would be great if the superfast 2h game would be ready by then. Invite old timers over for some quick fun and hope they stick around :-)

Rick Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 12th 2024, 13:42:02

Earth: Infinite

A never ending round of Earth. You want out? You either die in game, or die in real life.

/ominous music

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 12th 2024, 17:29:46

Ooh sounds like stargatewars!

I warn you now. Never go there. I was lucky, I only lost a limb.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 12th 2024, 17:30:02

Cookie clicker otoh...

Nate Game profile

Jul 12th 2024, 19:58:19

Originally posted by UgolinoII:
Cookie clicker otoh...

Did Xerg get you with that one too? Hard to believe I only have 726 hours on Steam...
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Reckless2025 Game profile

Jul 12th 2024, 21:44:18

Originally posted by BEM684:
I haven't played or visited these forums in 6 months so I'm a little out of the loop. But I have some suggestions for 2025.

Change some of the formulas and don't disclose what you change, to prevent the super experienced min/maxers from dominating as hard in 2025. >>>>>>Couple that with a big recruiting push of new players and some veteran leaders. I would love to see some old time leaders try a reunion set for alliances that don't exist anymore.<<<<<< You all know better than me which ones that might work for. Maybe the new players will stick around long enough to learn the game well instead of getting stomped into the ground and ragequitting, if the experience gap was somewhat bridged by some formula changes and helpful leaders teaching n00bs. It's reasonable to expect some increased level of veterans returning in the next year as people remember Earth 2025.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 12th 2024, 22:20:44

Originally posted by Nate:
Originally posted by UgolinoII:
Cookie clicker otoh...

Did Xerg get you with that one too? Hard to believe I only have 726 hours on Steam...

Legacy started: 3,528 days ago, with 112 ascensions 😬

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 14th 2024, 11:27:33

Originally posted by TCO_NBK:
It would be great if the superfast 2h game would be ready by then. Invite old timers over for some quick fun and hope they stick around :-)

And

Originally posted by Rick:
Earth: Infinite

A never ending round of Earth. You want out? You either die in game, or die in real life.

/ominous music

Sounds fun
Mercs Unofficial Head Griefer
—————————————
http://mercs.ghqnet.com
—————————————
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com
—————————————

Drow Game profile

Jul 15th 2024, 9:55:31

just an ominous looking count down clock on every single screen, with no indication of what it is counting down TO.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jul 15th 2024, 15:43:30

Mehul returns to the game in 2025.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Jul 17th 2024, 4:15:11

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:

I laughed hard, real hard, because what WWE return this would be.

BigRedDog2846 Game profile

Jul 18th 2024, 12:37:25

Originally posted by Reckless2025:

apparently Utopia is still around as well and they just interviewed him a couple months ago, apparently he manages an escape room in arizona nowadays.

said he thought about trying to buy swirve again but the domained is owned by another company nowadays

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2024, 16:26:10

I'd like to see them shut down the game Jan 1. Then bring it back up Jan 2 and change the name to Empires Earth.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jul 23rd 2024, 17:30:27

Originally posted by BigRedDog2846:

apparently Utopia is still around as well and they just interviewed him a couple months ago, apparently he manages an escape room in arizona nowadays.

said he thought about trying to buy swirve again but the domained is owned by another company nowadays
True nothing like seeing old wrinkled men with saggy tits in their underwear making a final comeback. If I just described another player I'm sorry.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 23rd 2024, 17:51:52

Did you hack Zens webcam?
I financially support this game; what do you do?

Jul 23rd 2024, 19:14:12

Originally posted by BigRedDog2846:

Wow it is still around