Verified:

Detmer Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 2:09:12

Haven't seen so many serious grabs in a long time. Admins, are the grabbing statistics from all the rounds saved? Would it be possible to total the acres grabbed over all the sets of EE so far to compare?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 23rd 2010, 2:38:18

I know Boxcar has the data, I assume other sites do too.... the game also has it :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Detmer Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 2:45:06

Originally posted by Pang:
I know Boxcar has the data, I assume other sites do too.... the game also has it :p

Is it somehow accessible to me on boxcar? =P

dagga Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 2:54:28

Now, the admins have to make one tiny adjustment - do not allow countries in the same tag to hit each other.

We're playing alliance server, and somehow, countries in the same alliance can put their own countries into DR or build up ghost acres by SSing each other.

Change!
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Detmer Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 3:17:57

Originally posted by dagga:
Now, the admins have to make one tiny adjustment - do not allow countries in the same tag to hit each other.

We're playing alliance server, and somehow, countries in the same alliance can put their own countries into DR or build up ghost acres by SSing each other.

Change!

That is fluffing retarded. Go post stupid ideas on the BS forum.

Thomas Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 3:36:59

Originally posted by Detmer:

Change!

That is fluffing retarded. Go post stupid ideas on the BS forum.

Nah I agree with Dagga.

Putting yourself in DRs because you can't stop people from grabbing your tag, then you need to do something about your tag.

If you're putting yourself in DRs because you're afraid of being LG'd, then you either get proper defense, or stop farming people.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2010, 6:26:38

well the thought is ok, but the risk of doing that is rather than stopping 'bad things' you just raise the barrier to entry

making anyone who still bothers to do it with two tags / allied tags / retagging potentially having a larger advantage doing whatever it is than currently

with the result of instead of a potentially large amount of people doing something which is silly and makes the game less gamey to compete with eachother

you could have a small amount of people doing something silly and the large amount of people looking at them and wondering why they bother to compete

and in this game piles of stuff can be thought of in that way, from tag protection in alliance, to mass FA and 2b countries in ffa

Eric171 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 7:08:37

all of this started because a bunch of flufftards wanted to lg like it is an end by itself.

Live with the consequences.

I am not really joking when I say I favor nuke retals on the best set or largest country in the tag that made the landgrab. Collective responsibility ftw.

dagga Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 11:10:51

Detmer has again showed he is a daily rider on the short bus, no one has explained why the game allows you to hit your alliance mates.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Detmer Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 14:25:26

Detmer has again showed he is a daily rider on the short bus, no one has explained why the game allows you to hit your alliance mates.

The admins give us the game mechanics and we use them. Game mechanics are not meant to modify politics. Disallowing hitting your own alliance is the admins telling us how to play. I am very happy that they have a strong grasp on that concept. There is no need to explain why the game allows you to hit your alliance mates - why should there be an explanation for everything you are able to do?

And I did nothing to suggest any form of mental or physical retardation that would require me to ride the short bus - I merely flamed you. I understand how you don't get the concept of cause and effect and that I would need to do something retarded to show retardation. I liked how your response was to pull out the "I know you are but what am I?". Seriously.