Verified:

Nuketon Game profile

Nov 13th 2012, 3:30:11

Since some of us attempt to take things literally, we added a few words to our retal policy:

The following rules pertain to retals:

Land grabs against LCN will be retalled and LCN's land will be retaken, unless specified different in an alliance pact.

LCN will retal hits land:land. A land:land retal is where LCN will hit the country as many times as neccesary to regain the lost land. Land:land retals have nothing to do with top-, bottom-, mid-, side-, or upside-down feeds. L:L retals will end on any DH.

DH will be retaled 1:1 escalating.

The only acceptable kinds of retaliations are SS and PS. LCN members are encouraged to use only PS for their retals. If SS is used, that will end any L:L claims (unless FA's reach an agreement otherwise)

Special attacks and harmful spy ops will be retaled 1:1 escalating.

The attacked member gets first shot at the retal and has an obligation to make sure it gets taken (either by themselves or by another member of LCN if they cannot take it).

Retaliation grabs after 72 hours from the initial hit are not allowed. They will be considered as a landgrab.

Hits within 48 hours after a retal on the retaler will be considered a retal on a retal.

Bottom line: Other alliances will not gain land when they hit LCN. We will take our land back.

Wiki has been updated, thank you for your time :)

Edited By: Nuketon on Nov 14th 2012, 15:23:40
See Original Post

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Nov 13th 2012, 7:04:21

Aren't policies supposed to be taken literally? If the grammar or sentence structuring was off, then don't blame others who read it as is :P It is the fault of the previous writer that caused any issues for your clan.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Erian Game profile

Nov 13th 2012, 8:30:08

Only take things literally if you want to mess with someone. Otherwise try to figure out what they are really trying to say and act accordingly :P

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Nov 13th 2012, 9:14:31

And that's the bottom line because Nuketon says so?

It just doesnt have a ring to it...
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

anoniem Game profile

Nov 13th 2012, 11:42:48

Originally posted by Erian:
Only take things literally if you want to mess with someone. Otherwise try to figure out what they are really trying to say and act accordingly :P

then again the only thing you could have taken literally from LCN's policy is their land:land policy, cos i remember last set llaar did a DH and then another attack and complained about getting retalled 3:2 rather than land:land on the successful hit.
re(ally)tired

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 13th 2012, 13:15:47

----------------
LCN will retal hits land:land. A land:land retal is where LCN will hit the country as many times as neccesary to regain the lost land. Land:land retals have nothing to do with top-, bottom-, mid-, side-, or upside-down feeds. L:L will end on any DH
----------------

lol, the way that policy is written, it means you can Defense Held LCN for 10 hits and they cannot retal you because "L:L will end on any DH", which can be interpreted as the attacker's DH, and there is no lost land to be regained.

trumper Game profile

Nov 13th 2012, 15:01:22

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
----------------
LCN will retal hits land:land. A land:land retal is where LCN will hit the country as many times as neccesary to regain the lost land. Land:land retals have nothing to do with top-, bottom-, mid-, side-, or upside-down feeds. L:L will end on any DH
----------------

lol, the way that policy is written, it means you can Defense Held LCN for 10 hits and they cannot retal you because "L:L will end on any DH", which can be interpreted as the attacker's DH, and there is no lost land to be regained.

"Land grabs against LCN will be retalled and LCN's land will be retaken"

This is our necessary and proper clause basically. First hits are retalled and second we enforce L:L unless specified otherwise.

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 13th 2012, 15:11:58

Aha, but if no land is taken in an attack (DH), it cannot be called a land grab, and there is no land to be retaken! The problems with taking written text literally!

Trife Game profile

Nov 13th 2012, 15:17:55

Will this be known as the llaar edit?

Hello Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2012, 15:30:49

Looks like LCN is trying to play the game based on common sense and the way a majority of the server plays. I'm not sure why llaar is having suck a hard time understanding common sense.

What alliance will allow SS first and than a PS on the last hit, just so you can get an extra hit in?

Also from what I'm reading everyone knows a DH STOPS L;L. Are you a new player llaar?

trumper Game profile

Nov 13th 2012, 18:14:40

Aha, but if no land is taken in an attack (DH), it cannot be called a land grab, and there is no land to be retaken! The problems with taking written text literally!

But if Trife tried to grab your ass, would the law not count it as sexual harassment even though he failed?

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 13th 2012, 18:19:58

I'm trying to help you here, I'm pointing out "loopholes" before llaar can exploit them!

Trife Game profile

Nov 13th 2012, 18:33:15

Originally posted by trumper:

But if Trife tried to grab your ass, would the law not count it as sexual harassment even though he failed?

Is it sexual harassment if they wanted me to grab their ass?

gradeA

Nov 14th 2012, 14:56:31

Originally posted by Nuketon:
Since some of us attempt to take things literally, we added a few words to our retal policy:

The following rules pertain to retals:

Land grabs against LCN will be retalled and LCN's land will be retaken, unless specified different in an alliance pact.

LCN will retal hits land:land. A land:land retal is where LCN will hit the country as many times as neccesary to regain the lost land. Land:land retals have

nothing to do with top-, bottom-, mid-, side-, or upside-down feeds. L:L will end on any DH

The only acceptable kinds of retaliations are SS and PS. LCN members are encouraged to use only PS for their retals. If SS is used, that will end any L:L claims (unless FA's reach an agreement otherwise)

The attacked member gets first shot at the retal and has an obligation to make sure it gets taken (either by themselves or by another member of LCN if they

cannot take it).

Retaliation grabs after 72 hours from the initial hit are not allowed. They will be considered as a landgrab.

Hits within 48 hours after a retal on the retaler will be considered a retal on a retal.

Bottom line: Other alliances will not gain land when they hit LCN. We will take our land back.

Wiki has been updated, thank you for your time :)

p.s. according to your policy you will retal land:land, so i guess people should expect 100% land:land retaliations?

you haven't stated any %'s and there is still the issue of a DH being 0 acres taken => 0 retals....

Trife Game profile

Nov 14th 2012, 15:14:34

Fine, landgrabs on us that DH'ed will be retaled with a successful retal.

Ta-da!

Nuketon Game profile

Nov 14th 2012, 15:25:17

Updated again.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 14th 2012, 15:29:19

Originally posted by Trife:
Fine, landgrabs on us that DH'ed will be retaled with a successful retal.

Ta-da!

That means that if LCN does a DH on a guy after he does a DH on them, LCN's DH is not considered a retal. Therefore, they are allowed a 2nd attempt at retalling, but you're also free to retal their DH, as it was not a retal due to it not being successful.

Nuketon Game profile

Nov 14th 2012, 15:31:34

GradeA, we are somewhat flexible with the % and generally stop at 80%.

Hello Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2012, 16:04:55

No Rockman, If a country hits a LCN member with a DH, LCN gets 1 retal regardless if they win or fail. So if LCN retails and gets a DH case closed. If LCN retals and gets 800 acres, case closed.

The same is if the roles were reversed. If clan A attacks LCN and receives 800 acres and the LCN member retals and gets a DH, CASE CLOSED. All retails are over, NO MORE HITS FROM LCN

Edited By: Hello on Nov 14th 2012, 16:08:03
See Original Post

gradeA

Nov 14th 2012, 16:47:57

ok cool.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Nov 14th 2012, 23:02:13

I do what I want ; )
Do as I say, not as I do.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 15th 2012, 3:41:14

Make sure you contact iMag first before doing L:L as per our policy.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Devestation Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 4:34:31

what the fluff is an upside down retal

133tz Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 5:16:44

lol it just shows you like it from the side and upside down. What other positions satisfy you?
I am an EE noob.

PG Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 5:19:31

Originally posted by galleri:

Or iMag shouldn’t landgrab someone who got L:L or 80% policy.

RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Nuketon Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 5:46:42

galleri, don't be the aggressor and there will be no need for contact ;)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 15th 2012, 6:11:07

Originally posted by PG:

Oh it is ok for everyone else to have policies...but not iMag.
ok.

Nuketon...I am always an aggressor. Wait wrong topic.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

PG Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 10:24:53

Originally posted by PG:

ok.

no ofc its ok for imagnum to have their policies.

but don't expect people to follow it.

If imagnum landgrab them and following imagnum retal policy put them in a worst position then their own retal policy
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Syko_Killa Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 11:17:49

So will LCN be LGing other clans still? If so I want my retal policy to be the same as yours.L:L because of course I want the same benefits if you guys LG me: )
Nevermind I just read "dont be the aggressor"

Kumander Otbol

Nov 15th 2012, 11:32:57

/me plans to hit LCN and see if they follow their retal policy. :p
Originally posted by cypress:
no reason to start slacking just because they are getting FA

fluff them....we'll steamroll them even with the FA they are getting

Nuketon Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 12:50:12

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, we have had this retal policy for years

Just making a couple clarifications.

trumper Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 13:10:04

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
So will LCN be LGing other clans still? If so I want my retal policy to be the same as yours.L:L because of course I want the same benefits if you guys LG me: )
Nevermind I just read "dont be the aggressor"

A two second news search could confirm this for you.

tellarion Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 15:40:09

Retal policies have been such a gigantic waste of time and a headache all set long. How is it not common sense that when you grab an alliance, you should expect to get retalled according to THEIR retal policy? Is that really such a strange concept??

Syko_Killa Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 17:01:07

trumper notice how at the bottom I corrected myself so dont try to correct me after I corrected myself.. that is irritating

GoodPeace Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 21:14:13

kumander octbol, I believe LCN and SOF are pacted in some way, so be aware that special rules apply. But please feel free to grab us, and just expect retals. Mind you, we rarely fail them, so all this nonsense about DHs won't really come into play.
La Cosa Nostra

Nuketon Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 21:50:36

Originally posted by PG:

ok.

You sure Soviet wouldn't mind if we made contact then :p

trumper Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 23:01:41

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
trumper notice how at the bottom I corrected myself so dont try to correct me after I corrected myself.. that is irritating

Equally irritating is using the word correct three times in the same sentence =).

Pain Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 23:20:43

its honestly amazing how long some people have been playing this game but havent got a shred of common sense when it comes to stupid fluff like this.

i dont know of a single alliance that will allow a mix of SS and PS retals. this should be common sense and playing dumb isnt going to change the outcome when its attempted.
Your mother is a nice woman

Syko_Killa Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 23:57:27

Trumper I just wanted to make sure you got the message ; )

Kumander Otbol

Nov 16th 2012, 12:57:24

Originally posted by GoodPeace:
kumander octbol, I believe LCN and SOF are pacted in some way, so be aware that special rules apply. But please feel free to grab us, and just expect retals. Mind you, we rarely fail them, so all this nonsense about DHs won't really come into play.

i know. :p but someone did hit you.

Atryn Game profile

Nov 17th 2012, 22:53:43

no mention of ghost?

So if player A hits LCN and takes 300(100), are you trying to get back the 300 stolen or the 400 they gained from hitting you? And if you retal and get 250(150) is that done because you got all of the 400 gained back, or not done because they only lost 250 after gaining 400 from hitting you?

Are you trying to make LCN whole, or are you trying to eliminate any possible gain from hitting LCN?

Hello Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2012, 23:11:21

Ok guys and gals. We are just like ALMOST every other L:L alliance out there. If someone hits us and gets 3000 acres and 1500 ghost acres [ 3000(1500)] LCN will attack until they get 3000 acres not counting ghost acres. So if on their 1st LG they get 3100(600) Case Closed. If they get 2100(1000) we hit again. I'm I crazy or does EVERY OTHER ALLIANCE IN THIS SERVER that enforces L:L (Probably 80 percent of the server) have the same RULES. What am I missing here? that 80 percent of the server follows

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2012, 23:13:14

Land:Land, last refuge of FAT WEAK COUNTRIES. LOL

That only works if you actually can kill the opposing alliance.

FAT WEAK COUNTRIES should be stripped of land until they can successfully take back all that was taken in the same number of hits.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Kumander Otbol

Nov 17th 2012, 23:31:00

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Land:Land, last refuge of FAT WEAK COUNTRIES. LOL

That only works if you actually can kill the opposing alliance.

FAT WEAK COUNTRIES should be stripped of land until they can successfully take back all that was taken in the same number of hits.

by FAT WEAK, you mean countries who carries a fluffload of land with low defenses? i see plenty of them. they're even making me fat. lol.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2012, 3:24:38

THE BIG PRINT GIVEITH AND THE SMALL PRINT TAKEITH AWAY!
I financially support this game; what do you do?