dagga Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 2:44:36

I like this.

Discuss.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Detmer Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 2:46:33

It is a good idea but I think it is certainly second priority to the facebook app.

dagga Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 2:50:42

What would the bot be like?

Would it run one strat?

Would it have a random retal/suicide function?

Would it be untagged or be in an EE tag?

Would it declare war?

Would it run all-x missile strats?

Would it keep all-x/low military types on their toes with random GS/BR?

Could you FDP the bot?
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Theseus Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 3:04:23

Originally posted by Detmer:
It is a good idea but I think it is certainly second priority to the facebook app.

Originally I thought that should take priority over just about anything, but now I'm not so sure. This isnt the kind of game people are going to give second chances to. I think bots or whatever may be very critical to getting the current community stabilized and I think having a less cutthroat environment is key to getting the new folks from facebook to stick around.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2010, 3:12:17

It'd be a programming nightmare if they did a proper AI bot.

Theseus Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 3:16:50

I'm not much of a programmer, but if people can make bots that can kick my ass in FPS games, they can handle something for a text based game, damn it! :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 23rd 2010, 3:18:59

this has already been discussed on a few threads.... I don't think we need to rehash it again, but you all can knock yourselves out if you feel the need :p

Also, keep in mind that the land situation is something unique to the Clan games, and I don't think an AI element is needed on any server other than this one, and that this server may not even need it once the community grows somewhat.

The alliance server is not where our focus is for FB. The focus is on individual servers, which clans will be able to recruit from.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2010, 5:57:37

well other servers like express could have a more stable market with some bots, but you could do that just as easily there letting people buy and sell with an appropriate price penalty in return for some convenience

heck even a rule where all 30 food would get auto bought on the market in the last 1 hour could be good for express