Verified:

Trife Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 19:26:51

Thanks

Marshal Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 19:38:22

again? didn't we have this discussion at start of last set?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Detmer Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 19:46:23

I don't.

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 19:58:41

There are no topfeeds in Earth:Empires.

And if you think they still exist, your country deserves to die, your alliance deserves to burn, your balls deserve to shrivel, your life deserves to become pointless, and your family deserves to disown you.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 20:09:49

it's defined in the pact.

no pact?

tits or gtfo.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 5th 2012, 20:18:42

TF should not exist.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

cgr4 Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 20:19:08

At NA we define a topfeed as what the opposing alliance defines as a topfeed. Nuts!
cgr4

Marshal Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 20:42:26

no actual need for tf definition ssince many alliances do (85%+) l:l retalling already.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

ZIP Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 21:05:29

fluff L:L is for losers who can't retal
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Rockman Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 22:39:27

A topfeed is where you grab an alliance without making any attempt to bounce the retal.

1:1 is for losers who can't bounce a retal.

braden Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 22:43:02

if you smell like tinkle while grabbing, it's a topfeed

um, wait, nevermind :(

Oceana Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 22:54:36

A Top Feed is Defined as a whiner who don't know how to have defense

Jun 5th 2012, 22:56:52

Top Feed is an all jetter committing suicide to succeed at whatever the heck it is that Goth's succeed at.

Pain Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 23:00:25

Topfeed is definined as me getting my land back.
Your mother is a nice woman

GoodPeace Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 23:00:28

http://www.instructables.com/...ket-Top-Feed-Hydroponic-/

none of your losers understand Trife.
La Cosa Nostra

Jun 5th 2012, 23:03:19

we're not required to understand, we just have to tolerate him.

braden Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 23:06:19

who wants to buy pipes, bongs and papers?

only to smoke tobacco out of, of course.

archaic Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 1:50:30

seriously, its for the tomatoes
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

dagga Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 2:21:42

topfeed - When a crybaby, whiner, sore loser netter gets pissed off because his 35k acre country got grabbed because it had 500k turrets, no troops, 15k tanks and a SPAL of 5:1.

:)
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

BattleKJ Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 2:31:56

f u dagga

iScode Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 2:56:26

no such thing as a topfeed.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Rockman Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 3:00:38

Originally posted by dagga:
topfeed - When a crybaby, whiner, sore loser netter gets pissed off because his 35k acre country got grabbed because it had 500k turrets, no troops, 15k tanks and a SPAL of 5:1.

:)

If you stopped running around with such a crappy defense when grabbing these sore loser netters, it wouldn't be topfeeding anymore. Try buying some turrets, dagga.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 6th 2012, 3:53:30

orrrrrr
Topfeed = when a clan tries to justify why it did L:L on your clan because they couldn't retal properly in the first place, this is the lame excuse they use, "omgwtfbbq your guy TF'd us" then wars start.
lrn2retal
And I don't think dagga meant himself, rockman. It was an example ;)

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Jiman Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 4:33:07

A topfeed is when a Fat land country gets grabbed and losses a lot of because they didnt carry enough defense. They then start to become butthurt by their poor military choices so much so, that they have to relay on the political abilities of their alliance FA's to try to get there land back due to their mistakes.

That is topfeeding.

PS: It may of meant something different in the past, but that is the current form of what it is atm.

Edited By: Jiman on Jun 6th 2012, 4:37:23
See Original Post

iScode Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 5:28:31

damn it where have you been!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

anoniem Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 7:43:47

a topfeed is when some douche bag from some crap clan with no concept of what to do with land grabs a good alliance.
re(ally)tired

iScode Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 8:06:19

excellent, i will use that explanation from now on anon
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Pain Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 8:57:54

Originally posted by Jiman:
A topfeed is when a Fat land country gets grabbed and losses a lot of because they didnt carry enough defense. They then start to become butthurt by their poor military choices so much so, that they have to relay on the political abilities of their alliance FA's to try to get there land back due to their mistakes.

the only difference is in the first scenario L:L can be taken back in 1 grab where as not possible in the 2nd

That is topfeeding.

PS: It may of meant something different in the past, but that is the current form of what it is atm.

i fail to see how defense has any bearing whatsoever on how much land a country loses or gains back. the amount taken is relative to networth differences. if a 10k acre 2m net country grabs a 30k acre 8m net country with 200k turrets, they will only get about 5% as opposed to 10% if they both had 8m net. alternatively a 30k acre 8m country with 8m turrets can still get "topfed" by a 10k acre 8m net country with 8m jets. point: defense is irrelevant when determining topfeed.

lrn2knowhatyouretalkingabout

Edited By: Pain on Jun 6th 2012, 9:01:26
See Original Post
Your mother is a nice woman

anoniem Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 9:23:02

Originally posted by iScode:
excellent, i will use that explanation from now on anon

lol!

dont use it, even i wouldnt!
re(ally)tired

iTarl Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 11:57:00

nw or land , which one is it pain?

TeckMing Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 12:00:46

133tz Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 12:19:54

bonus
I am an EE noob.

Kumander Otbol

Jun 6th 2012, 12:45:06

it's when you punch somebody in the face barehandedly and then tell him to punch the wall instead of you or else you would repeatedly cry over it in AT, again and again. :) that's what i call a topfeed.
Originally posted by cypress:
no reason to start slacking just because they are getting FA

fluff them....we'll steamroll them even with the FA they are getting

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 14:10:46

A topfeed is when you make a landgrab, where the single retal will get the country back less land than he started with. Pacts with L:L clauses are typically used to counter topfeeds.

In the distant past, topfeed used to be defined as grabbing someone of larger NW than you, but this definition got thrown away because in EE, you now get less land grabbing someone larger in NW than you, than someone of equal NW, if both have the same amount of acres.

Rockman Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 14:22:20

Originally posted by Pain:
Originally posted by Jiman:

the only difference is in the first scenario L:L can be taken back in 1 grab where as not possible in the 2nd

That is topfeeding.

i fail to see how defense has any bearing whatsoever on how much land a country loses or gains back. the amount taken is relative to networth differences. if a 10k acre 2m net country grabs a 30k acre 8m net country with 200k turrets, they will only get about 5% as opposed to 10% if they both had 8m net. alternatively a 30k acre 8m country with 8m turrets can still get "topfed" by a 10k acre 8m net country with 8m jets. point: defense is irrelevant when determining topfeed.

lrn2knowhatyouretalkingabout

I disagree, Pain. Defense is relevant when determining topfeed. However, its the defense of the attacker that is relevant, not the defense of the defender. If the attacker tries to bounce the retal, its not a topfeed. If the attacker makes no attempt to bounce the retal, or has no hope of bouncing the retal, its either a topfeed, or a really dumb grab.

You should never grab an alliance and then hide behind a retal policy. If you hide behind something after grabbing an alliance, make sure its enough turrets that they can't retal you.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 6th 2012, 15:49:32

ok after long thought...better explination.
Topfeed is when a guy wants to "gets some", he gets on top of a girl and feeds his manhood :P

Trife Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 21:06:16

this gets better results than my .999...=1? threads!

Thomas Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 21:11:00

Original attacker has 20% less land BEFORE the grab.

And I agree, L:L is for fluffes. L:L supporters & Landtraders should be sent to an island to die.

braden Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 21:56:33

i'm down, it would be like survivor.

Junky Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 21:59:28

we have this discussion every 2-3 sets it seems.. the answer is... Topfeeding is how we've always defined it.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

elvesrus

Jun 6th 2012, 22:07:50

Originally posted by Thomas:
Original attacker has 20% less land BEFORE the grab.

And I agree, L:L is for fluffes. L:L supporters & Landtraders should be sent to an island to die.

Says the person who basically started a war using sanct's topfeed policy
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Drow Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 22:15:14

a topfeed seems to be generally defined by those who have it as "hitting a country with 20/25% (depending on the alliance) more land than you do"
it came about because it meant you couldn't get the land back in a single grab.
It was originally aimed at when much smaller NW countries would grab much larger NW countries, getting a huge acreage return, whilst still staying smaller than their target. when the much bigger taget tried to retal, they would only get a paltry amount of land back.
basically these days, it is used to target people who aggressively midfeed, because most alliances who HAVE such a clause would rather run relatively low def countries and bottom feed countries who can't retal at all, except by throwing missiles, for which they are promptly killed.
Pain: Defence becomes an issue because it's the countries who are sitting on fat land, with bugger all defence who are the ones most often hit. if your number of turrets is low enough that it's worth the expenditure to gain the land you have, people are going to get grabbed. the guy with 500k turrets on 25k acres, is more likely to be targeted than the guy with 5 million turrets after all...

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Thomas Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 22:26:34

@Drow

It doesn't necessarily mean the countries are running low defense. It could be that someone with low land bought a lot of military to be able to break.

And as you pointed out, the reason topfeeds were enforced is because you couldn't get your land back in 1 retal. If all things being equal, you can't get your land back in 1 shot, it's because of these things:

- NW Difference (up to the country to get within NW range before making a retal)
- Tyr (not much you can do about that)
- Mil Strat (buy some)
- Land Differential.

But now that almost everybody has accepted this "we're lazy and can't retal properly so we're going to enforce L:L, allowing our guys to retal 5 times to get our land back from 1 fluffing grab", topfeeds are nearly nonexistant.

It seems any strategic hurdle that is faced in this game, the community finds a way around it. This game lacks challenge.

Kumander Otbol

Jun 7th 2012, 5:02:23

Originally posted by Rockman:

You should never grab an alliance and then hide behind a retal policy. If you hide behind something after grabbing an alliance, make sure its enough turrets that they can't retal you.

+1 to this
Originally posted by cypress:
no reason to start slacking just because they are getting FA

fluff them....we'll steamroll them even with the FA they are getting